Unanswered Trt and rapid weight loss

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
So over the last 6-8 weeks I’ve lost nearly 30 lbs without trying at all. Ate a crap diet, wasn’t able to lift consistent and yet lost 2.5” on my waist.

My question is has anyone else had a similar experience after starting trt? I’m about 10 months into the journey. I’m finding my maintenance caps have gone from about 2600 to 3200. I’m guessing it has to do with more muscle mass raising my BMR?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So over the last 6-8 weeks I’ve lost nearly 30 lbs without trying at all. Ate a crap diet, wasn’t able to lift consistent and yet lost 2.5” on my waist.

My question is has anyone else had a similar experience after starting trt? I’m about 10 months into the journey. I’m finding my maintenance caps have gone from about 2600 to 3200. I’m guessing it has to do with more muscle mass raising my BMR?
2 questions...1.what was age when starting trt?...

2.what was weight when starting trt?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
2 questions...1.what was age when starting trt?...

2.what was weight when starting trt?
26 when I started and weight was 230, built pretty solid but some fluff. No abs when relaxed but they were visible when flexed.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Did your strength drop and symptoms improve or get worse would be the first question?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Did your strength drop and symptoms improve or get worse would be the first question?
No everything was great and I felt amazing. Still do just thought the weight loss was odd though it stopped at about 205.

Strength went up after starting trt and I’m still stronger than before but my deadlift has taken a big hit since losing weight but that’s to be expected with weight loss and time off.
Could it just be an increased metabolism coupled with spotty lifting?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As long as symptoms going good, then you may need to increase your caloric intake to compensate

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well you were probably overweight and trt obviously boosted your metabolism so it’s logic you’re gonna lose weight but I wouldn’t except that much without trying though. Very cool for you man :)

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve heard plenty of guys talk about similar stories when going on TRT

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah because they’re overweight. I went on trt and was already 12% body fat I don’t really see how I could have lost weight.
Yeah I was roughly 18% according to caliper measurements. Now I’m 10% according to it so 8% at 230lbs 18.4lbs which is about right I’d say. The body fat is still balancing out though because I have veins in my quads, calves, arms, shoulders and chest a little but barely have abs

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But it’s positive dude TRT will really change your life. This weight loss is just the beginning it’s really gonna change you for a better person trust me 😁

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
But it’s positive dude TRT will really change your life. This weight loss is just the beginning it’s really gonna change you for a better person trust me
Oh yeah I’m stoked don’t get me wrong I just wanted some reassurance that is somewhat normal for trt. Still trying to get it all dialed in but I’m 27 and already feel a ton better. I couldn’t imagine going on like that until 40 lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah I’m stoked don’t get me wrong I just wanted some reassurance that is somewhat normal for trt. Still trying to get it all dialed in but I’m 27 and already feel a ton better. I couldn’t imagine going on like that until 40 lol
I was 50, lol.....