Transdermal Andros safer?

PapaPumpp

Awards
Hey guys,

I recently found out I have fatty liver disease, doc said it could be due to to much Tylenol I take for headaches as I used to take them like candy. So now I’m looking for something that has no interactions with the liver. Would transdermal creams be the next best thing now? I’m guessing since it’s dries on the skin there is no passing through the liver. I don’t know much when it comes to the science when it comes to this stuff. I haven’t been up to date.

I see IML has a few creams on their line, are these legit? I found a few reviews but not much in regards to them.
Any info would be great!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Topicals miss the first pass of the lover but can still have an impact. Luckily andros are not methylated and there *should* not be any major problems with topical andros. IML and Iconic both make good topical andros though (I have used and enjoy both but would give a slight edge to iconic).

However I would give it a few months and then maybe run the product if blood work comes back well. Look into Tudca and or NAC to help.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ursolic acid helps fatty liver and is mildly anabolic thru a different mechanism than anabolic hormones. It also help protect your liver. Would be a good idea to stack it with transdermal prohormones. Stay away from oral that are methylated.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Would agree with the others and definitely agree with picking up some Tudca by CEL. Can't go wrong with added protection and the benefits Tudca brings.

Reactions: SBH

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why in the heck is anybody recommending OP take andro products? Do you not realize that fatty liver disease can easily progress into cirrhosis? Or do you just not care?

I would imagine your train of thought goes something like this “andros are mildly toxic so they present minimal danger”. And if this is true, id like to know why on earth you think its okay to recommend something that MIGHT tip him into cirrhosis.

AND not only that OP ASKED for something that doesnt interfere with with liver. Transdermals miss FIRST PASS metabolism they still get metabolized by the liver.

this is pretty ridiculous that not only are people recommending OP take the product, but theres SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES trying to sell their own supplements at the expense of OP’s health.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Why in the heck is anybody recommending OP take andro products? Do you not realize that fatty liver disease can easily progress into cirrhosis? Or do you just not care?

I would imagine your train of thought goes something like this “andros are mildly toxic so they present minimal danger”. And if this is true, id like to know why on earth you think its okay to recommend something that MIGHT tip him into cirrhosis.

AND not only that OP ASKED for something that doesnt interfere with with liver. Transdermals miss FIRST PASS metabolism they still get metabolized by the liver.

this is pretty ridiculous that not only are people recommending OP take the product, but theres SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES trying to sell their own supplements at the expense of OP’s health.
yeah , I completely missed that in the post and was scrolling through too fast until you mentioned this. Didn’t even realize he had fatty liver. I’m going to say that I agree. Op should avoid anything which could make this problem worse! My apologies and deleted my original post. Feel like an idiot now lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If liver is under stress you may not metabolize the hormones properly either and have more side effects

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sometimes the best treatment is to change our lifestyle and eating habits.

Reactions: SBH

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah , I completely missed that in the post and was scrolling through too fast until you mentioned this. Didn’t even realize he had fatty liver. I’m going to say that I agree. Op should avoid anything which could make this problem worse! My apologies and deleted my original post. Feel like an idiot now lol
I do that too . My wife says i dont listen 🤷‍♂️

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

What are you talking about with the recommendations? 1 person said 'maybe' if they waited and blood work came back ok. Someone else recommended Ursolic acid and someone recommended Tudca, niether of which is a prohormone.

I do agree with you that OP should not be messing with Andros or much of anything. My mother had fatty liver that turned into Non Alcoholic Steto Hepatitis. She eventually got a liver transplant but went through a year of hell, having to get paracenteses (fluid removal), shunts put in, etc. It's no joke. Please don't get me wrong, I do agree with your stand on this.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys,

I recently found out I have fatty liver disease, doc said it could be due to to much Tylenol I take for headaches as I used to take them like candy. So now I’m looking for something that has no interactions with the liver. Would transdermal creams be the next best thing now? I’m guessing since it’s dries on the skin there is no passing through the liver. I don’t know much when it comes to the science when it comes to this stuff. I haven’t been up to date.

I see IML has a few creams on their line, are these legit? I found a few reviews but not much in regards to them.
Any info would be great!
I would look to talk to your doctor first. Issues with the liver are no joke and anabolics such as andros could effect that. You want to avoid anything that could add to the liver issue at least till you know how safe they are.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you talking about with the recommendations? 1 person said 'maybe' if they waited and blood work came back ok. Someone else recommended Ursolic acid and someone recommended Tudca, niether of which is a prohormone.

I do agree with you that OP should not be messing with Andros or much of anything. My mother had fatty liver that turned into Non Alcoholic Steto Hepatitis. She eventually got a liver transplant but went through a year of hell, having to get paracenteses (fluid removal), shunts put in, etc. It's no joke. Please don't get me wrong, I do agree with your stand on this.
Thought the same thing

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now I wanna write a nutrition article. :p Stay away from candy and high fructose corn syrup. Hyperinsulinemia is usually the main cause of fatty liver disease. Fructose is the main culprit.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I hear you, no offense taken.

Who recommended that he not take the andros? Who let him know andros do effect the liver?

Nobody discouraged its use prior to my comment, or informed him of mild liver stress. Since people are recommending things like ursolic acid without any type of caution, their comments could come off as permissive to OP and cause him more damage. AND THEN to top it off theres at least one supplement company doing the same thing.

As far as blood work, Yeah if OP decides to use the Andos he definitely should get blood tested, absolutely. But the andros should be discouraged.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hear you, no offense taken.

Who recommended that he not take the andros? Who let him know andros do effect the liver?

Nobody discouraged its use prior to my comment, or informed him of mild liver stress. Since people are recommending things like ursolic acid without any type of caution, their comments could come off as permissive to OP and cause him more damage. AND THEN to top it off theres at least one supplement company doing the same thing.

As far as blood work, Yeah if OP decides to use the Andos he definitely should get blood tested, absolutely. But the andros should be discouraged.
Ursolic acid has studies to back up that it has a positive effect on the liver. However, I do believe someone with a medical condition should be running everything past their doctor before using. I think we are both just trying to clear up any confusion and we both mean well so all good man.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ursolic acid has studies to back up that it has a positive effect on the liver. However, I do believe someone with a medical condition should be running everything past their doctor before using. I think we are both just trying to clear up any confusion and we both mean well so all good man.
Yessir

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
theres SUPPLEMENT COMPANIES trying to sell their own supplements at the expense of OP’s health.
Well yeah, that's what supplement companies do, sell product.

The only reason probably 80% of the supplements in existence in the fitness industry are even still bothering to be made are due to incredible marketing toward those that know no better. Fat burners, BCAAs, 47 different types of creatine, etc, etc, the list is practically endless. Doesn't surprise me someone would jump on a poor dude with a declining liver to sell a few extra bottles.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No cycles homie, bad idea.

Nac, tudca and ox bile. Lots of water antioxidants too, vitamin c and e. Get the liver healthy first. NAFLD is fixable. Dont make it worse!

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No cycles homie, bad idea.

Nac, tudca and ox bile. Lots of water antioxidants too, vitamin c and e. Get the liver healthy first. NAFLD is fixable. Dont make it worse!
Ox bile? That sounds delicious. :sick:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You need to consider some extended fasting. A few 5-7 day runs with just some water and table salt (sodium, chloride, iodine). You can add potassium and magnesium that are in a form that won’t break the fast, but they’re probably going to give you the runs and won’t be necessary. Liver fat is the first place that starts getting used up during extended fasting.

Start with keto for 3-4 days prior so you can make that transition before you pull all the food out. You will need a lot more salt in the diet and it’s still going to suck, but this is fixable with some grit.

Add more cardio, frequently, and between fasts either keep it keto or a lower carb approach, and stay in a deficit. The plan should be to both generally lower bodyweight & fat as well as massively improve insulin sensitivity and specifically strip fat from the liver.

Large doses of methionine, inositol, & choline can also be a good supplement approach. Don’t consider any prohormones until you successfully reverse your NAFLD.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You need to consider some extended fasting. A few 5-7 day runs with just some water and table salt (sodium, chloride, iodine). You can add potassium and magnesium that are in a form that won’t break the fast, but they’re probably going to give you the runs and won’t be necessary. Liver fat is the first place that starts getting used up during extended fasting.

Start with keto for 3-4 days prior so you can make that transition before you pull all the food out. You will need a lot more salt in the diet and it’s still going to suck, but this is fixable with some grit.

Add more cardio, frequently, and between fasts either keep it keto or a lower carb approach, and stay in a deficit. The plan should be to both generally lower bodyweight & fat as well as massively improve insulin sensitivity and specifically strip fat from the liver.

Large doses of methionine, inositol, & choline can also be a good supplement approach. Don’t consider any prohormones until you successfully reverse your NAFLD.
Didn't one of the YouTube fitness guys just recently do a whole segment on reversing NAFLD, I can't think of who it was but it definitely happened maybe vigorous steve?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't one of the YouTube fitness guys just recently do a whole segment on reversing NAFLD, I can't think of who it was but it definitely happened maybe vigorous steve?
Yep, it was him!

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll have to check this out. We corrected my wife's liver panels with, amazingly, milk thistle. She doing some Ursa Major now along with me.
Her for her liver and weight-loss, me for maintaining gains and leaness. Stuff amazingly shuttles carbs for pumps also. No, I don't sell it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'll have to check this out. We corrected my wife's liver panels with, amazingly, milk thistle. She doing some Ursa Major now along with me.
Her for her liver and weight-loss, me for maintaining gains and leaness. Stuff amazingly shuttles carbs for pumps also. No, I don't sell it.
Did she have NAFLD or just elevated liver enzymes, because those will get better on their own while taking nothing at all. I got a hard time buying that milk thistle fixed anything more than slightly elevated liver enzymes.

I'm not trying to tell you anything or saying your wrong, I'm genuinely asking and genuinely skeptical

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did she have NAFLD or just elevated liver enzymes, because those will get better on their own while taking nothing at all. I got a hard time buying that milk thistle fixed anything more than slightly elevated liver enzymes.

I'm not trying to tell you anything or saying your wrong, I'm genuinely asking and genuinely skeptical
I should said liver enzyme panel. We are still working on it. She used TUDCA and that didn't correct it but the ol milk thistle I have always used with orals did. I don't use orals anymore BTW. Too old for all that. Gotta watch that blood sugar and work on insulin sensitivity to correct fatty liver.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey guys,

Any info would be great!
I know your questions have more to do with anabolics than with fixing your NAFLD, but I agree with those above who said that your priority right now should be fixing your NAFLD rather than finding anabolics that work with it.

I was diagnosed with NAFLD about 6 months ago. My ALT was 141 (ref range 0-47), and an ultrasound revealed my liver was a few cm larger than it ought to be. I wasn't taking any anabolics at the time, and still don't.

Since then I have brought my ALT down to 48.

This was accomplished through changing my diet, and using NAC.

In case you'd like the info this is how I changed my diet:

I no longer eat or drink anything sugary.
I replaced processed white flour with whole grain. Did this for breads and pastas. I also replaced white flour tortillas with yellow corn tortillas.
I no longer eat fried foods.
I replaced white rice with brown rice.
I replaced beef with chicken.
I replaced refried beans with black beans.
I eat a lot more raisins than I used to.

I highly recommend making these changes to your diet.

Take care and I hope you can at the very least stop your NAFLD from progressing. I give all credit for my improved health to the Lord, as He is responsible for all of the inner workings of our bodies, and I couldn't stay on point with all things diet and exercise without the Word as my foundation.

God bless!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, and he did it by getting off gear, changing his diet, and fasting-mimicking dieting.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Steve is huge on fasting, I think he says he won't coach someone unless they are willing to do a 5 or 7 day fast to start

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's fasting-mimicking?
He has a very good video breaking it down as he used one a while back for an accelerated fat loss phase, but in a nutshell you consume within 3-500 calories per day, mainly of veggies I believe, & keep it keto.

The main reason for this would be to be able to keep consuming lots of oral supplements. Fat burning agents, AIs, BP meds, etc. I don’t think this is as cleansing as a true fast, & hunger would be radically worse, but it can be an option if you need to keep taking certain things.

Steve is huge on fasting, I think he says he won't coach someone unless they are willing to do a 5 or 7 day fast to start
It dropped my liver enzymes 10 points lower than I’ve basically ever seen them. Bilirubin was tripled, but that is because it doesn’t clear properly on a fast and returns to normal after.

hawaiirace

hawaiirace

Awards
Here is a video on fatty liver from ask the doc, everyone will find informative.

Liver cocktail, Choline and Inositol (3000 mg per day of each) and L-Methionine (1500 mg per day) every 3 months for fatty liver detox.

Listen from 4:10 to 9:20

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here is a video on fatty liver from ask the doc, everyone will find informative.

Liver cocktail, Choline and Inositol (3000 mg per day of each) and L-Methionine (1500 mg per day) every 3 months for fatty liver detox.

Listen from 4:10 to 9:20

This is what I referred to with the MIC combo