TrT at 24 years old?

uns

Awards
Ive dealt with depression, libido issues, zero motivation, erectile dysfunction, and other issues since I was 18. Ive gone to doctors to do blood working hopeing they would find something. But nope everytime test is in normal range. Last time my blood was tested my test was 600 and free test was high but this may have been do to this supplement I was talking(took for 2 weeks stopped 2 days before test). Well anyway I feel like i have low T. Hell I had a bod pod test during my cut and then a bod pod test 4 months after over and I some how lost like .2lbs of muscle and put on 20 lbs of fat. No idea how especially since I train 5-6x a week and hit all my macros. Ive been lifting for 5 years and seriously am only at 145lbs of lean mass at 5'10.5 Arms only at 15.5. Only gained 5 lbs of muscle in the last 2 years. But yeah i just went to a trt clinic and they are taking blood test. Idk if its a sketchy place or not but it really seems like the dr will prescribe it to me. I think he understands my circumstance. Thing if he does ill be around 1100-1200 lvls. Isnt that too high? If this really does not fix my quality of life I will stop it. He said test should go back to normal or close. Thoughts? Should I do it? Is this my only option? I really feel like my quality of life is **** right now.

edit: Lean body mass is 145 or what ever. I weigh a total of 180. Supposidly went from 10.3% body fat to 19.8% in 4 months while losing muscle. Even though all my lifts went up and measurements went up (calfs are now at 16" right now)

Permabulk95

Awards
What supplement were you taking become bloodwork?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
First off, if your arms are 15.5in at 5'10 145 they should look huge in comparison to the rest of your body. Matter of fact they would have to damn near as big as your legs.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First off, if your arms are 15.5in at 5'10 145 they should look huge in comparison to the rest of your body. Matter of fact they would have to damn near as big as your legs.
Welp, exactly what I was going to say.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Uns, can you provide us a picture of your bloodwork? There’s plenty of different hormones that can cause symptoms of low test.

Permabulk95

Awards
You are moving WAY too fast. First of all, why do you FEEL like you have low T? Secondly, your bod pod test indicates a false reading I assume, because it's not possible to gain 20lbs of fat and be oblivious about it. Thirdly, if you have been lifting seriously for years and you are 145lbs at 5'10, you are obviously not hitting macros, that should be clear. If you were to go on trt, you likely wouldn't feel anything different or experience any change because your test levels are healthy. Being put on trt would possibly ruin your natural test levels forever and or cause fertility complications. You should look for other reasons for your issues, low T is not the culprit

uns

Awards
You are moving WAY too fast. First of all, why do you FEEL like you have low T? Secondly, your bod pod test indicates a false reading I assume, because it's not possible to gain 20lbs of fat and be oblivious about it. Thirdly, if you have been lifting seriously for years and you are 145lbs at 5'10, you are obviously not hitting macros, that should be clear. If you were to go on trt, you likely wouldn't feel anything different or experience any change because your test levels are healthy. Being put on trt would possibly ruin your natural test levels forever and or cause fertility complications. You should look for other reasons for your issues, low T is not the culprit
I should have clarified. my lean body mass is 145 or what ever is that. I forget but I weigh 180 rn. I have low t symptoms. dont want to go in specifics. And is it possible for bod pods to be that wrong? I look almost as lean as my roommate and his bod pod was at 11%. It was a sad day when I saw that. Which doesnt makes sense anway cuz everyone at the gym says ive gotten much bigger

uns

Awards
i mean lean body mass or what ever. Im at like 180 rn ima edit that

uns

Awards
Uns, can you provide us a picture of your bloodwork? There’s plenty of different hormones that can cause symptoms of low test.
Dont have a pic of the blood work. It was at my drs. I took a blood test today and will know results in 2 weeks.

When I took the test my free test was 20 out of 21 and overall was 600. Free test could be high cuz of supp but I did stop it 2 days before

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dont have a pic of the blood work. It was at my drs. I took a blood test today and will know results in 2 weeks.

When I took the test my free test was 20 out of 21 and overall was 600. Free test could be high cuz of supp but I did stop it 2 days before
Ask for a copy of your bloodwork next time; they’ll gladly give you it. Can’t help you without your bloodwork. Hopefully they checked a lot of stuff.

uns

Awards
Ask for a copy of your bloodwork next time; they’ll gladly give you it. Can’t help you without your bloodwork. Hopefully they checked a lot of stuff.
At the time they checked everything. Estrogen, lactate, kidney, etc. Everything was in normal range

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At the time they checked everything. Estrogen, lactate, kidney, etc. Everything was in normal range
Doctors use the ranges published by the lab testing center. These ranges are from blood tests done on 18 to 80 year old patients. When they say “normal” it means you are within those drastic ranges. Translation: Normal may not mean “normal” for you. Call them and get a copy of that bloodwork. Compare your new tests with those older tests to see if you are “trending” up or down. If you have a iPhone, take a look at an app called MyBloodTracker to use to track and graph the results.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive dealt with depression, libido issues, zero motivation, erectile dysfunction, and other issues since I was 18. Ive gone to doctors to do blood working hopeing they would find something. But nope everytime test is in normal range. Last time my blood was tested my test was 600 and free test was high but this may have been do to this supplement I was talking(took for 2 weeks stopped 2 days before test). Well anyway I feel like i have low T. Hell I had a bod pod test during my cut and then a bod pod test 4 months after over and I some how lost like .2lbs of muscle and put on 20 lbs of fat. No idea how especially since I train 5-6x a week and hit all my macros. Ive been lifting for 5 years and seriously am only at 145lbs of lean mass at 5'10.5 Arms only at 15.5. Only gained 5 lbs of muscle in the last 2 years. But yeah i just went to a trt clinic and they are taking blood test. Idk if its a sketchy place or not but it really seems like the dr will prescribe it to me. I think he understands my circumstance. Thing if he does ill be around 1100-1200 lvls. Isnt that too high? If this really does not fix my quality of life I will stop it. He said test should go back to normal or close. Thoughts? Should I do it? Is this my only option? I really feel like my quality of life is **** right now.

edit: Lean body mass is 145 or what ever. I weigh a total of 180. Supposidly went from 10.3% body fat to 19.8% in 4 months while losing muscle. Even though all my lifts went up and measurements went up (calfs are now at 16" right now)
Testosterone might not be the cure all your looking for. Hormones are about balance. You could have a test level of 500 but perfect balance across other hormones (DHT, Estrogen) and be fine and fit as hell but you could also have a test level of 700 with high estrogen and look like crap. And each persons body reacts different to different levels of hormones.

Your leaving a lot of information out. You will need to post full blood panel to even begin to address. Dont assume its because of your test levels

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
It seems like everyone on this forum who thinks they suffer from depression automatically associates it with low T levels.

uns

Awards
Testosterone might not be the cure all your looking for. Hormones are about balance. You could have a test level of 500 but perfect balance across other hormones (DHT, Estrogen) and be fine and fit as hell but you could also have a test level of 700 with high estrogen and look like crap. And each persons body reacts different to different levels of hormones.

Your leaving a lot of information out. You will need to post full blood panel to even begin to address. Dont assume its because of your test levels
last blood test showed free test at 20 out of 21, overall at 600. Estrogen and everything else was fine.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems like everyone on this forum who thinks they suffer from depression automatically associates it with low T levels.
That’s because it usually is related to hormones. A side effect of low T is depression. Most doctors are not trained to look at hormones but are quick to prescribe antidepressants.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
That’s because it usually is related to hormones. A side effect of low T is depression. Most doctors are not trained to look at hormones but are quick to prescribe antidepressants.
It can be related to low T but it doesn't mean it is. This is a situation where supposedly his hormones are in check. Instead of looking towards TRT I would be looking to maybe make an appointment with a psychiatrist. That's just me though.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Free test, estradiol, and prolactin can all be culprits to symptoms of low test

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
last blood test showed free test at 20 out of 21, overall at 600. Estrogen and everything else was fine.
The ranges now are so vast they almost mean nothing except if your low. Personally I would jump on 25mg of Clomid for 4 weeks. You should see a good bump in test from this. Retest your levels regardless of how your feeling.

TRT at 24 is insane. Its a serious commitment

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed.

Also, there's a few TCM remedies for depression that work quite well. As well as aminos that you may be low on. Try adding some taurine and theanine in daily for two weeks and see if you feel better (and possibly seem magnesium). Also, probiotics and fish oil can make and huge difference in mood. Albizia extract is the TCM herb that helps me with depression as well as he shou woo*sp. The second makes me primarily horny, but also a bit happier.

Scott4bama15

Awards
OP this may sound crazy but it would be worth a try to give yourself an off week. Couple years back I was hitting it 6 times a week and got to the point that I didn’t feel like I could live another day. I happened to run into an article on an unrelated website that listed symptoms of overtraining and it seemed to be exactly what I was feeling. Took an off week and felt like a new man within days. You may not be looking for the advice I’m giving but you’ll soon see that it ain’t all about the gains dude. I’m sure others on here had something happen to them in life that beat them down and they responded by slapping on pounds of muscle. I did but soon realized I was mostly the same person with some additional muscle. May need to look deeper.

Kasper710

Awards
I think it’s not hormonal the problem it must be psychological , as far as your weight you should hit your macros and your calories to grow

uns

Awards
Agreed.

Also, there's a few TCM remedies for depression that work quite well. As well as aminos that you may be low on. Try adding some taurine and theanine in daily for two weeks and see if you feel better (and possibly seem magnesium). Also, probiotics and fish oil can make and huge difference in mood. Albizia extract is the TCM herb that helps me with depression as well as he shou woo*sp. The second makes me primarily horny, but also a bit happier.
Ive done probitoics, i do itnermintent fasting, Ive cut out gluten, my whey has a fk ton of amino acids(muscle feast) so i hit my aminos, ive tried herbs, ive been on anti depressents, ive smoked weed for years yet nothing is al ong term fix. I feel like I have so many mood swings. Feeling down for a few hours and then feeling happy for 20-30 minutes and then back down or what ever. Its like a daily thing. Ive even cut out weed for a month and feel even worse...as a kid i went to theraepy, been on lots of anti depressents nothing works long term for everything. Its pathetic really thats why i am willing to try trt. idk if i should due to fertility concerns(i want kids) and other concners. Honestly if there is a better route than trt i will take it

uns

Awards
OP this may sound crazy but it would be worth a try to give yourself an off week. Couple years back I was hitting it 6 times a week and got to the point that I didn’t feel like I could live another day. I happened to run into an article on an unrelated website that listed symptoms of overtraining and it seemed to be exactly what I was feeling. Took an off week and felt like a new man within days. You may not be looking for the advice I’m giving but you’ll soon see that it ain’t all about the gains dude. I’m sure others on here had something happen to them in life that beat them down and they responded by slapping on pounds of muscle. I did but soon realized I was mostly the same person with some additional muscle. May need to look deeper.
This last 4 months my motivation has dropped ten fold. I barely have motivation to lift. I still wrok out for 2hours on average but I really have to force my self to. Ive taken off a week and felt like I could take off longer but I didnt. Even now I take off a day when ever I can but never take more than 3x off max.

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
He also said he suffers from erectile dysfunction which seems to me to be hormone related for sure.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
He also said he suffers from erectile dysfunction which seems to me to be hormone related for sure.
Could be related to his depression. It does not have to be hormonal. He has been to therapy as a kid and been on many anti-depressants. Nobody on this forum is going to be able to diagnose him. This may have nothing to do with his testosterone. Only a doctor is going to be able to help OP.

monsterish

monsterish

Awards
I agree. It could def be something else. Only blood work will tell

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever answer what supplement you were taking?