Trt and dhea question

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Low test levels and went on trt. It has done well for me but my dhea after 5 months is 46 and low. What dhea supplement is pure and good? Also what dose would recommend ? Thanks

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dermacrine, look it up.
This. It’s a blend of ingredients centered around dhea. Topical dhea has always worked better than oral for me. Here is a link if you want to read up

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Yeah taking some **** now that gives me a headache. Not sure why but feel worse when I take this 25mg dhea

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
DHEA has always been a problem for me. My levels are bottomed out too, but even sublingual kills my morning wood and eventually gives me horrible brain fog. The last time I was on androgel my wife started getting side effects even though I showered twice a day and was very careful. Not sure what else to do. Taking 7-keto DHEA now to at least get some benefit, but obviously missing a larger component.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
DHEA has always been a problem for me. My levels are bottomed out too, but even sublingual kills my morning wood and eventually gives me horrible brain fog. The last time I was on androgel my wife started getting side effects even though I showered twice a day and was very careful. Not sure what else to do. Taking 7-keto DHEA now to at least get some benefit, but obviously missing a larger component.
dhea and pregnenolone are very compatible, I highly suggest you add some preg next time you use dhea.

lots of data on the use of dhea/prenenolone together.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much DHEA were you taking per day and were you doing regular labs to check your levels? Did you take pregnenolone with it?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much DHEA were you taking per day and were you doing regular labs to check your levels? Did you take pregnenolone with it?
Did not take pregnenolone with it. 10-15mg daily caused issues. I *think* I’ve tried just 5mg but I’m not sure anymore. I had labs done but another try at 5mg with labs might be best.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did not take pregnenolone with it. 10-15mg daily caused issues. I *think* I’ve tried just 5mg but I’m not sure anymore. I had labs done but another try at 5mg with labs might be best.
Have you tried to take oral DHEA instead of sublingual? Maybe you’re too sensitive sublingual.....worth a shot. Pregnenolone is a must on TRT.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried to take oral DHEA instead of sublingual? Maybe you’re too sensitive sublingual.....worth a shot. Pregnenolone is a must on TRT.
I always use preg with dhea.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oral caused the same issue.

Oral or sublingual preg? I won’t use transdermal.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Preg on blood test for me is .4 when top of blood is .5 so I’m not supplementing pregneolone. Why would I? Dhea has decreased from 175 to 75, however supplanting dhea makes me feel like ****

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Preg on blood test for me is .4 when top of blood is .5 so I’m not supplementing pregneolone. Why would I? Dhea has decreased from 175 to 75, however supplanting dhea makes me feel like ****
My preg levels are super low too so I may try it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest taking a Dutch complete hormone test. I no longer use blood as I find them inaccurate clinically especially due to how the environment and other factors are effecting gene expression how the body is utilizing them at the receptor. Blood is 20% of the equation what about other 80%

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest taking a Dutch complete hormone test. I no longer use blood as I find them inaccurate clinically especially due to how the environment and other factors are effecting gene expression how the body is utilizing them at the receptor. Blood is 20% of the equation what about other 80%

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
25mg x 2 of sublingual dhea raise my dhea-s from 120ish to top of range. i start with transdermal and to say not impressed would be understatement. preg should be oral, as you want 1st pass metabolism for allopreg production. preg should be measured with gas chromatography mass spec - and it expensive... i just do 100mg oral at night and call it good. can start with 50mg if want.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
25mg x 2 of sublingual dhea raise my dhea-s from 120ish to top of range. i start with transdermal and to say not impressed would be understatement. preg should be oral, as you want 1st pass metabolism for allopreg production. preg should be measured with gas chromatography mass spec - and it expensive... i just do 100mg oral at night and call it good. can start with 50mg if want.
iconicformulations.com code JULY40 ….everything including dermacrine,dhea and pregnenolone is 40% off, i suggest you try them...my results are incredibly better with transdermal rather than oral.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
iconicformulations.com code JULY40 ….everything including dermacrine,dhea and pregnenolone is 40% off, i suggest you try them...my results are incredibly better with transdermal rather than oral.
i'm sure, lol, you not be getting compensated otherwise. how do better than 120 to 370 for $8/50 days? my friend, you try way too hard. transdermal make absolutely zero sense for orally/sublingually bio-available things - need more (increase cost) to do same...or less.

here one study: http://www.biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/49/49_685.pdf

for dhea-s, conversion to labcorb results, they start at 94 ug/dl and get to 120 ug/dl... oh boy, what an improvment, lol (top range is 375ug/dl for 45-54 year old) notice "NS" (not significant) for all other - not do anything,transdermal suck. there another study out there that show same dismal result, but can not find atm.

and for pregnenolone, one also desire oral (liver metabolisim), see:

...50 or 100 mg oral pregnenolone has been found to significantly and in fact "strongly" increase urinary levels of the progesterone metabolites pregnanediol and pregnanolone (and/or their conjugates), whereas pregnanetriol was unaffected. Unlike the case of oral administration, transdermal administration of 30 mg/day pregnenolone cream has not been found to affect urinary levels of metabolites of any other steroids, including of progesterone. Intranasal administration of pregnenolone was found to have low bioavailability of around 23%.

Sripada et al. reported that oral pregnenolone is preferentially metabolized into the neurosteroid allopregnanolone rather than into other steroids such as DHEA or cortisol. In further research by their group, a single 400 mg dose of oral pregnenolone at 3 hours post-administration was found to result in a 3-fold elevation in serum levels of pregnenolone and a 7-fold increase in allopregnanolone levels. Pregnanolone levels increased by approximately 60% while DHEA levels decreased non-significantly by approximately 5% and cortisol levels were not affected. Another study found that allopregnanolone levels were increased by 3-fold at 2 hours post-administration following a single 400 mg oral dose of pregnenolone.
people must do research, not listen to reps.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm sure, lol, you not be getting compensated otherwise. how do better than 120 to 370 for $8/50 days? my friend, you try way too hard. transdermal make absolutely zero sense for orally/sublingually bio-available things - need more (increase cost) to do same...or less.

here one study: http://www.biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/49/49_685.pdf

for dhea-s, conversion to labcorb results, they start at 94 ug/dl and get to 120 ug/dl... oh boy, what an improvment, lol (top range is 375ug/dl for 45-54 year old) notice "NS" (not significant) for all other - not do anything,transdermal suck. there another study out there that show same dismal result, but can not find atm.

and for pregnenolone, one also desire oral (liver metabolisim), see:

people must do research, not listen to reps.
I am more than 'just' a rep....I am a user of the products-my compensation IS the products not money....if my results were not much better using these products i would not be wasting my time. you should try them!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Better off why is dhea low?
Common in immune dysfunction, insulin resistance, prolong stress, low grade chronic infection, sulfuration issues with liver
There are multiple other pathways that make up your total dhea. If your dhea s is low and your other pathways are then supplementation may be counter productive. This was my case as my total dhea and cortisol were equal but dhea s was low and did not needed to be supplemented. Test don’t guess. My problem was inflammation lower the dhea-s due to gi mucosa compromise from low SIgA in the gut. By way too much vitamin D over time will lower your pregnenolone level and cause increase food sensitivity..

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better off why is dhea low?
Common in immune dysfunction, insulin resistance, prolong stress, low grade chronic infection, sulfuration issues with liver
There are multiple other pathways that make up your total dhea. If your dhea s is low and your other pathways are then supplementation may be counter productive. This was my case as my total dhea and cortisol were equal but dhea s was low and did not needed to be supplemented. Test don’t guess. My problem was inflammation lower the dhea-s due to gi mucosa compromise from low SIgA in the gut. By way too much vitamin D over time will lower your pregnenolone level and cause increase food sensitivity..
People with low dhea could have primary hypogonadism or a vericocele