Transgendered Woman Set to Win Olympic Gold in Weightlifting

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Summary:
Laurel Hubbard was born a male and was into weightlifting without much success. However, in her 30s she transitioned to being a woman and now at 41 is dominating women's weightlifting competitions. She just won 2 Golds and a Silver medal in her 3 events including beating out the strongest woman from the most recent Commonwealth games.

Has occurred recently in other sporting events where strength is a metric of performance.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Trans need their own division. The medals this male, by science, wins mean nothing.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
**** it, I see it as almost punishment for stupidity and poor hindsight. Sorry not sorry but everyone saw this coming from miles away.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
**** it, I see it as almost punishment for stupidity and poor hindsight. Sorry not sorry but everyone saw this coming from miles away.
Agreed. Obvious outcome. Biologically a man, going to have the Male edge, even if putting on a dress.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In the end, the push for equality has ironically lead to less equality simply because male sports won’t be impacted by this, as guys are genetically and biologically stronger. The only ones that truly suffer are female sports.

I’m just curious to see what happens next, I already have my popcorn