Trestolone improves mood and sexual functionality at only 19mg/ week?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Can't change the thread title. But I noticed upon re-reading the article that the study consisted of TWO 115mg implants.

Found this study. They compared trest to test E in terms of sexual function and mood. They used (2) 115mg implants over the course of 6 weeks and this dose was found similar to 200mg injections of test E every 3 weeks.

(2) 115mg implants over the course of 6 weeks.... Equals 38mg per week..... Is that how it works or does that equal more or less than 38mg/ week?

Because if it maintains sexual function and mood at 38mg a week, no wonder people are having estrogen problems running it as a base at 30-50mg a day.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10522995

7Alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone maintains sexual behavior and mood in hypogonadal men.

Anderson RA1, Martin CW, Kung AW, Everington D, Pun TC, Tan KC, Bancroft J, Sundaram K, Moo-Young AJ, Baird DT.

Author information

Abstract

The synthetic steroid 7alpha-methyl-19-nortestosterone (MENT) is a potent androgen that is resistant to 5alpha-reductase. It thus has decreased activity at the prostate and may have advantages over testosterone-based regimens in long term treatment or as part of a male contraceptive. Administration to eugonadal men results in suppression of gonadotropins, but its ability to support androgen-dependent behavior has not been investigated. For sustained release administration, MENT acetate was used, because its diffusion characteristics were more suitable for use in implants. However, upon release the acetate is rapidly hydrolyzed, and MENT is the biologically active moiety in circulation. We studied the effects of MENT on sexual interest and activity, spontaneous erection, and mood states in comparison with testosterone enanthate (TE) in 20 Caucasian and Chinese hypogonadal men recruited in Edinburgh and Hong Kong (n = 10 in each center). Outcomes were measured using a combination of daily diaries, semistructured interviews, and questionnaires. Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) was also recorded in the Edinburgh group. After withdrawal of androgen replacement treatment (wash-out phase) for a minimum of 6 weeks, subjects were randomized to two groups in a cross-over design. Drug treatment regimens were of 6-week duration and consisted of two implants, each containing 115 mg MENT acetate, inserted s.c. into the upper arm and removed after 6 weeks and two injections of TE (200 mg, i.m.) 3 weeks apart. MENT treatment resulted in stable plasma MENT concentrations of 1.4 +/- 0.1 nmol/L after 3 weeks and 1.3 +/- 0.1 nmol/L after 6 weeks (mean +/- SEM; all men). Nadir testosterone concentrations were 3.6 +/- 0.6 nmol/L at the end of the wash-out phase and 9.4 +/- 0.6 nmol/L 3 weeks after each injection. There were no differences in hormone concentrations between centers. There were no adverse toxicological effects. There were only minor differences between the two treatments. Both MENT and TE treatment resulted in significant increases in sexual interest and activity, spontaneous erection (both by self-report and NPT measurement), and increases in positive moods, with decreases in negative moods in the Edinburgh group. In the Hong Kong group, both treatments increased waking erection, with a trend toward increased sexual interest and activity. Mood states appeared to be less affected during the wash-out phase than in Edinburgh men and showed no significant response to either treatment. These results demonstrate that MENT has similar effects on sexual activity and mood states as testosterone in hypogonadal men. As NPT is a physiological androgen-dependant outcome, these data provide further evidence for the androgenicity of MENT. The lack of detected effect of either androgen in Hong Kong men other than on waking erection illustrates the importance of the cultural context of symptomatology and its measurement. The appropriate dose of MENT remains to be determined, but these results support its development as a potential androgen replacement therapy.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Another study, which I believe states trest is 10 times more potent than testosterone at activating the androgen receptor

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22065861

Comparison of 7α-methyl-19-nortestosterone effectiveness alone or combined with progestins on androgen receptor mediated-transactivation.

García-Becerra R1, Ordaz-Rosado D, Noé G, Chávez B, Cooney AJ, Larrea F.

Author information

Abstract

7α-methyl-19-nortestosterone (MENT) is an androgen with potent gonadotropin inhibitory activity and prostate-sparing effects. These attributes give MENT advantages over testosterone as a male contraceptive, but, as in the case of testosterone, a partial dose-dependent suppression of spermatogenesis has been observed. Combination of testosterone or MENT with synthetic progestins improves the rate of azoospermia; however, it is unknown whether these combinations affect hormone androgenicity or exert synergistic effects via progestational or androgenic interaction. Herein, using transactivation assays, we examined the ability of MENT alone or combined with several 19-nor-derived synthetic progestins to activate androgen receptor (AR)-dependent gene transcription. In addition, the capability of 7α-methyl-estradiol (7α-methyl-E(2)), an aromatized metabolite of MENT, to transactivate gene transcription via estrogen receptor α (ERα; ESR1) or ERβ (ESR2) was also investigated. As expected, MENT induced gene transactivation through either the progesterone receptor (PGR) or the AR. MENT was as efficient as progesterone in activating PGR-mediated reporter gene expression, but it was ten times more potent than testosterone and dihydrotestoterone in activating of AR-driven gene expression. The addition of increasing concentrations of other 19-nortestosterone derivatives (norethisterone or levonorgestrel) did not affect, in a significant manner, the ability of MENT to activate AR-dependent reporter gene transcription. The same results were obtained with different cell lines. 7α-Methyl-E(2) resulted in potent estrogen activity via both ER subtypes with efficiency similar to natural E(2). These results suggest that the addition of 19-nortestosterone-derived progestins, as a hormonal adjuvant in male fertility strategies for effective spermatogenic suppression, does not display any detrimental effect that would interfere with MENT androgenic transcriptional activity.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In other words, MENT gives you a boner but makes your loads small.

I think this will be of interest to Stanfoo

Rickyblobby, your on trt, right? You should experiment with switching to trest.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yep, on TRT. And I've thought about it. But it makes my libido sky high and its probably not best for my marriage long term lol

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better stay away then.

So is this abstract saying these people received 115mg trest only twice in a 6 week period? Do the implants periodically release trest or something? If they periodically release trest evenly over the 6 weeks then they were getting about 7.8mg of trest a day. Maybe we should dose trest around that amount when using as a test base.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Better stay away then.

So is this abstract saying these people received 115mg trest only twice in a 6 week period? Do the implants periodically release trest or something? If they periodically release trest evenly over the 6 weeks then they were getting about 7.8mg of trest a day. Maybe we should dose trest around that amount when using as a test base.
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. They received TWO 115mg implants at the same time, which over a 6 week period actually equates to 5.48mg a day. They are basically time release pellets,
I reckon a ransdermal dose to reach this level would be about 10mg a day, because there isn't near 100% absorbtion, unless you apply some DMSO to the application site once it dries. Then you would have closer to 100% absorbtion.

The only thing I'm questioning, is maybe it was releasing even less than 5.48mg a day, because the implants still had trest in them as evidenced by the blood concentration at week 6 being almost as high as week 3; If they were depleted at week 6 then the blood concentration would have been much lower, which it was not.

Regardless, I think 10mg a day transdermally should suffice as a base. At that dose one bottle of PRE 7 alpha ace would last 12 weeks. Which should be dandy with some LGD and YK-11 for the same time period. Theoredically of course.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha, in theory that sounds like a good stack.

Now measuring 1/3 of a pump of trest could be tricky.

Newth

Awards
I tested TD Trest a few weeks back to see how fast it will kick in frontloading for a week.
150mg/d and mood was GREAT, very logical, even when triggered. Libido was good and stable, definitely not randy all the time.
300mg/d had a huge amount of conversion and bloated very fast, mood went very flat overnight.

Soon I want to try a minimum dose as a base for 3 weeks with S4.
I know the durations are short but from what I can gather it isnt just 10x stronger but shuts you down 10x faster and I live in a country where TRT isn't so easy to get so I want to test it out as safely as I can.

Trest base, LGD and YK-11 sounds like a nice combo.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hahaha, in theory that sounds like a good stack.

Now measuring 1/3 of a pump of trest could be tricky.
Yeah I think 7 alpha comes with a dropper. Not sure if its metered, may need an oral syringe and just put .33 a day which would equate to 10mg

I tested TD Trest a few weeks back to see how fast it will kick in frontloading for a week.
150mg/d and mood was GREAT, very logical, even when triggered. Libido was good and stable, definitely not randy all the time.
300mg/d had a huge amount of conversion and bloated very fast, mood went very flat overnight.

Soon I want to try a minimum dose as a base for 3 weeks with S4.
I know the durations are short but from what I can gather it isnt just 10x stronger but shuts you down 10x faster and I live in a country where TRT isn't so easy to get so I want to test it out as safely as I can.

Trest base, LGD and YK-11 sounds like a nice combo.
What brand TD trest did you use. And how long did it take to start noticing effects? If you are afraid of shut down a good dose of torem might do some good while on cycle...

Newth

Awards
Yeah I think 7 alpha comes with a dropper. Not sure if its metered, may need an oral syringe and just put .33 a day which would equate to 10mg

What brand TD trest did you use. And how long did it take to start noticing effects? If you are afraid of shut down a good dose of torem might do some good while on cycle...
It was OL Tr3st.
Mood was noticeable day one, started swelling third day at 150 but blew out after 300 for the next two days.

I'm not afraid of shut down, just learning how some things work.
I can't use a SERM at all yet, I need to find limits first, but I do intend to on cycle.
I'm just testing things for now, one week of high dose had no shutdown effect, so I want to try three weeks low dose and see if that causes any shut down.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, I ran OL tr3st a few times. Even at 35mg a day I noticed a serious deepening of the voice after just a few days. More so than 75mg, weird. Generally ran it at 75mg/ day though. Love the stuff.

Newth

Awards
It's been a long time since I've used Pads but I have to say I am seriously impressed with it.
It responds so fast and the estro sides went away almost as fast as they came on.
Also the main effect I remember it having on my labido is by choice I would have chosen sex over a bj.
Tuned properly it will make an excellent base.