TRT after done with first PH cycle?

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was recently diagnosed with low T by my general DR. He recommends TRT but my insurance is making it quite difficult to do legit. So I plan to do injections myself with my DR doing the labs. So kinda official TRT kinda not.

I just started an 8 week 3-AD cycle. My thought was to skip PCT and go right into 100mg weekly test cyp. I will get bloods done as soon as the PH cycle is done.

Curious how this logic sounds to more experienced guys. Thx

lvft1213

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well if you truly need trt and are fine with it being for life I’d say just start the trt maybe even during the andro cycle if your test is already low? It’s going to suppress you anyways (the andro)

But I don’t recommend trt not through a doctor only because source quality is always changing but if it were me (I make stupid decisions) I’d rather rely on iffy source quality than live with already low t levels

The only reason I do this stuff these days is because I got put on trt. If I were you I’d start the trt as soon as possible if you’re truly going to go through with it. Others may disagree

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well if you truly need trt and are fine with it being for life I’d say just start the trt maybe even during the andro cycle if your test is already low? It’s going to suppress you anyways (the andro)

But I don’t recommend trt not through a doctor only because source quality is always changing but if it were me (I make stupid decisions) I’d rather rely on iffy source quality than live with already low t levels

The only reason I do this stuff these days is because I got put on trt. If I were you I’d start the trt as soon as possible if you’re truly going to go through with it. Others may disagree
Yea I need it my t is at 224. My other thought was an online clinic but I have a feeling the monthly cost will be more than I'd like. So ugl test and blood work by my doctor was what I was considering.

If insurance approved my injections I'd be on test now so I've pretty much made the choice to jump on.

I agree there is a risk with ugl.

lvft1213

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yea I need it my t is at 224. My other thought was an online clinic but I have a feeling the monthly cost will be more than I'd like. So ugl test and blood work by my doctor was what I was considering.

If insurance approved my injections I'd be on test now so I've pretty much made the choice to jump on.

I agree there is a risk with ugl.
I’d do it if I were u just my opinion

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nah ugl. My insurance didn’t cover test tho and it’s 90 for a 6 month supply maybe check GoodRx
Yea that's my thinking too. Avg cost is $200/month online. I can't afford that. So ugl and my gen Dr is the plan.

lvft1213

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yea that's my thinking too. Avg cost is $200/month online. I can't afford that. So ugl and my gen Dr is the plan.
Well first see if the doc will prescribe it and then see how much it is at the pharmacy with goodrx app

If bad then ugl

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

agree with this. You do really want medical grade if your going on for life though bro. It’s a long time to be sticking yourself with contaminated gear (no ugl will manufacture to the same standard as pharma)

I get the challenges but I’d be exploring every possible avenue

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I plan to do injections myself with my DR doing the labs. So kinda official TRT kinda not.
I assume your doctor is unaware you plan on injecting black market test while he does the bloods? Doesn’t he wonder if he is not writing a script for you where it is coming from or does he know and he is ok with it?

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I assume your doctor is unaware you plan on injecting black market test while he does the bloods? Doesn’t he wonder if he is not writing a script for you where it is coming from or does he know and he is ok with it?
He just said he had no issue taking and looking at blood work. He had already wrote a script but insurance was a bitch and wanted more testing. Totally didn't think to ask for generic test cyp. I should be good now with pharm grade and a Dr assisted trt.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He just said he had no issue taking and looking at blood work. He had already wrote a script but insurance was a bitch and wanted more testing. Totally didn't think to ask for generic test cyp. I should be good now with pharm grade and a Dr assisted trt.
Sounds like a good plan to go the prescribed route.