TRT + acne

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems like I always get a breakout within 2-3 days after my shot of HCG.....sooo I am thinking of switching to the following protocol:

Test-e twice per week (120mg total), 2 low dose shots of hcg as well. I think I will have more stable levels this way.

Why would HCG monotherapy be causing such bad bacne as compared to when I was on test? I have tried to give it time, but the bacne is only getting worse the longer I go with this monotherapy. I am only taking 400-500iu e3d - going on steady for 4 months now. This is not a lot!!

Also, I am on doryx (a type of tetracycline) and a couple topicals, and they don't seem to prevent new breakouts..so I will have to go on accutane - not to mention I am not into the catabolic effects of antibiotics. This doesn't sound like a permanent plan to me, or is accutane safe to take indefinitely? If I am always succeptable to hormonal acne, then would anything even touch it?

Why have I never had bad bacne previously, on any other hormone? I have tried 2 long cycles of HDROL (which is very androgenic) and a very long cycle of epistane, as well as using 200mg of test for trt in the past, and NONE of these caused bad bacne or acne....even in PCT...it was never really bad...not until I started HCG monotherapy!! I don't understand it....

BALifter

BALifter

Awards
I see a lot of users of hCG monotherapy get more acne than with normal dose test.

Personally I think hCG monotherapy should only be used if the person is still wanting to possibly be fertile. If you issue is low testosterone, supplement testosterone.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah hcg raises several hormones, which is the problem for me. Increased DHEA causes bad breakouts with me. It always did in the past when I supplemented with it.

HCG will increase DHEA and PREG. This could be the problem, but I've read that test created through hcg use more quickly/easily converts to DHT/estrogen, which could also be a problem.

The only other change recently, has been that I started hydrocortisone supplementation (low dose, 5-10mg daily).

I am wanting to maintain fertility (I have previously had low-normal total test, low to mid-range free test, so I am sure I must still be fertile), but I don't plan on having kids for a few years. Maybe I should just switch to test + low dose hcg until then, or until I have this horrible bacne under control, it's like boils on my lower back now, and I've never had acne there before ever. I am guessing it's due to follicles maturing. I hope back hair doesn't come next! lol