Transdermal supplements - application sites and absorption rate

vladmirgc

Awards
So I was reading this medical case study about a 14-year old boy who developed symptoms of aspirin poisoning following masturbation by using pain-relief cream. It really caught my interest in the context of transdermal supplements.

Apparently there is a big difference in bioavailability depending on the site of administration. The paper "Regional variation in percutaneous penetration of 14C cortisol in man" (https://cir.nii.ac.jp/crid/1571698599654013696) illustrates it quite well. For example, below we have the absorption rate of different areas of the body

Given the scrotum is heavily vascularized, it has a greater absorption effect.
My goal is not to start applying supplements directly to my scrotum, because I think it may be dangerous. But it makes me wonder how supplement companies come up with their recommendations. Let us take for example Apex Alchemy. In their products they mention that ideal application areas include chest, clavicle, shoulders and upper arms. Why is that though? Couldn't we use a smaller dose and apply to an area with a higher absorption rate? The areas recommended do not seem particularly special.

Has anyone noticed any difference by optimizing application site?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I was reading this medical case study about a 14-year old boy who developed symptoms of aspirin poisoning following masturbation by using pain-relief cream. It really caught my interest in the context of transdermal supplements.

Apparently there is a big difference in bioavailability depending on the site of administration. The paper "Regional variation in percutaneous penetration of 14C cortisol in man" (https://cir.nii.ac.jp/crid/1571698599654013696) illustrates it quite well. For example, below we have the absorption rate of different areas of the body
View attachment 217321
My goal is not to start applying supplements directly to my scrotum, because I think it may be dangerous. But it makes me wonder how supplement companies come up with their recommendations. Let us take for example Apex Alchemy. In their products they mention that ideal application areas include chest, clavicle, shoulders and upper arms. Why is that though? Couldn't we use a smaller dose and apply to an area with a higher absorption rate? The areas recommended do not seem particularly special.

Most of us apply transdermals to the sack for this reason, but be aware of what's in the product cuz certain things may not feel very good lol.

Typically we use the following locations and locations differ depending on the compound because hormones that convert to other hormones may be affected differently depending on where you apply them.

Upper PECS
Throat
Traps
Delts
Inner biceps and forearm
Pits of the elbows and back of the knee caps
Tops of the feet
The space between bellybutton and your junk
The sack
Inner thighs

I've always felt (as to others) that the best spots are the ones where your lean, skin is thin and high amounts of veins in the area

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have quite a bit of experience using home made dmso transdermals of all kinds…..

I have tried almost everywhere (except my nut sack, or taint) and the best combo of absorption and Convenience I have found is my inner ankle/side of the foot spot. I have no fat there and lots of 3D as well as purple looking blood vessels all over that spot.

That being said, That’s with DMSO gel….. I’m not very experienced with commercial transdermals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Curious, what transdermals have you made, and how would you compare them to taking the products orally.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

View attachment 217321

Adherence to protocol; nobody's gonna rub Ursa Major on their forehead on the regular.

I have mentioned scalp application for guys who shave their heads, though.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Adherence to protocol; nobody's gonna rub Ursa Major on their forehead on the regular.

I have mentioned scalp application for guys who shave their heads, though.
im totes gonna put shat on my giant forehead.

Last edited:
klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Curious, what transdermals have you made, and how would you compare them to taking the products orally.
I used to buy raw powders mostly back in the day (early 2000's) and I have pretty much tried them all. The two best IMO, or I guess the two that gave me the best results were Tren acetate and test base powders mixed with DMSO. But I've used anadrol, dbol, and winstrol just to see how well it would work and it DEF does not work as well as just taking them orally. I was able back in the day to get Andriol caps as well (the ones that look like vit e caps) and I would empty them straight into the DMSO gel and that worked way better than taking them orally. If I could find them anywhere nowadays I would scoop up a dozen bottles of them.

Moral of the story is that if its a methylated steroid, don't waste it on DMSO..... Just take it orally.

uncle-rico

Awards
That study is encouraging. Hyperion on scrotum it is :love:

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That study is encouraging. Hyperion on scrotum it is :love:
You may be sorry...
But it is your choice to make.
:cool:

* To be clear (and repetitive) ... Apex-Alchemy does Not recommend using any of our great products on "private", or sensitive areas (including any "sacks" that your particular anatomy may contain).
:)

Last edited: