TRT and alcohol

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Looking to draw on the wealth of experience from you guys as personally I know no one on TRT. Just very recently started TRT (daily test cyp and HCG sub q), I’m mid forties, 15% body fat (think this might be relevant). I know it’s not optimal for training or health in general, but fact is 2-3 days a week I may have 3-4 beers, once a week sometimes it might be bit more of sesh, not every week. Question is, what’s anyone’s experience on how this affects E levels / T levels? Does it make you feel bad (worse than if you weren’t on TRT)?
In short, is it a REALLY bad idea?

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Generally alcohol is thought to increase aromatase. I would cut all drinking out if I were to cycle in something hepatoxic or dehydrating, but I would not be too worried otherwise as long as it is moderate. Have you heard of Marijuana? I hear it is fantastic.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I LOVE beer. Got into home brewing years ago. I found a non alcoholic beer that actually tastes like real beer without that sweet malty or tin aftertaste.
Look into athletic brewing company. Their ipa is FANTASTIC
I now have cut out all alcohol and have a few of these instead. Really good and satisfying that taste you enjoy from a mildly bitter ipa

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're totally fine man think of it as if you have your hormones in a good place, have a good doctor and you're having your bloods checked regularly and in good shape. You're drinking here and there. You carry the same risk as anybody else not on trt in my opinion you may even better process the alcohol.

In my opinion just monitor the alcohol use and be careful of potential abuse problems.

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks all for the swift responses. I guess it was the potential for increased aromatase that was concerning me. And thanks, but weeds not an option for me these days. I’ll see how it goes, and reduce if I need to. The weather here currently is making a cold beer all the more attractive and I’m holiday next week with friends and booze will be unavoidable. I have bloods a couple of days after I get back so time will tell! Thanks again

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You good bro

I’ve been on TRT for 3 years and I drink about every 1 or 2 weeks and blood work is always good, no problems over here

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are fine, but there is without question, an increase in e2. Keep it under control and don't worry too much about it. The only thing I noticed with myself and it's pretty common with those I know on TRT, is that is can trick you into thinking you can drink more and be fine because we aren't dealing with the daily fluctuations and hangovers seem to happen less often. I went through a period where we would tear it up and I would be completely fine while everyone else moped around for 2 days after.