Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@delsolrob sent me a bottle of this to try out...i've had issues with sleep forever it seems-worked 3rd shift for over 20 years.

my experience with oral melatonin is not good, every once in awhile i will try again hpoing for better results but i should know better by now, lol...rob tells me this topical is much better than the oral so tonight will be my 1st application.

i plan on doing a full 1ml an hour before bed.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interested in how you feel it works

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking forward to feedback!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in! Looking forward to seeing how it does for you.

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I am interested, as well. I have had intermittent severe insomnia since my early teens. Oral melatonin has been powerless against it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in on this!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i screwed up timing of dosing...didn't apply the 1ml melatonin until right around 15 minutes before bed. i was hoping the topical melatonin would help with falling asleep but it still took me almost a hour to fall asleep. it did help sleep to be very deep though and woke up with no grogginess. i also slept all the way thru the night with no pee calls.

tonight i will be sure to dose earlier-preferably a hour before bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
on schedule to dose hour before bed tonight...i set my alarm to go off to remind me...i have a tendency to get caught up in things and let time slip by on me---no old guy jokes please :geek:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
on schedule to dose hour before bed tonight...i set my alarm to go off to remind me...i have a tendency to get caught up in things and let time slip by on me---no old guy jokes please :geek:
I would never!

I should mention though that alarms are typically utilized for when you intend to get out of bed.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
man, having Alexa enabled speakers throughout my home has been a game changer - I set all kinds of reminders and alarms audibly...it's become critically important for daily tasks! I just tell Alexa to remind me something at a particular time - etc.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, still took awhile to fall asleep-but....i slept like a rock and overslept...i went to bed at 12 midnight and fell asleep a little before 1am....and then slept until noon.

my wife said she didn't want to wake me because she knows how little sleep i usually get, but she kept checking on me to make sure i was ok.

woke up feeling very refreshed, best sleep i've had since i don't know when-absolutely no grogginess!!!

going to keep experimenting with dosing time--tonight i will try a hour and a half before bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
applied .5ml at 10:30 and another .5ml at 11:00 bedtime is 12 midnight.

been sleeping like a rock and waking up feeling very refreshed...experimenting to find the best dosing for quicker falling asleep-i'm down to around 30-35 minutes from around a hour before starting melatonin, would like to cut it down to 20 minutes if possible.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
applied .5ml at 10:30 and another .5ml at 11:00 bedtime is 12 midnight.

been sleeping like a rock and waking up feeling very refreshed...experimenting to find the best dosing for quicker falling asleep-i'm down to around 30-35 minutes from around a hour before starting melatonin, would like to cut it down to 20 minutes if possible.
I’ve personally never found melatonin to knock me out fast, but it definitely helps me stay asleep for around 5 hours or so. After combining melatonin with ZMA, I seem to fall asleep faster, but never within 20 minutes. It’s interesting that the TD is helping you fall asleep faster though. Following as I have a long history of sh!tty sleep.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve personally never found melatonin to knock me out fast, but it definitely helps me stay asleep for around 5 hours or so. After combining melatonin with ZMA, I seem to fall asleep faster, but never within 20 minutes. It’s interesting that the TD is helping you fall asleep faster though. Following as I have a long history of sh!tty sleep.
If you enjoy tea, our dream tea is also really nice!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes, it is interesting. i have a history of not feeling any effect from oral melatonin.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think i've hit my sweet spot and this is about as good as it's going to get....5ml hour and a half then .5ml an hour before bed.

it's still taking me longer than i would like 30 minutes versus 1 hour before starting topical melatonin, but the sleep is very deep, i sleep all through the night and i wake up refreshed with no grogginess. i got 9 hours sleep last night without getting up---had to pee like a rushin race horse

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i think i've hit my sweet spot and this is about as good as it's going to get....5ml hour and a half then .5ml an hour before bed.

it's still taking me longer than i would like 30 minutes versus 1 hour before starting topical melatonin, but the sleep is very deep, i sleep all through the night and i wake up refreshed with no grogginess. i got 9 hours sleep last night without getting up---had to pee like a rushin race horse
Interesting that 10mg is hitting you right and 2.5mg is for me. Further proof that it's all so subjective!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting that 10mg is hitting you right and 2.5mg is for me. Further proof that it's all so subjective!
to be honest my history with melatonin is so bad that i jumped right in with the full 1ml [5mg] dose...if really doing a subjective trial i should have tried the 2.5mg 1st...but me being me :geek:

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To bad I can’t give it to my son. He uses a kids version.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this dosing has been working out pretty well. sleep has been noticeably deeper and i have been sleeping through the night without getting up to pee--this is remarkable for me. i haven't noticed any grogginess or hangover type effect so i can't think of a single negative to report.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
this dosing has been working out pretty well. sleep has been noticeably deeper and i have been sleeping through the night without getting up to pee--this is remarkable for me. i haven't noticed any grogginess or hangover type effect so i can't think of a single negative to report.
That’s great that you don’t get the grogginess that many orals give.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh well, something else to spend my money on ….

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh hey Tom, I'm here to follow along and see if I need to get some for myself. All the other times I've tried melatonin, I've slept great for a couple hours and then was just wide awake trying to get back to sleep the rest of the night. 🤷🏼‍♂️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh hey Tom, I'm here to follow along and see if I need to get some for myself. All the other times I've tried melatonin, I've slept great for a couple hours and then was just wide awake trying to get back to sleep the rest of the night. 🤷🏼‍♂️
this was just a beta trial, not sure if rob is going to market it...but if he does i would highly recommend you try.

been doing the same dosing scheme as post #18 with no drop off in effect.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this was just a beta trial, not sure if rob is going to market it...but if he does i would highly recommend you try.

been doing the same dosing scheme as post #18 with no drop off in effect.
Yeah, I saw that. I guess I should have said when/if it's available. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Definitely sounds promising though!
I'm sure that if you sweet talk @delsolrob enough, things will get done. Lol!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I saw that. I guess I should have said when/if it's available. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Definitely sounds promising though!
I'm sure that if you sweet talk @delsolrob enough, things will get done. Lol!
:love: