TRT Arimidex and lethargic?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently on a TRT dose and have arimidex prescribed for any estrogen issues.

Every time i take this drug i feel very lethargic for a few days. I can always tell when my estrogen is creeping up. I took it yesterday and today i feel completely run down and tired. Seems a trend with Arimidex. I haven't took it for a while as my last bloods were borderline ok with estrogen but was told to take 0.25-0.5 the day after my next shot (Which i did.. 0.25) I also have aromasin here as well. I just don't use it very often as it has crashed my e2 before.

Is this a side effect of arimidex? Happens all the time with me for some reason.. Maybe my body just doesn't agree with it? Got a ton to do today so will need to get a few coffees into my system and get going!

Cheers guys

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Might be hyperesponder as I have seen in many
Why are you taking it in the first place? Is there justification on labs our your doctor is saying just take it for hell of it ? By healing my gut and other mechanism I no long need an AI. Keep telling doctors this, but they do not want to listen just prescribe drugs. I have little time for incompetency

Push50

Push50

Awards
  • Established
Has your estrogen been running high? I would assume that you are having bloods ran. I generally do not see my estro go up if I am running 200/wk or less. It just keeps my test levels up. High hematocrit and red blood cells count are what ussally make me lethargic.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My last bloods showed my Estrogen was on the climb. It was still in range but my doctor says your creeping up near the upper limit of normal. Whenever my estrogen is on the move i start to develop some spots on my back and i hold some extra water. Nothing major. I actually feel a lot better on the upper end up my estrogen than lower.

He says try taking Arimidex and we will test bloods again in 4 weeks and see how it's looking. I took 0.25 Wednesday and 0.25 Yesterday and the lethargy has got worse. Before Wednesday i felt brilliant. I have noticed that almost everytime with Arimidex though. Whenever i took it the day before my work the following day almost felt a challenge as i felt so sluggish and tired.

It's not sleep or diet. Both have been probably the best they have ever been.

I also have dropped my training back to the bare minimum just now.. Due to us moving house. So my CNS shouldn't be burnt out

So it all points to the Arimidex. What i might do is wait 3-4 days and let the Arimidex start to leave my system and then let my Estrogen climb but use a small dose of Aromasin to completely block anymore conversion as Arimidex is notorious for having a big rebound effect (Which has caught me out before)

I will let my Estrogen climb again until i feel good (Which i can easily tell when i first wake up in the mornings.. Before Wednesday i was sleeping 8+ hours and had energy from the moment i got up.. After Wednesday i have just felt very sluggish) and then just use a small Aromasin dose and then just leave it... I will consult my doctor before jumping straight into this protocol.

You think this is a wise option? I just think Arimidex doesn't agree with me or is just dropping my estrogen too quick and making me feel awful

Cheers guys

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Could be a filler in the pill
Often using liquid forms with pulling with a syringe is easier to titrations. If you are not having symptoms then why mess with it. Ain’t broke don’t fixed it ..

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My last bloods showed my Estrogen was on the climb. It was still in range but my doctor says your creeping up near the upper limit of normal. Whenever my estrogen is on the move i start to develop some spots on my back and i hold some extra water. Nothing major. I actually feel a lot better on the upper end up my estrogen than lower.

He says try taking Arimidex and we will test bloods again in 4 weeks and see how it's looking. I took 0.25 Wednesday and 0.25 Yesterday and the lethargy has got worse. Before Wednesday i felt brilliant. I have noticed that almost everytime with Arimidex though. Whenever i took it the day before my work the following day almost felt a challenge as i felt so sluggish and tired.

It's not sleep or diet. Both have been probably the best they have ever been.

I also have dropped my training back to the bare minimum just now.. Due to us moving house. So my CNS shouldn't be burnt out

So it all points to the Arimidex. What i might do is wait 3-4 days and let the Arimidex start to leave my system and then let my Estrogen climb but use a small dose of Aromasin to completely block anymore conversion as Arimidex is notorious for having a big rebound effect (Which has caught me out before)

I will let my Estrogen climb again until i feel good (Which i can easily tell when i first wake up in the mornings.. Before Wednesday i was sleeping 8+ hours and had energy from the moment i got up.. After Wednesday i have just felt very sluggish) and then just use a small Aromasin dose and then just leave it... I will consult my doctor before jumping straight into this protocol.

You think this is a wise option? I just think Arimidex doesn't agree with me or is just dropping my estrogen too quick and making me feel awful

Cheers guys
My dr. wanted to put me on Arimidex because my estrogen was slightly above normal and I refused and told him we can just keep monitoring my estrogen to make sure it doesn’t go even higher. I am not having any symptoms of high estrogen and feel great on my trt. How you feel should be the most important thing for trt, not a lab test that says estrogen is on the upper range of normal. What is the point of having low estrogen if you feel like ****. Arimidex also is bad for lipids and over the long term can lead to osteoporosis. I would tell your doctor you feel better without the Arimidex so you want to drop it and just monitor estrogen. If he refuses then drop him. You aren’t going to grow bitch tits just because the estrogen is high normal. Also, is your doctor using the Estradiol sensitive test? This is the test that is more geared toward men and therefore more accurate. Another option to avoid Arimidex is just have your trt dosage decreased a little. Less test injected will equal a lower estrogen level.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I contacted them yesterday and says about everything. I have an appointment for next week so will see how my bloods look. I did mention about stopping the Arimidex and just monitoring bloods and they says that's fine.

I still feel groggy this morning. Arimidex has a long half life so will take a week to fully leave my system.

How would i reduce back spots etc when my estrogen does start to climb? That's the only real issue. Whenever i use Arimidex the spots are gone in days. My body must just be sensitive to estrogen. In terms of how i feel. Slightly higher estrogen feels a lot better in terms of energy ' mood etc

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I contacted them yesterday and says about everything. I have an appointment for next week so will see how my bloods look. I did mention about stopping the Arimidex and just monitoring bloods and they says that's fine.

I still feel groggy this morning. Arimidex has a long half life so will take a week to fully leave my system.

How would i reduce back spots etc when my estrogen does start to climb? That's the only real issue. Whenever i use Arimidex the spots are gone in days. My body must just be sensitive to estrogen. In terms of how i feel. Slightly higher estrogen feels a lot better in terms of energy ' mood etc
Could try a very weak otc ai that will drop your estrogen a little, but not tank it. SNS Inhibit E is cheap and about the best over the counter AI there is.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could try a very weak otc ai that will drop your estrogen a little, but not tank it. SNS Inhibit E is cheap and about the best over the counter AI there is.
I will have a look into it I have heard good words about inhibit e.

I will wait to see how my bloods look and go from their.

5 days on and i am still no feeling too good! The Arimidex should be starting to come out my system though. It may take for that plus my next TRT dose to get myself back to normal. So just a few more days.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just don’t know if Inhibit E is something you can stay on with no break. You should email SNS and inquire. Hope you feel better soon.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
plus a million for all guys above who say no ai. now, not get wrong, if on trt dose and nipples hot/itch, you unfortunately need. but if no *problems*, current protocols from major trt docs (komiarek, nichols, sheehan, rousier) are no ai even if above 35. there is also test/est ratio - more test = more est. bone mineral problems are the big one with ai - dexa scan on 40 year old (kominiarek has dexa at trt clinic) show 80 year old man mineral level because of anastrozole).

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
plus a million for all guys above who say no ai. now, not get wrong, if on trt dose and nipples hot/itch, you unfortunately need. but if no *problems*, current protocols from major trt docs (komiarek, nichols, sheehan, rousier) are no ai even if above 35. there is also test/est ratio - more test = more est. bone mineral problems are the big one with ai - dexa scan on 40 year old (kominiarek has dexa at trt clinic) show 80 year old man mineral level because of anastrozole).
I have stopped the Arimidex.. Was just a recommendation from my Doctor at the time. I have contacted him and says i plan to stop based on how sh*tty i feel and he says that's fine. Been a few days and had a trt dose since and i have started to perk up. Thank god! I felt like a corpse for a week their

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Instead of taking .25 mgs after both injections, skip a full week, assess how you feel, then take
.25 after one of the injections instead of both, but only if you feel like you need an AI. You may not need one. E2 is the hardest to dial in.