TRT advice needed

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
[HR][/HR] Actually maybe I just need a new Doctor ...

Background info:

39 years old with several pro-hormone cycles under my belt and a couple of 12 week test cycles 1-2 years ago. Was a complete fatass until about 4+ years ago and got down to 12% with diet and lots of exercise (plus a few of the hormonal cycles). Haven't been feeling myself lately even though I was doing pretty good for a while post PCT. Hurt my back and the workouts faded for a while, put on weight and felt like ****. Been working to get back into shape and have been steadily going to the gym mixed with low carb to hopefully lean up some.

Doc background:

Went to an endo for testing and my test level came back at 380, but my free test was below average range (don't have the paperwork with me). At the appt where the Dr gave me my blood test results he took more blood for further tests and went ahead and gave me 250mg of Test cyp to see if I felt a difference. Of course I did. On follow up visit a month later, Dr. said second test came back as 500 and the free test was in range. blood was taken pre-testosterone injection and when he gave me the results he said I was normal and didn't need any further injects. I re-explained the symptoms I was having and let him know that the testosterone injection helped so he reluctantly gave me another injection and scheduled me for monthly injects in his office and a 3 month follow-up.

I was hoping to reduce some costs (my screw-up looking back) and called to see if they would just prescribe for self injects. I got a call back saying I was normal and don't need to come back. I am pretty frustrated because even with the one shot a month for the last 2 months I was feeling some improvements in both the gym and everyday life.

Do I accept that I am "normal" based on the second test or find another doc more liberal? I might look into a compounding pharmacy to see what they have to say, but now I have been on 250mg of test at 1 shot/month for the last 2 months almost and don't know what direction to go.

Sorry for the long post.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
took me 4 docs to hear what I wanted. And I'm still not 100% satisfied

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
took me 4 docs to hear what I wanted. And I'm still not 100% satisfied
Agreed. If your not satisfied keep looking until you find a doc willing to listen to you. If you feel like test injects are helping then go the trt route. Once a month injects are far too infrequent even at 250mg dose. You need to find doc willing to let you self inject or inject you weekly to keep your levels stable.

Did you PCT correctly after all your cycles? Your HPTA could have never fully recovered. Did you get any bloods after your cycles?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
In May 2012 a while after my last cycle test was at 623, LH at 4.7 and FSH was at 2.6 with Estradiol at 21.9. I have not taken anything since that time.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
FYI, during my test on 1/29/13, my Test serum was 388, free test was only 6.1 when average was 8.7-25.1 and my prolactin levels were at 16.2 when the range is 4-15.2. Not sure if any of that helps. I am going to do a labcorp test next week since it will be 4 weeks from my last shot. Wonder how my natural test levels will be after 250mg shots once per month for the last 2.

Do you think that would have shut me down enough to help test low?

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
FYI, during my test on 1/29/13, my Test serum was 388, free test was only 6.1 when average was 8.7-25.1 and my prolactin levels were at 16.2 when the range is 4-15.2. Not sure if any of that helps. I am going to do a labcorp test next week since it will be 4 weeks from my last shot. Wonder how my natural test levels will be after 250mg shots once per month for the last 2.

Do you think that would have shut me down enough to help test low?
It's hard to say. I'd look into why your prolactin is elevated though. Have it tested when you do your blood draw if you can. Just to compare and results and rule out something like a prolactinoma.