TRT and ran out of Anastrozole

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I won't be getting any more Anastrozole for another month or so. I am on 120mg of TRT per week broken up in two injections (now i do it subcutaneous)

I have a few clomids left. Can I take that in lieu of Anastrozole for this month. If so how much?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why would you take clomid on TRT? Anastrozole and Clomid are two entirely different animals.
One is an AI, the other is most definitely not. The clomid would be used to kick start your HPTA should you decide to stop TRT, given you were not on it that long to begin with... Open question.

A few clomid tabs are useless in that case. Clomiphene makes your pituitary think there is less estrogen.

Edit: And, you don't need an AI on that low a dose of Testosterone. Even up to 250 I would say, depending.

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can buy some Anastrozole from any of the research companies out there. It's everywhere. Clomid works fine for reducing estrogen too. I honestly don't know why people want to use AIs. Estrogen can be very beneficial on it's own, it boosts GH and a lot of other properties at low enough amounts. Unless you start experiencing itchy nips or something, I wouldn't even worry about using an anti-estrogen.

You could use something like SAN Estrodex which has some natural ingredients that reduce e2 levels and reduces SHBG binding, but doesn't totally suppress estrogen.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You can buy some Anastrozole from any of the research companies out there. It's everywhere. Clomid works fine for reducing estrogen too. I honestly don't know why people want to use AIs. Estrogen can be very beneficial on it's own, it boosts GH and a lot of other properties at low enough amounts. Unless you start experiencing itchy nips or something, I wouldn't even worry about using an anti-estrogen.

You could use something like SAN Estrodex which has some natural ingredients that reduce e2 levels and reduces SHBG binding, but doesn't totally suppress estrogen.
Clomid does not reduce Estrogen.
At all.

It has zero ability to do that.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Clomid makes your pituitary 'think' there is less estrogen, in turn you are stimulating the increase if LH / FSH.
The AI is what is either suicidal or not, in blocking the estrogen receptors. There is a big difference.

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I won't be getting any more Anastrozole for another month or so. I am on 120mg of TRT per week broken up in two injections (now i do it subcutaneous)

I have a few clomids left. Can I take that in lieu of Anastrozole for this month. If so how much?
DIM (Diindolemethane) is a good AI option for TRT doses of test.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Clomid does not reduce Estrogen.
At all.

It has zero ability to do that.

Where did you get that idea? Clomid is a SERM, just like Nolvadex. It just blocks estrogen from attaching to the receptor site.

Clomiphene citrate is capable of interacting with estrogen-receptor-containing tissues, including the hypothalamus, pituitary, ovary, endometrium, vagina, and cervix. It may compete with estrogen for estrogen-receptor-binding sites and may delay replenishment of intracellular estrogen receptors. Clomiphene citrate initiates a series of endocrine events culminating in a preovulatory gonadotropin surge and subsequent follicular rupture. The first endocrine event in response to a course of clomiphene therapy is an increase in the release of pituitary gonadotropins. This initiates steroidogenesis and folliculogenesis, resulting in growth of the ovarian follicle and an increase in the circulating level of estradiol. Following ovulation, plasma progesterone and estradiol rise and fall as they would in a normal ovulatory cycle.
Source

That's the clinical pharmacology of the drug as a description for it's use as a fertitlity drug in women. But it clearly binds to the estrogen receptor sites and competes with it, hence blocking it and making it technically a SERM.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DIM (Diindolemethane) is a good AI option for TRT doses of test.
No sir. It is not.
I have to disagree here, and he doesn't need an AI, or Clomid.
Maybe HCG later when he base-lines, so they can dial him in for (kids) if that's in the cards.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Clomid makes the pituitary THINK there is less estrogen to spark the creation of LH and FSH.
It doesn't BLOCK anything, or reduce it.

You don't take Clomid on TRT.
You can take it instead of TRT, and it is prescribed as a TRT treatment.
I also think HCG is included in this, but I"m on straight up TRT.

What doctor would prescribe clomid and testosterone? Yours? Get another doctor please.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where did you get that idea? Clomid is a SERM, just like Nolvadex. It just blocks estrogen from attaching to the receptor site.

Source

That's the clinical pharmacology of the drug as a description for it's use as a fertitlity drug in women. But it clearly binds to the estrogen receptor sites and competes with it, hence blocking it and making it technically a SERM.
You said that it REDUCES Estrogen.

It does not.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Clomid makes the pituitary THINK there is less estrogen to spark the creation of LH and FSH.
It absolutely blocks it. I don't know where this idea came from

Clomifene is in the selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) family of medication and is a nonsteroidal medication.[6][5]
Bodybuilders have been using Clomid since the 70s. It's such an old and well known drug, I don't know who started this rumor that it doesn't block estrogen.

Clomifene is a nonsteroidal triphenylethylene derivative that acts as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).[28] It consists of a racemic mixture of zuclomifene (~38%) and enclomifene (~62%), each of which has unique pharmacologic properties.[29] It is a mixed agonist and antagonist of the estrogen receptor (ER). Clomifene activates the ERα in the setting of low baseline estrogen levels and partially blocks the receptor in the context of high baseline estrogen levels.[18] Conversely, it is an antagonist of the ERβ.[18] Clomifene is a long-acting ER ligand, with a nuclear retention of greater than 48 hours.[30]
I don't want to clog up this guy's thread arguing about it, but I mean seriously. Clomid has been used FOREVER as an anti-estrogen.

From Anabolics 2009 (click the images and click zoom to enlarge and read):

Jrizzy50.

Awards
Yo your dr will give you that crap dirt cheap I get like 20 refills and Public call and get more refills without a visit

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Bodybuilders have been using Clomid since the 70s. It's such an old and well known drug, I don't know who started this rumor that it doesn't block estrogen.

I don't want to clog up this guy's thread arguing about it, but I mean seriously. Clomid has been used FOREVER as an anti-estrogen.

“Blocking” estrogen is NOT the same as LOWERING it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

What makes you think you need an AI? with 120mg of Testosterone per week?
Are you taking anything else that aromatizes?

1. You don't need the AI
2. You don't take Clomid on TRT
3. It's either Clomid or Testosterone

Capice?

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No sir. It is not.
I have to disagree here, and he doesn't need an AI, or Clomid.
Maybe HCG later when he base-lines, so they can dial him in for (kids) if that's in the cards.
Why not, what's wrong with it? It has worked for me on TRT.

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Define “worked.” Do you have blood test results with and without DIM and no other changes?
I have bloodwork with anastrozole, and then with DIM, but not with just test. I believe it does have some effectiveness, atleast for me, the real question here is why is OP taking anastrozole with just 120 mg?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
“Blocking” estrogen is NOT the same as LOWERING it.
But, I don't follow that logic. If it's blocked and can't bind to the receptor site, it's just floating around and can't do anything. Ofc an AI will suicide the estrogen, but Nolva and Clomid are still perfectly fine to stop any estrogenic effects from AAS.

Anyway, I agree with you he doesn't need it. The only reason to take it is if he was having puffy/itchy nipples or getting super bloated/moon face from his TRT. Otherwise, why block it? Estrogen is beneficial in small amounts.

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
But, I don't follow that logic. If it's blocked and can't bind to the receptor site, it's just floating around and can't do anything. Ofc an AI will suicide the estrogen, but Nolva and Clomid are still perfectly fine to stop any estrogenic effects from AAS.

Anyway, I agree with you he doesn't need it. The only reason to take it is if he was having puffy/itchy nipples or getting super bloated/moon face from his TRT. Otherwise, why block it? Estrogen is beneficial in small amounts.
Nolva and Clomid only block estrogen receptors in certain tissues.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

What dont you understand?

A serm prevents the estrogen from binding to a receptor. It DOES NOT prevent the aromatase enzyme from converting test to estrogen. Thats the entire reason we take an AI- to keep test and estro in proper balance. Take the serm all you want, but if youre having a conversion issue for whatever reason, your estro levels will continue to rise even though youre taking the serm. Whats difficult about this to understand?

Youre the one that brought this up and yet you keep trying to move the goal posts. You simply do not take a serm for the same reason you take an AI. They dont do the same thing.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

These are SELECTIVE Estrogen Receptor Modulators.

They Selectively block SOME of the effects.
Most definitely not all.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP to answer your question you most likely don’t need to use any AI on TRT doses that low. If you do and can’t get any from your doc then the research chem way might be the way to go. What was your estradiol number last time you got bloodwork done?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP to answer your question you most likely don’t need to use any AI on TRT doses that low. If you do and can’t get any from your doc then the research chem way might be the way to go. What was your estradiol number last time you got bloodwork done?

This. And was it a sensitive estradiol test?

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This. And was it a sensitive estradiol test?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP hasnt specified if he has just started TRT, or if he has been on TRT for some period of time.

If the latter, he may well have an established protocol that involves an AI. Ie he has acceptable bloods and feels great.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have bloodwork with anastrozole, and then with DIM, but not with just test. I believe it does have some effectiveness, atleast for me, the real question here is why is OP taking anastrozole with just 120 mg?
The real real question is why is the OP out of arimidex?? If following the prescription guidelines he shouldn’t be running out. Unless this is not doctor prescribed TRT

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote

You don't take Clomid on TRT.
You can take it instead of TRT, and it is prescribed as a TRT treatment.
I also think HCG is included in this, but I"m on straight up TRT.

What doctor would prescribe clomid and testosterone? Yours? Get another doctor please.
I think we all know that you don't take Clomid on TRT for boosting testosterone. Obviously my doc didn't prescribe it. That wasn't my question. My question was if Clomid will reduce estrogen like an AI. And if so, how much to take of it.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The real real question is why is the OP out of arimidex?? If following the prescription guidelines he shouldn’t be running out. Unless this is not doctor prescribed TRT
What dont you understand?

A serm prevents the estrogen from binding to a receptor. It DOES NOT prevent the aromatase enzyme from converting test to estrogen. Thats the entire reason we take an AI- to keep test and estro in proper balance. Take the serm all you want, but if youre having a conversion issue for whatever reason, your estro levels will continue to rise even though youre taking the serm. Whats difficult about this to understand?

Youre the one that brought this up and yet you keep trying to move the goal posts. You simply do not take a serm for the same reason you take an AI. They dont do the same thing.
ok, makes sense. So no clomid. I think i'm following some other advice and checking out Virtus, letroone or DIM.

I wouldn't take anything but as a kid I had gyno and got it removed but don't want to do that again.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
apex has a kick ass AI that is a topical.. 6oxo it will certainly do what you need until you re-up

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Edit: And, you don't need an AI on that low a dose of Testosterone. Even up to 250 I would say, depending.
That's dangerous advice, please proceed with caution with that advice. Everyone responds different to exogenous testosterone. For example, when I first started TRT years ago, at 200mg/week, my esradiol was over 80. Someone's estradiol can spike at doses of 60mg or less.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It was 22 last time, but i've had spikes before when I first started TRT. It's been as high as 37 (over the last two years). I have bloods taken every 3 months, doc orders. I've been taking injections subcutaneous the last month or so and split up injections and haven't taken bloods since so I don't know where i'm at.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's dangerous advice, please proceed with caution with that advice. Everyone responds different to exogenous testosterone. For example, when I first started TRT years ago, at 200mg/week, my esradiol was over 80. Someone's estradiol can spike at doses of 60mg or less.
No.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ok, makes sense. So no clomid. I think i'm following some other advice and checking out Virtus, letroone or DIM.

I wouldn't take anything but as a kid I had gyno and got it removed but don't want to do that again.
I wouldnt expect much from DIM standalone. From what i understand, it helps your body metabolize estrogen, essentially opting for friendlier forms of it but it wont do much at all to actually lower overall estrogen.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If it is an old-fashioned once a week or once every 2 weeks protocol then i can see that happening. With large 200mg injections. Hell, a 200mg injection is a cycle injection to me.

At 50mg 2x per week no, i dont think estradiol can spike to 80 (pg/ml). Not unless you are at 1500 t level.

I was at 110 pg/ml on 500 test a week no AI.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was 22 last time, but i've had spikes before when I first started TRT. It's been as high as 37 (over the last two years). I have bloods taken every 3 months, doc orders. I've been taking injections subcutaneous the last month or so and split up injections and haven't taken bloods since so I don't know where i'm at.
37 isn’t even out of range is it?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
37 isn’t even out of range is it?
No, if it is pg/ml. My lab's range goes up to 42. I would say that is fine if test levels are 800-1000.

Besides, high end estro is good if you dont have gyno issues. More igf 1 production and lipid protection.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote

so how much would you use? I do /60mg injections twice a week. I'm thinking about .25% a pill (100mg each) so 25mg,) each injection. thoughts?

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If it is an old-fashioned once a week or once every 2 weeks protocol then i can see that happening. With large 200mg injections. Hell, a 200mg injection is a cycle injection to me.

At 50mg 2x per week no, i dont think estradiol can spike to 80 (pg/ml). Not unless you are at 1500 t level.

I was at 110 pg/ml on 500 test a week no AI.
yeah, when I dropped down to current dose, it's never been pass 37.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
so how much would you use? I do /60mg injections twice a week. I'm thinking about .25% a pill (100mg each) so 25mg,) each injection. thoughts?
You're taking 60mg of testosterone? That's not going to have any problematic issues where you would need an anti-estrogen. I honestly question why you would lose so low of a dose? You need around 200mg weekly to see TRT benefits.

SERMS like Clomid are needed only when you are experiencing negative estrogenic side effects like gyno (puffy/itchy nipples) or extreme bloat where you get "moon face". Estrogen on it's own is highly beneficial for bodybuilding, increasing GH, working with glucose metabolism and increasing creatine (if my memory serves me correct on that last one).

But, if you want to read more about it, I recommend this article:

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're taking 60mg of testosterone? That's not going to have any problematic issues where you would need an anti-estrogen. I honestly question why you would lose so low of a dose? You need around 200mg weekly to see TRT benefits.

SERMS like Clomid are needed only when you are experiencing negative estrogenic side effects like gyno (puffy/itchy nipples) or extreme bloat where you get "moon face". Estrogen on it's own is highly beneficial for bodybuilding, increasing GH, working with glucose metabolism and increasing creatine (if my memory serves me correct on that last one).

But, if you want to read more about it, I recommend this article:

He’s taking 60mg twice a week. So 120mg weekly. You absolutely don’t need 200mg a week to see the benefits of TRT, that’s a high TRT dose. I take 150mg weekly and it puts my total t in the mid 800s and my free was actually high but I can’t recall the number. He’s taking a lower TRT dose but it may be more than enough for his levels to be where they need to be

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
He’s taking 60mg twice a week. So 120mg weekly. You absolutely don’t need 200mg a week to see the benefits of TRT, that’s a high TRT dose. I take 150mg weekly and it puts my total t in the mid 800s and my free was actually high but I can’t recall the number. He’s taking a lower TRT dose but it may be more than enough for his levels to be where they need to be
Ah, I misread. Yeah, you can get by with that dose, but obviously they higher the exogenous testosterone you're taking in, the more beneficial it's going to be as a PED for bbing purposes.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Nolva is used to treat gyno, that i know, just google it. Now Clomid its not.

If u are worried about estrogen best would be an AI followed by Nolva.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just as an fyi you know you can find arimidez ( anast) at most research sites pretty easy right? I always say better to have extra on h and and not need it than need it and not have it, bye the way anyone have good reccomendation for caber cheap let me know

That low of dose you normally would really not need it unless you are very sensitive. Thing is if gyms were open i have no doubt that you could "find it" hell if you were local i might know someone who does not use all the get on trt. Good luck

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just as an fyi you know you can find arimidez ( anast) at most research sites pretty easy right? I always say better to have extra on h and and not need it than need it and not have it, bye the way anyone have good reccomendation for caber cheap let me know

That low of dose you normally would really not need it unless you are very sensitive. Thing is if gyms were open i have no doubt that you could "find it" hell if you were local i might know someone who does not use all the get on trt. Good luck

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yea not everybody reacts the same, go with what u know to be true. Granted im on 300mg T cyp but at my first bloods review, my E2 was 146. Even after another 5mo on 1mg of arimidex, i was still at 59. Im now on 2mg/week and we will see where that puts me in my next bloods but it feels better, less bloating, fat is burning much faster now.

I've heard some people say even at 300mg i shouldn't need 2mg. Everybody reacts differently.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea not everybody reacts the same, go with what u know to be true. Granted im on 300mg T cyp but at my first bloods review, my E2 was 146. Even after another 5mo on 1mg of arimidex, i was still at 59. Im now on 2mg/week and we will see where that puts me in my next bloods but it feels better, less bloating, fat is burning much faster now.

I've heard some people say even at 300mg i shouldn't need 2mg. Everybody reacts differently.
Holly cow on the first one. Now the 59 is not bad correct?

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Holly cow on the first one. Now the 59 is not bad correct?
Oh yea much better relatively lol. I remember my first month i felt great, lost about 5lbs and felt energized but then it faded. Must have been after the E2 started piling up. Once i got the AI things improved a bit but still had a little too much water i could tell. I know what bloating feels like as i used MK677 in the past and it's freaking terrible with that.

Now at 2mg arimidex im in the sweet spot i think. No issues suggesting E2 is too low, no bloating ect. Im guessing im right in range now.