trt and blood thickening and tip 4 u

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
well for over a year or so i couldnt get my hematocrit below mid 17's and normally tested in the high 17's to low 18's and that was with giving 1 pint whole blood every 2 months.

at the rec of someone i was told to give a double red blood cell donation. that you can only every 4 months. well went to give blood last week, 4 months since giving the double rbc and crit came in at 16.1. outstanding results. so for anyone out there giving blood for same reason try the double

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My hematocrit's around 40 or so (this is the high end of the range on my tests, I'm only slightly over), I should probably do this soon...been meaning to give blood. Can this be done at any blood donation center?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
My hematocrit's around 40 or so (this is the high end of the range on my tests, I'm only slightly over), I should probably do this soon...been meaning to give blood. Can this be done at any blood donation center?
yes any center. i was never over top but right there. id start right away as its really bad for the heart to be high

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
one can always add 81 mgs of baby aspirin in.
Make sure they are properly hydrated before labs by drinking 1 quart of water

Problem I see with this is ferritin levels are going to be dropping dangerously low.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes any center. i was never over top but right there. id start right away as its really bad for the heart to be high
Maybe that's why my resting hear rate's been a little high, in the 90's and over lately. Not going to hesitate anymore on this. I've been taking regular aspirin lately after learning about the HR, and making sure to drink 1-2 gallons of water per day

Matrix, should I be taking an iron supplement after giving blood? Maybe I should just do a regular donation at first?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
if people on thyroid or thyroid conditions undiagnosed may feel lower ferritin more then others.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mine's already a lil low, I'll start taking bioavailable iron again then

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I suggest people take beverly ultra 40 liver tabs since they are natural iron and have other benefits a lot of people are unaware of.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have argentinian beef dessicated liver tabs, but don't always remember to take them. I use methyl-folate, would that be too much folate in my diet if I used both?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I am Hypopituitary and need to treat all my hormones one big probem I have had being on TRT is holding water I later learned it was my Adrenals not getting the message to work right so I dump my sodium and my CBC for thicker blood has all ways been high just a little above the top of the range. I later found out I have Low Aldosterone and need .1 mgs. of florinef to help my body hold on to my sodium so I am all ways Dehydrated and this is why my blood tests high for Hemoglobin and Hematocrit Dr. says don't worry about it. It's been like this over 30 yrs.

I am also very low on Ferritin and need Iron pills every day if you bood is thick and you give blood all the time your going to end up with low Ferritin and Iron levels. If your on Gels or Creams try shots but don't do big ones if you need more for higher levels do a shot every 3 days I do 80 mgs every 3 days to keep my levels in the 900's. And every thing I am doing is being looked at by my Heart Dr.'s I had Heart Bypass Sugery just 2.5 yrs ago.

So if your blood it too thick and your doing your TRT right on shots smaller ones more offten have your Aldosterone levels checked out. Most men on TRT have AI Adrenal problems need HC meds and have low Aldosterone levels. Just don't know it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I suspected all that. I feel like I am holding tooooo much water. The only way I am able to dump water is by doing a low carb / CKD diet. I am switching my diet to Paleo, I think this will help a lot with many things. Lower carbs, bust still present (not keto), no gluten, no dairy, no allergens at all really.

I do shots every 2 days, 50mg, with an hcg shot inbetween of about 200iu. I am switching to test-cyp and going to start e3d, with a 300iu shot of hcg just before. I'm also going to try upping the aromasin to 12.5mg everyday. What's strange is when my E2 is high, I get acne. I feel I need to lower my E2 again right now, having some breakouts. When I keep my E2 fairly low, my skin clears up... kind of strange.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I feel we need to do what works to keep E2 in check when mine gets to high everything get goofed up. I gauge my E2 levels by my Rem Sleep wood as long as I have them I know I am not go high. Going to low it just kills me wood dead so it's easy to tell when I am to low.
Thanks! I suspected all that. I feel like I am holding tooooo much water. The only way I am able to dump water is by doing a low carb / CKD diet. I am switching my diet to Paleo, I think this will help a lot with many things. Lower carbs, bust still present (not keto), no gluten, no dairy, no allergens at all really.

I do shots every 2 days, 50mg, with an hcg shot inbetween of about 200iu. I am switching to test-cyp and going to start e3d, with a 300iu shot of hcg just before. I'm also going to try upping the aromasin to 12.5mg everyday. What's strange is when my E2 is high, I get acne. I feel I need to lower my E2 again right now, having some breakouts. When I keep my E2 fairly low, my skin clears up... kind of strange.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
A question was brought up elsewhere about this so I'll just toss it out there:

What about the recipients of your testosterone laced blood donation? What if it was a little baby or a pregnant woman? What effect would it have or what dangers could it pose?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Think about it, we're on TRT, which is a replacement dose of test. This means test in the normal ranges.

Our blood is not 'testosterone laced', we're not on 1 gram of test or anything crazy. I would never imagine anyone wanting to give blood 'on cycle'. But even still, it's just a drop in the bucket so to speak

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
What about the recipients of your testosterone laced blood donation? What if it was a little baby or a pregnant woman? What effect would it have or what dangers could it pose?
If you are a male my testosterone laced blood is no more concentrated than your testosterone laced blood. It's hormone replacement. Totally normal levels just like yours.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
A question was brought up elsewhere about this so I'll just toss it out there:

they dont ask what you took or what dosages. they only whether steroid use was dr prescribed or not

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I dont care what you call it, supplemented, fortified, added, youre putting in something, thats the point. I guess maybe ambulldog was the only one who might have hit the nail on the head, since I could only find references to steroid injections in the HIV sections where ever I looked:*... You have ever used a needle, even once, to take drugs or steroids that were not prescribed.. Blood Donation Eligibility Guidelines

just fyi there are many situations and "drugs" that: "are of special significance in blood donation. Persons on these drugs have waiting periods following their last dose before they can donate blood:

– Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis or Sotret (isoretinoin), Proscar (finasteride), and Propecia (finasteride) - wait 1 month from the last dose.
– Avodart (dutasteride) - wait 6 months from the last dose.
– Aspirin, no waiting period for donating whole blood. However you must wait 48 hours after taking aspirin or any medication containing aspirin before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Feldene (piroxicam), no waiting period for donating whole blood. However you must wait 48 hours after taking Feldene (piroxicam) before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Clopidogrel - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Coumadin (warfarin) , heparin or other prescription blood thinners- you should not donate since your blood will not clot normally. If your doctor discontinues your treatment with blood thinners, wait 7 days before returning to donate.
– Hepatitis B Immune Globulin – given for exposure to hepatitis, wait 12 months after exposure to hepatitis.
– Human pituitary-derived growth hormone at any time - you are not eligible to donate blood.
– Plavix - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Soriatane (acitretin) - wait 3 years.
– Tegison (etretinate) at any time - you are not eligible to donate blood.
– Ticlid - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Ticlopidine - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis. "

Wait 4 weeks after immunizations for German Measles (Rubella), MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) and Chicken Pox (Varivax).
Wait 2 weeks after immunizations for Red Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Polio with the oral (mouth) preparation, Small Pox and Yellow Fever vaccine.
Wait 7 days after immunization for Hepatitis B.

Wait 3 years from the last dose of Soriatane (acitretin).
Wait 4 weeks after taking Accutane (isoretinoin) Proscar (finasteride),Propecia (finasteride), methotrexate
Persons who have ever taken Tegison (etretinate) are not eligible to donate blood.
Wait 3 months after taking Arava (leflunomide).
Wait 5 days after taking coumadin.
Wait 36 hours after taking aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel) or Ticlid (ticlopidine)if you are going to donate plateletpheresis.
Wait 12 months after being treated for syphilis, gonorrhea or other venereal diseases. Wait 12 months after a tattoo.

And I just cant see how added testosterone can be so easily dismissed, regardless of the fact that its medically needed and prescribed, its still something added, until I see it in writing, I will still question it.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
I dont care what you call it, supplemented, fortified, added, youre putting in something, thats the point. I guess maybe ambulldog was the only one who might have hit the nail on the head, since I could only find references to steroid injections in the HIV sections where ever I looked:*... You have ever used a needle, even once, to take drugs or steroids that were not prescribed.. Blood Donation Eligibility Guidelines

just fyi there are many situations and "drugs" that: "are of special significance in blood donation. Persons on these drugs have waiting periods following their last dose before they can donate blood:

– Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis or Sotret (isoretinoin), Proscar (finasteride), and Propecia (finasteride) - wait 1 month from the last dose.
– Avodart (dutasteride) - wait 6 months from the last dose.
– Aspirin, no waiting period for donating whole blood. However you must wait 48 hours after taking aspirin or any medication containing aspirin before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Feldene (piroxicam), no waiting period for donating whole blood. However you must wait 48 hours after taking Feldene (piroxicam) before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Clopidogrel - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Coumadin (warfarin) , heparin or other prescription blood thinners- you should not donate since your blood will not clot normally. If your doctor discontinues your treatment with blood thinners, wait 7 days before returning to donate.
– Hepatitis B Immune Globulin – given for exposure to hepatitis, wait 12 months after exposure to hepatitis.
– Human pituitary-derived growth hormone at any time - you are not eligible to donate blood.
– Plavix - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Soriatane (acitretin) - wait 3 years.
– Tegison (etretinate) at any time - you are not eligible to donate blood.
– Ticlid - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis.
– Ticlopidine - wait 14 days after taking this medication before donating platelets by apheresis. "

Wait 4 weeks after immunizations for German Measles (Rubella), MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) and Chicken Pox (Varivax).
Wait 2 weeks after immunizations for Red Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Polio with the oral (mouth) preparation, Small Pox and Yellow Fever vaccine.
Wait 7 days after immunization for Hepatitis B.

Wait 3 years from the last dose of Soriatane (acitretin).
Wait 4 weeks after taking Accutane (isoretinoin) Proscar (finasteride),Propecia (finasteride), methotrexate
Persons who have ever taken Tegison (etretinate) are not eligible to donate blood.
Wait 3 months after taking Arava (leflunomide).
Wait 5 days after taking coumadin.
Wait 36 hours after taking aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel) or Ticlid (ticlopidine)if you are going to donate plateletpheresis.
Wait 12 months after being treated for syphilis, gonorrhea or other venereal diseases. Wait 12 months after a tattoo.

And I just cant see how added testosterone can be so easily dismissed, regardless of the fact that its medically needed and prescribed, its still something added, until I see it in writing, I will still question it.
i see ur point. but in reality if someone like myself is truly using trt doses and you taake a pint of my blood and add it to a person the dilution factor would probably for the most part make the test present in the new body pretty miniscule. im guess of course as it makes sense.

now someone on trt and blasting other stuff along with higher doses of test really should not give blood for the purpose of it being used for others. in those instances he should get a scriipt from the dr to get the blood drawn but not used. that would be morally correct

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
What I wanna know is.....when a ridiculously huge dude in a tank top all ripped up and jacked walks in to give blood, what exactly is going through their minds? And can they turn someone away based on suspicion?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
i see ur point. but in reality if someone like myself is truly using trt doses and you taake a pint of my blood and add it to a person the dilution factor would probably for the most part make the test present in the new body pretty miniscule. im guess of course as it makes sense.

now someone on trt and blasting other stuff along with higher doses of test really should not give blood for the purpose of it being used for others. in those instances he should get a scriipt from the dr to get the blood drawn but not used. that would be morally correct
Theres another point you make, how little volume of actual test would/could get transferred via 1 pint, plus theres different donation types, whole blood, plasma, platelets, Im not even sure about all that stuff, which would be more or less safe, like I said, the question wasnt mine, persay, and not meant to insult, but it caused me to ponder the possible worst case scenarios, and as I said, Ive found no printed answer after some in depth research.

JayV

Banned
Awards
What if I get blood that has been donated by a lady on estrogen replacement therapy, will I grow a nice rack and a vagina?
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clearing that up, it all makes sense now that you put it like that, how silly of me.

j2048b

Awards
alrighty, so if i am about to start hrt, and my cholesterol is high and my hematocrit is at an astounding 50.6 is this all a bad thing?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol is a problem when using arimidex.. it will make your lipid values worse. If you need an AI, aromasin is the choise. It will not negatively effect your lipids.

Get that hematocrit down. See a hematologist, give blood or go for a draining. Easy solution to that problem.

j2048b

Awards
Cholesterol is a problem when using arimidex.. it will make your lipid values worse. If you need an AI, aromasin is the choise. It will not negatively effect your lipids.

Get that hematocrit down. See a hematologist, give blood or go for a draining. Easy solution to that problem.
now is there something that may have been outa whack when i had my blood drawn to show a high hematocrit? or is it basically my blood being thick due to what exactly?
aromasin it maybe then! thanks

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not sure, see a hematologist! Seriously! Don't let that slide..

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
alrighty, so if i am about to start hrt, and my cholesterol is high and my hematocrit is at an astounding 50.6 is this all a bad thing?
Most men who need TRT have elevated cholesterol. For many, adding TRT lowers the elevated cholesterol.

j2048b

Awards
Most men who need TRT have elevated cholesterol. For many, adding TRT lowers the elevated cholesterol.
noted and also know to an extent, buti was not sure how the two trully inter related?

thanks

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't seem to undertand the relationship myself. I know some people who are low on cholesterol may have low T as well, but this is due to cholesterol being needed as a building block for hormones.

Before I started TRT my cholesterol was too low. Now it's in a great range. Although when I was on arimidex, my HDL was in the tank and LDL too high.

j2048b

Awards
I don't seem to undertand the relationship myself. I know some people who are low on cholesterol may have low T as well, but this is due to cholesterol being needed as a building block for hormones.

Before I started TRT my cholesterol was too low. Now it's in a great range. Although when I was on arimidex, my HDL was in the tank and LDL too high.
see i was told even on arimidex the diet can help in the whole scheme of things as far as the cho goes? is that wrong? i dont want to have high cho, and then get my arimidex, and then have it go from being high to astronomical numbers that can lead to heart/health issues?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well how is your diet? You can read up online on how to lower LDL and raise HDL. Eat a lot of olive oil, niacin can help. But diet can totally be tweaked.
Don't take statins imo.

If your doc won't prescribe aromasin, you can take his arimidex prescription and then just source your own aromasin if you're that concerned. We can help you here with dosing, etc. It's a fairly easy one to use, especially since it's a suicide inhibitor. I get more fluctuations on arimidex I find.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To clarify for you:

Exemestane (Aromasin) is an irreversible, steroidal aromatase inactivator, structurally related to the natural substrate androstenedione. It acts as a false substrate for the aromatase enzyme, and is processed to an intermediate that binds irreversibly to the active site of the enzyme causing its inactivation, an effect also known as "suicide inhibition." In other words, Exemestane, by being structurally similar to the target of the enzymes, permanently binds to those enzymes, thereby preventing them from ever completing their task of converting androgens into estrogens.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
After yrs of using Arimidex I wish I would have tried Aromasin on Arimidex the E2 rebound effect had me on a roller coaster ride for yrs. I got to the point I could take a 1 mg. pill of Arimidex in the morning and see my E2 levels rebound by bedtime. On Aromasin I don't have this problem I only need to take 25 mgs every 3 days to keep my E2 levels in the sweet spot. I started out cutting the small pill in half but I find doing the full pill works better.
Very good post Gutterpump Thanks
To clarify for you:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No problem. Thank goodness for generic aromasin! Otherwise it can get reeeal expensive, real fast.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
My Drug care plain is not covering the cost of it anymore yet they will cover Arimidex. I have my Dr. sending them a letter telling them why I need it they said they will not cover the med because it's a breast cancer drug for women. My Dr. sent in appeal then keep saying they never recived it. So it's looking like I will need to pay for this what do you pay for a 30 pills. My Drug Care plain is from Medco through work I have to go through this crap for HCG, GH and Testosterone shots.
No problem. Thank goodness for generic aromasin! Otherwise it can get reeeal expensive, real fast.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to check, but I get the generic from India and it's not too much. My Dr doesn't prescribe aromasin.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I have guys at my forum posting that buying for ADC they used there charge card number some one that works three is doing this I have see a few posts about this. And I have been telling men to get there HCG there for yrs. I never used them my drugs are covered until lately.
I have to check, but I get the generic from India and it's not too much. My Dr doesn't prescribe aromasin.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ADC is great. I get my order within 2 weeks, and reshipping is never an issue.

j2048b

Awards
cool, not expensive is my way to go! cant wait to get some because i dont want the roller coaster ride, thats why im going on hrt, to balance this crap out, not try to and then have to worry about arimidex taking me for a ride, along with test bouncing all over, no thanks! haha

Onenut

Awards
I read on another board that red grapefruit will lower hematocrit levels. But I hate grapefruit, so I buy a Naringin supplement from Swanson. I've only been taking it for about 2 months, so I cant say for sure that it works. But my blood test 2 weeks ago shows hematocrit at 47.7. Its been over 50 in my last few tests, so this looks promising.
I also do double-red blood donations every 4 months.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
It's looking like I need to buy Aromasin the generic Exemestane from ADC I seen my Dr. yesterday I can't get Medco to answer his app. letter they keep telling me at Medco they did not get it. Just one more way of getting out of paying for meds yet they will pay for Arimidex. At ADC they have two kinds of Exemestane one is about $5 / pill the other is about $1 / pill. My Dr. has no problem with me ordering it from ADC dose anyone use this Exemestane from ADC and is it working good. I need to take 25 mgs every 2 to 3 days. I just seen my labs from taking it every 3 days and my E2 was high 37 yet I felt fine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use ADC generic aromasin. Full dose eod for me. I've also switched back to hcg monotherapy for a bit though, 500iu eod or e3d, so my E2 was high.

j2048b

Awards
I use ADC generic aromasin. Full dose eod for me. I've also switched back to hcg monotherapy for a bit though, 500iu eod or e3d, so my E2 was high.
hey gp, did you also get your hcg from adc?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Ok do you get this one from ADC Manufacture: Natco name of med Xtane 25 mgs cost 30 pills for $35 that is what I need to know and is if so is it working.

The other brand they carry is Manfacture: Pfizer Exemestane 25 mgs 15 pills cost $138.20 this is about the same price as Medco about $9 / pill. I know this one will work it's the other one I would like to know if your using it and your happy with it I will order 90 pills.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey gp, did you also get your hcg from adc?
Sometimes. I mainly get from my clinic here but they charge too much and I was paying out of pocket for them. I need a new Dr. Once I save up some cash I'll be visiting Dr O and matrix

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok do you get this one from ADC Manufacture: Natco name of med Xtane 25 mgs cost 30 pills for $35 that is what I need to know and is if so is it working.

The other brand they carry is Manfacture: Pfizer Exemestane 25 mgs 15 pills cost $138.20 this is about the same price as Medco about $9 / pill. I know this one will work it's the other one I would like to know if your using it and your happy with it I will order 90 pills.
Yes the generic works. Definitely. Someone else from here that I know also uses it. It's what I use (the $35 bottle). Sometimes I use liquid, but I don't trust RC's completely.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Thank you great help my Dr. says the research liquid is OK but it dose not keep very long.
Yes the generic works. Definitely. Someone else from here that I know also uses it. It's what I use (the $35 bottle). Sometimes I use liquid, but I don't trust RC's completely.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thank you great help my Dr. says the research liquid is OK but it dose not keep very long.
He doesn't mind you using the research liquid? Wow you have an open minded doc :)

Mine freaked out when I said I use a cortisol supplement, and he refuses to treat me for Adrenal Insufficiency

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
He feels it is a dam same the cost of durgs in the USA I was on 5 mgs of Cialis for my Heart it was approved by Medco until the firs of this yr. now they will not pay for it even when I take it for my heart. But he did say try the ADC pills first.
He doesn't mind you using the research liquid? Wow you have an open minded doc :)

Mine freaked out when I said I use a cortisol supplement, and he refuses to treat me for Adrenal Insufficiency