Trenbolone or high protein caused permanent kidney damage

Davidelsons

Awards
****Edit 10-31-18****
Per Nephrologist: I do not hve kidney disease. Never did. Tren cycle did not cause any renal damage whatsoever.
I hve high normal creatinine. Period. Adding lean mass and high protein intake resulted in elevated creatinine. Renal function is normal.

Before weight training and increase protein diet:
Creatinine 1.2 GGR 73. Stage 2 kidney disease. Those have been my stable kidney numbers for my adult life. ( no doctor ever pointed out that I had stage 2 kidney disease ever!)
----------------

Began weight training and higher protein diet in November of 2016.
I regularly consumed .8 to 1.0 grams of protein per pound.

Creatinine fluctuated between 1.4 and got as high as 1.78. However I was able to reduce my creatinine by reducing my protein for periods of time.
My blood has been drawn every 3 months ever since the fall of 2016

I finished a 10-week cycle of Trenbolone of approximately 800 mg per week about a month ago..

At 8 weeks of the cycle my blood test showed my creatinine had risen to 1.6 and may GFR has fallen to 46.

* During the cycle I increase my protein to over 1.5 grams per pound of body weight the highest protein intake to date *

After the results of that blood test I decided I better reduce my protein and went around .8 grams per pound.

A blood test about 10 days after the cycle was completed showed no improvement in my kidney function

I've then hit the panic button and decided to drop my protein down to .4 grams per pound of body weight and obviously just follow my trt dose of testosterone...

Low protein diet begun about 9 days ago. A blood test results today showed no improvement in my kidney function.

I've done some research and there's no conclusive evidence that a 10 weeks cycle of Tren should have caused any type of permanent scarring given that my blood pressure was only mildly elevated during the cycle.

However these steroids are from underground labs there could be contaminants and they were harmful to my kidneys

Or having kidney disease and then increased protein diet for the past two years has been pushing my kidneys to the Limit...

.. and during the tren cycle taking in the 1.5 grams per pound a body weight for me was just too much for my kidneys to bear and the permanent scarring was done...

I have been told that that is how I kidneys work when you have kidney disease. There's a point where they just can't take it anymore and your creatinine permanently goes up.

Going forward I obviously will be on a low protein diet for life. I still go to the gym and work out and try to keep a good physique.

I'm open for any comments or opinions or anyone else here that thinks kidney damage that short of a cycle?

But I have a feeling really that my kidneys were too stressed by the higher protein over the past few years and then that 10-week cycle just pushed them over the edge....

I'm hopeful that maybe over the next two months my kidney function May improve a bit.. and yes I'm doing some of the kidney detoxes eating healthy food for kidneys blah blah..

And I want to thank senior members and any other member who always encourages anyone who is going to do anabolics to always get your blood done regularly!

If it was not for the advice received on these forums I would have not been getting my blood checked regularly and who knows I could have walked in and got in a blood test two years from now and then stage 4 kidney disease on my way to dialysis!!

* people that have CKD it is a proven fact that excess protein will further progress the kidney disease which I did not know until I started worrying about it.

you would think my doctor's along the way would have told me that I have to have a low protein diet Nope.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It seems there may be some other variables at play here....but I'm no doc. I believe intense weight training, which tears down muscle fiber, can cause kidney issues for people with already compromised kidney function. I only put that out because you may want to bring that up to your MD. Sorry to hear it brother. I'm glad you caught it when you did... and your a great case in point for getting bloodwork as you pointed out. Good luck man. Hope you are able to find a good solution for the rest of your life. Who knows, maybe they'll have some crazy stem cell treatment someday soon. Thanks for sharing - newbies take notice

Davidelsons

Awards
thanks bro... I stayed out of the gym for a couple weeks before the blood test..

I would never think my creatinine would go back to what it used to be before weight training... I have about 30 pounds of lean muscle mass compared to what I used to be thats got to count for something....

I take cordyceps from time to time but doing some research I need to take 5 to 6 grams of cordyceps ....

they do in China and there are many studies there that it can improve kidney function....

Any case I'll post my blood work 30 days from now and we'll see what happens..

edsd

Awards
You were taking 800mg of tren a week. That’s a sh*tload and did 10 weeks?

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did your nephrologist identify the root cause of why you were in stage 2 of CKD? While you may have made it worse, there is something that causes the original damage. It would be good to identify that and make sure it is no longer a factor.

Davidelsons

Awards
Actually not the whole time the first week was pretty low ....the second week ...I slowly increased it so probably was only at 800 for 3-4 weeks..

Davidelsons

Awards
To clarify I have been stage 2 kidney disease most of my adult life.... as far back as my blood test that I can remember at least over 10 years+

Ironically my wife used to be a Nephrology PA but it's been many many years since she worked in that discipline .....but she used to always say that I had high normal creatinine and that we need to keep an eye on it....

Which is why I believe that my excess protein intake for my kidneys has just been too much...

I've done hours and hours of reading about this stuff as you can imagine and it's just for me probably genetics ....my grandparents had kidney issues but not until they were quite of old age but nonetheless...

There's actually a lot of people walking around with Stage 1 kidney disease they just don't know it..

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
age 45 220 lbs

Before weight training and increase protein diet:
Creatinine 1.2 GGR 73. Stage 2 kidney disease. Those have been my stable kidney numbers for my adult life. ( no doctor ever pointed out that I had stage 2 kidney disease ever!)
----------------

Began weight training and higher protein diet in November of 2016.
I regularly consumed .8 to 1.0 grams of protein per pound.

Creatinine fluctuated between 1.4 and got as high as 1.78. However I was able to reduce my creatinine by reducing my protein for periods of time.
My blood has been drawn every 3 months ever since the fall of 2016

I finished a 10-week cycle of Trenbolone of approximately 800 mg per week about a month ago..

At 8 weeks of the cycle my blood test showed my creatinine had risen to 1.6 and may GFR has fallen to 46.

* During the cycle I increase my protein to over 1.5 grams per pound of body weight the highest protein intake to date *

After the results of that blood test I decided I better reduce my protein and went around .8 grams per pound.

A blood test about 10 days after the cycle was completed showed no improvement in my kidney function

I've then hit the panic button and decided to drop my protein down to .4 grams per pound of body weight and obviously just follow my trt dose of testosterone...

Low protein diet begun about 9 days ago. A blood test results today showed no improvement in my kidney function.

I've done some research and there's no conclusive evidence that a 10 weeks cycle of Tren should have caused any type of permanent scarring given that my blood pressure was only mildly elevated during the cycle.

However these steroids are from underground labs there could be contaminants and they were harmful to my kidneys

Or having kidney disease and then increased protein diet for the past two years has been pushing my kidneys to the Limit...

.. and during the tren cycle taking in the 1.5 grams per pound a body weight for me was just too much for my kidneys to bear and the permanent scarring was done...

I have been told that that is how I kidneys work when you have kidney disease. There's a point where they just can't take it anymore and your creatinine permanently goes up.

Going forward I obviously will be on a low protein diet for life. I still go to the gym and work out and try to keep a good physique.

I'm open for any comments or opinions or anyone else here that thinks kidney damage that short of a cycle?

But I have a feeling really that my kidneys were too stressed by the higher protein over the past few years and then that 10-week cycle just pushed them over the edge....

I'm hopeful that maybe over the next two months my kidney function May improve a bit.. and yes I'm doing some of the kidney detoxes eating healthy food for kidneys blah blah..

And I want to thank senior members and any other member who always encourages anyone who is going to do anabolics to always get your blood done regularly!

If it was not for the advice received on these forums I would have not been getting my blood checked regularly and who knows I could have walked in and got in a blood test two years from now and then stage 4 kidney disease on my way to dialysis!!

* people that have CKD it is a proven fact that excess protein will further progress the kidney disease which I did not know until I started worrying about it.

you would think my doctor's along the way would have told me that I have to have a low protein diet Nope.
You know I posted about high protein and adverse kidney function but got a lot of flack from it.

I was positive I read the research.

Can a high protein diet cause kidney problems? Or only if you already have kidney disease?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I posted about high protein and adverse kidney function but got a lot of flack from it.

I was positive I read the research.

Can a high protein diet cause kidney problems? Or only if you already have kidney disease?
Lots of confounding variables in the OP it seems. If you don’t have a pre-existing condition, or are predisposed to one, high protein is fine. Plenty of research confirms this.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Lots of confounding variables in the OP it seems. If you don’t have a pre-existing condition, or are predisposed to one, high protein is fine. Plenty of research confirms this.
Ok thanks!

Davidelsons

Awards
Cystatin C- Im getting this test..

When is cystatin C used to estimate GFR?
A cystatin C blood test can be helpful if:

A previous test for kidney function was inconclusive or needs to be confirmed. In this instance, your healthcare provider may give you cystatin C test to confirm whether or not you have kidney disease.
You are overweight, elderly or have lots of muscle (such as a body builder). Cystatin C-based estimates for GFR are believed to be less influenced by muscle mass or diet than creatinine-based estimates.
__<<<<<<

There is a chance that my new Normal is 1.6 with this muscle mass I now have... I got pretty muscular over that 10 weeks or so i was eating and bulking... EVERYONE said how big I've gotton.. etc... So, I've read enough where Higher lean muscle mass can increase creatinine. And... since I have CKD..... my kidney are just not able to filter out the increase protein waste that my muscle are producing... even when not working out... Healthy kidneys can adapt and adjust and become able to handle the workload.....

Obvioulsy Im hopeful that i don't have New scaring...its just my Kidneys are dealing with a higher muscle mass so higher creatinine is the byproduct...
____

I copied this info as well

Abstract
Background and objectives: For addressing the influence of muscle mass on serum and urinary creatinine and serum cystatin C, body composition was assessed by skinfold thickness measurement and bioelectrical impedance analyses.

Design, setting, participants, & measurements: A total of 170 healthy individuals (92 women, 78 men) were classified as sedentary or with mild or moderate/intense physical activity. Blood, 24-h urine samples, and 24-h food recall were obtained from all individuals.

Results: Serum and urinary creatinine correlated significantly with body weight, but the level of correlation with lean mass was even greater. There was no significant correlation between body weight and lean mass with cystatin C. Individuals with moderate/intense physical activity presented significantly lower mean body mass index (23.1 ± 2.5 versus 25.7 ± 3.9 kg/m2) and higher lean mass (55.3 ± 10.0 versus 48.5 ± 10.4%), serum creatinine (1.04 ± 0.12 versus 0.95 ± 0.17 mg/dl), urinary creatinine (1437 ± 471 versus1231 ± 430 mg/24 h), protein intake (1.4 ± 0.6 versus 1.1 ± 0.6 g/kg per d), and meat intake (0.7 ± 0.3 versus 0.5 ± 0.4 g/kg per d) than the sedentary individuals. Conversely, mean serum cystatin did not differ between these two groups. A multivariate analysis of covariance showed that lean mass was significantly related to serum and urinary creatinine but not with cystatin, even after adjustment for protein/meat intake and physical activity.

Conclusions: Cystatin C may represent a more adequate alternative to assess renal function in individuals with higher muscle mass when mild kidney impairment is suspected.

Davidelsons

Awards
I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why I didn't put it together or nobody told me I had chronic kidney disease ...buyer beware...

Had many discussions with my wife about higher protein diets do not cause kidney damage blah blah.....BUT that is if you have healthy normal functioning kidneys..

My doctors and my wife were just fixated on my creatinine and GFR numbers to them they knew I had chronic kidney disease everybody knew that accept me ....no one ever use those words...

.... on my discharge papers from the nephrologist it even said in black and white "chronic kidney disease stage 3 Moderate"

I saw and remember thinking.... what are they talking about? My doctor didn't talk about kidney disease? But I never bothered to look it up myself....

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had high Creatinine and BUN for many years. Always just out of range. My EGFR was always in range though. Now every time I go to get blookwork done I use the supplement called Kidney Stuff for 1 month prior. I then lower protein 5 days before test and stop working out. My numbers always fall back in to normal range.

Try this stuff. It works and many have used it with success.

Davidelsons

Awards
I have had high Creatinine and BUN for many years. Always just out of range. My EGFR was always in range though. Now every time I go to get blookwork done I use the supplement called Kidney Stuff for 1 month prior. I then lower protein 5 days before test and stop working out. My numbers always fall back in to normal range.

Thanks... I do have kidneystuff actually I've been using it for quite a while over a few months..

Davidelsons

Awards
Maybe my creatinine is just elevated because I have a higher lean muscle mass now ...and that's why its slowly increase over time........
and after a 10-week cycle of Trenbolone I certainly put on new muscle mass maybe I'm just way overreacting here..

"A patient with a greater muscle mass will have a higher creatinine level. While a baseline serum creatinine of 2.0 mg/dL (177 μmol/L) may indicate normal kidney function in a male body builder, a serum creatinine of 1.2 mg/dL (110 μmol/L) can indicate significant renal disease in an elderly female.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe my creatinine is just elevated because I have a higher lean muscle mass now ...and that's why its slowly increase over time........
and after a 10-week cycle of Trenbolone I certainly put on new muscle mass maybe I'm just way overreacting here..

"A patient with a greater muscle mass will have a higher creatinine level. While a baseline serum creatinine of 2.0 mg/dL (177 μmol/L) may indicate normal kidney function in a male body builder, a serum creatinine of 1.2 mg/dL (110 μmol/L) can indicate significant renal disease in an elderly female.
A guarantee thats part of the equation. How is your blood pressure?

Davidelsons

Awards
Blood Pressure during Tren:
115/60 btwn 120/65 ish...

So the point is I never had skyrocketing high blood pressure it was normal or was slightly elevated.....

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
800mg of tren is extremely high.. It's so high that I can't see anyone else than a guy like Ronnie Coleman really benefit from it. I mean anyone with a decent amount of muscles will grow like weed at 400 just by eating rice and chicken 2 times a day and have a good calorie intake.

Davidelsons

Awards
Actually I ran my thread when I was on that cycle in the over-35 section.....

And this is not pharmaceutical grade Tren its water down underground lab crap...

I did switch Labs during the cycle and found that a lower dose and a lot more kick with a premium brand..

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

And this is not pharmaceutical grade Tren its water down underground lab crap...

I did switch Labs during the cycle and found that a lower dose and a lot more kick with a premium brand..
Lol - just for the record there is no pharm grade tren. Never approved for human use. Except maybe during the hunger games.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Even more reason to be careful not knowing how much you'd actually get.

Davidelsons

Awards
Looking back yeah I was probably using too much Trenbolone but I wasn't really showing lot of side effects so I started out with a very low dose in the first week and slowly Build It Up each week...

But I'll tell you tren works.... it's powerful stuff...

edsd

Awards
800mg of tren is extremely high.. It's so high that I can't see anyone else than a guy like Ronnie Coleman really benefit from it. I mean anyone with a decent amount of muscles will grow like weed at 400 just by eating rice and chicken 2 times a day and have a good calorie intake.
That’s what I’m saying

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First sorry to hear about your kidneys. Second ive been running tren for years and my kidneys have been fine. I did go to emergency room earlier this year for some kidney issues,i immediately thought it was the tren but found out it was from extreme dehydration once they got my fluids back up i was fine. Your tren was high but ive run just as high for longer periods . So i don't think it's from the tren but again im no dr

Davidelsons

Awards
Thanks... I'm hopeful that my elevated creatinine is just a factor in my increase muscle mass.

When I look back at my blood Labs my creatinine has gone up lock step along with my lean body mass.

So I got this Cystatin- C test today. we'll see what the results are.

I don't think it was the Tren... there would be too many guys getting sick from it if it was that toxic from one cycle....

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would protein cycling help? Like legit take 2 days off per week from protein. Not a doc, just my first thought.

Smildj

Smildj

Awards
Hey op. I’ve been dealing with the same problem for a few years now too. Your muscle mass will have a significant impact on your creatinine levels. In fact, one formula used to calculate GFR is different for African Americans because of their inherent musculature. Remember that GFR is an estimation and can vary greatly based upon the formula used to calculate it. Cystatin-C markers are less influenced by muscle mass so hopefully these come back in range and give you a piece of mind. I stopped working out for a few months for unrelated reasons and my GFR dropped by .25 pts. My
Doctor and wife (also a PA) are completely unconcerned by my numbers.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m a little confused, do you have kidney disease or does your test say that you have kidney disease and how do you feel?

When I was on TRT and trained very hard my blood tests showed that I was about to have kidney failure, my Dr said it could show that because I’m working out hard and had a lot of muscles, he also said that it could be because of the TRT (I was on 200mg C weekly). I got off TRT awhile after that because I tried to have another baby and as soon as I got off my kidney levels returned to normal.

Idk, maybe something to think about

Davidelsons

Awards
I’m a little confused, do you have kidney disease or does your test say that you have kidney disease and how do you feel?

When I was on TRT and trained very hard my blood tests showed that I was about to have kidney failure, my Dr said it could show that because I’m working out hard and had a lot of muscles, he also said that it could be because of the TRT (I was on 200mg C weekly). I got off TRT awhile after that because I tried to have another baby and as soon as I got off my kidney levels returned to normal.

Idk, maybe something to think about
I have zero symptoms of kidney disease other than I do spill a little protein in my urine but I've been doing that for a long time.

So yes the numbers say I have kidney disease!! But remember my normal Creatinine before I ever started working out and was skinny was 1.2 so my kidneys are not 100% normal anyway they are a little impaired...

I also have to confess that my testosterone has been pretty high.... I was doing 500 mg a week imy blood test said my testosterone was over 1500 last week

Im letting it come down now..

I feel my best around 200 mg a week which is what I'm going to stick with for a while..

Davidelsons

Awards
Hey op. I’ve been dealing with the same problem for a few years now too. Your muscle mass will have a significant impact on your creatinine levels. In fact, one formula used to calculate GFR is different for African Americans because of their inherent musculature. Remember that GFR is an estimation and can vary greatly based upon the formula used to calculate it. Cystatin-C markers are less influenced by muscle mass so hopefully these come back in range and give you a piece of mind. I stopped working out for a few months for unrelated reasons and my GFR dropped by .25 pts. My
Doctor and wife (also a PA) are completely unconcerned by my numbers.
Your post was very reassuring I hope that's the case with me too..

my nephralogy and my wife didn't seem too concerned about my numbers either, basicalluy said I'll see you in a year for your follow-up appointment.... the doctor never used the term kidney disease....

I'm just freaking out you know because I thought my 1.6 would drop if I cut my protein way back... but the fact that it hasn't even moved a little bit has more to do with my muscle mass.

if this was protein induced creatinine increase and I cut my protein by 50 or 60% my numbers should move !! even if there was new scarring it would still lower down...

the fact that is not moving and I have not lost any muscle must mean something...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Your GFR is all that matters. Almost all athletes have high bun and creatinine. The Kidneys are capable of functioning for 120 years on an almost exclusively high-protein diet.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
my elevated creatinine is just a factor in my increase muscle mass.

I don't think it was the Tren... there would be too many guys getting sick from it if it was that toxic from one cycle....
This ^ is correct. You’re already in a lousy spot and I feel for you man. High protein intake, possible hypertension, and possible dehydration can only aggravate distressed kidneys, but they would need to be in a vulnerable position in the first place. 99% of end stage renal disease patients in the world are victims of uncontrolled hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes, CKD, PKD or a combination of any of them. The other 1% are blunt trauma, drug overdose(including ibuprofen) and random conditions. Someone with kidneys that are not compromised can run ugl tren 6 months out of the year with 400 grams of protein a day and never see decreased function ever.

I sincerely hope your doctors are able to get you in a good position to train and eat the way you’d prefer to.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have zero symptoms of kidney disease other than I do spill a little protein in my urine but I've been doing that for a long time.

So yes the numbers say I have kidney disease!! But remember my normal Creatinine before I ever started working out and was skinny was 1.2 so my kidneys are not 100% normal anyway they are a little impaired...

I also have to confess that my testosterone has been pretty high.... I was doing 500 mg a week imy blood test said my testosterone was over 1500 last week

Im letting it come down now..

I feel my best around 200 mg a week which is what I'm going to stick with for a while..
Yeah I don’t think it has anything to do with your protein intake, drink a little more water and drop down your weekly test dose and check again. Also, drop Creatine and see if that helps. I don’t think you have anything to worry about, neither me or my Dr was worried when my levels showed “kidney failure”.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don’t want to reduce your experience but...

Just take 5-6g Astragalus a day and your kidneys will be back online in no time. Not kidding.

For a 1-2 punch, add whats known as Gold Standard “Kidney Stuff” and your kidneys will be just fine brotha.

Grab those two items and you can put a bow on this issue and close the thread out.

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If I recall correctly, working out increases serum creatinine level. The test is, I believe Ck-BB.

Working out intensely takes a heavy toll on the body. AAS comes with a host of factors which many people arent aware of. Im not just discussing gynocomastia and testicular shrinkage.

Cholesterol and blood pressure are very very important to control. AAS use has been implicated in heart failure of the right atrium. This is the chamber where blood enters the heart.

Kidneys are very easily damaged. Weightlifters, people on antibiotics, and those on high protien diets should make sure to drink plenty of water. You want to urinate often and generally want a sediment free light yellow color with no foaming. Foaming may be due to medications or it could be indicative of protien in the urine.

Be on the lookout for flank pain or discomfort on one or both sides of your body. I take a host of supplements to ensure everything is kept in check.

A low protien diet will go a long way towards a reduction of kidney diet.

I have worked with many physicians who I thought were complete idiots. Said idiots do not belong in the medical field but, there they are.

Its up to all of us to be our own advocates. I wish this were not the case.

I met a patient who was close to end stage renal failure. Stem cell clinical trials reversed his damage and brought his Glomerular Filtration Rate back up to healthy values over the course of 3-4 several week treatments. Unfortunately, I lost track of this patient. You can check for clinical trials at Clinicaltrials.gov.

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Looking back yeah I was probably using too much Trenbolone but I wasn't really showing lot of side effects so I started out with a very low dose in the first week and slowly Build It Up each week...

But I'll tell you tren works.... it's powerful stuff...
Trenbelone is right up there with Halotestin. I cant remember exact numbers for anabolic/androgenic potency for these two. If testosterone is 100, one or both of these were around 1100. I have no firsthand experience with either so I cant share personal insight.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trenbelone is right up there with Halotestin. I cant remember exact numbers for anabolic/androgenic potency for these two. If testosterone is 100, one or both of these were around 1100. I have no firsthand experience with either so I cant share personal insight.
Yeah but these ratings are highly misleading and aren't measured to give you the myotropic side of it. Tren has 500/500 halo has like 1900 in anabolic which of course we all know isn't true in terms of muscle building properties.

Davidelsons

Awards
I don’t want to reduce your experience but...

Just take 5-6g Astragalus a day and your kidneys will be back online in no time. Not kidding.

For a 1-2 punch, add whats known as Gold Standard “Kidney Stuff” and your kidneys will be just fine brotha.

Grab those two items and you can put a bow on this issue and close the thread out.
I have bags of kidneystuff. I've been using it for over 2 months...

I'll look into the other supplement you're talking about.....

I've also increased my cordyceps to five to six grams a day to what they do in China

Davidelsons

Awards
If I recall correctly, working out increases serum creatinine level. The test is, I believe Ck-BB.

Working out intensely takes a heavy toll on the body. AAS comes with a host of factors which many people arent aware of. Im not just discussing gynocomastia and testicular shrinkage.

Cholesterol and blood pressure are very very important to control. AAS use has been implicated in heart failure of the right atrium. This is the chamber where blood enters the heart.

Kidneys are very easily damaged. Weightlifters, people on antibiotics, and those on high protien diets should make sure to drink plenty of water. You want to urinate often and generally want a sediment free light yellow color with no foaming. Foaming may be due to medications or it could be indicative of protien in the urine.

Be on the lookout for flank pain or discomfort on one or both sides of your body. I take a host of supplements to ensure everything is kept in check.

A low protien diet will go a long way towards a reduction of kidney diet.

I have worked with many physicians who I thought were complete idiots. Said idiots do not belong in the medical field but, there they are.

Its up to all of us to be our own advocates. I wish this were not the case.

I met a patient who was close to end stage renal failure. Stem cell clinical trials reversed his damage and brought his Glomerular Filtration Rate back up to healthy values over the course of 3-4 several week treatments. Unfortunately, I lost track of this patient. You can check for clinical trials at Clinicaltrials.gov.
I do drink plenty of water .my urine is always almost clear. I do have foamy urine but not all the time but I've had that for many many years ....some days are worse than others but it's not to bad. I do have protein in my urine that has been confirmed with urinalysis. Protein has been detected in my urine long before I started eating protein and lifting weights.

We absolutely have to be our own advocates.

Thanks for sharing your Insight and advice.

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but these ratings are highly misleading and aren't measured to give you the myotropic side of it. Tren has 500/500 halo has like 1900 in anabolic which of course we all know isn't true in terms of muscle building properties.
I mention the ratings for side effect potential. I don't want to feel negligent by not mentioning this. The two are very hard on the body. I wouldn't stay on them long if at all. Id also be sure i was taking supplements to protect liver and kidneys while on.

Davidelsons

Awards
My Cystatin-C score is in normal range a bit on the higher end which is great news!

I still will obviously moderate my protein intake and keep a close eye on kidneys and when I see my nephrologist in October I'm going to bring this test results and I would like them to run the test again.

20180823_104044-1612x1209.jpg

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Astragalus is key. The list of things it doesn’t do is shorter than the list of things it does do.

Good for heart. Good for testicles. Good for kidneys. Good for brain. Good for healthy DNA, which means it’s good for immune system, anti-cancerous, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc.

3 weeks of use raised my eGFR by 10-15 points and made my urine clear on half the water intake. Does this by allowing uptake of more protein from blood which removes stress from kidneys and also lowers BUN and Creatinine levels.

Also demolished a few warts that were plaguing my fingers in that same time frame, which is evidence that it does wonders for the immune system.

It completely rid me of afternoon naps and raised my metabolism a bit. Haven’t been sick since.

One of those supplements that should be passed out at clinics, hospitals and schools.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Astragalus is key. The list of things it doesn’t do is shorter than the list of things it does do.

Good for heart. Good for testicles. Good for kidneys. Good for brain. Good for healthy DNA, which means it’s good for immune system, anti-cancerous, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc.

3 weeks of use raised my eGFR by 10-15 points and made my urine clear on half the water intake.

Also demolished a few warts that were plaguing my fingers in that same time frame, which is evidence that it does wonders for the immune system.

It completely rid me of afternoon naps and raised my metabolism a bit. Haven’t been sick since.

One of those supplements that should be passed out at clinics, hospitals and schools.
What dosage?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/astragalus/#15_Astragalus_May_Improve_Male_Fertility

http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com/nd/PrintVersion.aspx?****963&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Here is a bunch of benefits but of course everyone lists all the successful clinical trials then turn around and say "insufficient evidence for treatment of..." as a Cover-Your-@$$ with the FDA labeling laws - supplements are not allowed to say they can treat or cure any illnesses because the FDA has legally defined that as being a drug to be controlled.

Imagine that.

Buy the Astragalus and get better. It's like $5 for 2 weeks of use @ 5-6g/day.