Trt and Anabolism

Hcc5881

Awards
Hey gents! I am 35 years old and I have done many cycles. My doctor has recently put me on TRT. I am currently all natural at the moment but my test levels are low. I told him I want to stay between the 900 to 1200 range of total testosterone. He said that was just fine and started me out at 160 mg per week. He said in three months we will do blood's and adjust from there.

My question is, will 900 to 1200 be a range that I can get enough anabolic effects to have a decent build?

Let's just assume my diet is good but not great. My training is on point.

I know this question is a little broad and generalized but I left it that way on purpose.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
That's a loaded question we can just come up with an answer based on the range of test. There is more to your bodys aesthetics than just androgens. Insulin can play a factor in how your appearance is. Also what type of frame do you have are you and ecto, endo, or mesomorph?

That being said..higher test to cortisol ratios Can make a positive difference on your appearance as well. So there is that. And the possibility is there. No one can guarantee you that you will see a visual difference.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if I seemed harsh at all. I'm not always good at wording things.

wrugg08

Awards
Hey gents! I am 35 years old and I have done many cycles. My doctor has recently put me on TRT. I am currently all natural at the moment but my test levels are low. I told him I want to stay between the 900 to 1200 range of total testosterone. He said that was just fine and started me out at 160 mg per week. He said in three months we will do blood's and adjust from there.

My question is, will 900 to 1200 be a range that I can get enough anabolic effects to have a decent build?

Let's just assume my diet is good but not great. My training is on point.

I know this question is a little broad and generalized but I left it that way on purpose.
Im 35 on TRT as well and have extremely high total, free and bioavailable T but it doesnt matter if your diet is not on point.

Hcc5881

Awards
No harshness taken. Believe it or not, I'm not new to this game. Just never done trt. Only cycles.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
That being said..higher test to cortisol ratios Can make a positive difference on your appearance as well. So there is that. And the possibility is there. No one can guarantee you that you will see a visual difference.
What do you measure cortisol to determine a Test to Cortisol ratio?

24 diurnal saliva or serum cortisol?

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
What do you measure cortisol to determine a Test to Cortisol ratio?

24 diurnal saliva or serum cortisol?
I have only used serum. I do believe saliva gives a slightly different read. I would love to compare the two.