Tramadol (ultram) / M-TRN interactions?

goa1175

Awards
Ok, so in the coming months I'm going to be running a round of M-TRN at recommended dosage (4.5mg/day) for 30 days. From what little info I've seen, M-TRN isn't great for your liver values but isn't the worst thing in the world either. Mainly the cholesterol seems to be the biggest effect.
Question is - what interactions might it have with tramadol hcl (Ultram)? I'm still considered to be "in recovery" from back surgery, even though I'm back in the gym and able to do almost everything I want. I've still got bad days though. And the only way to prevent one bad day from turning into a bad week is to completely rest, and turn to the pain meds - in this case it's tramadol - and ice.
Tramadol seems to be relatively benign on its own, and pubmed has little to say in regards to toxicity within recommended dosage ranges. It has some effect on kidney function for those with pre-existing kidney issues, which is concerning given tren's history of kidney effects. Not sure if M-TRN would do the same.
Hopefully some of you amazing chem gurus can help me out!
And just to answer the question that I know is coming - yes I do feel that it's appropriate to be running a cycle of M-TRN at this point in my recovery. According to the docs, I'm as "pain-free" as I'll ever be, so there's no benefit there to waiting. I'm also back up to my presurgery weight and almost the same numbers on most of the lifts I'm able to do. As I stated earlier in this post, I'm still a couple months away from starting the cycle, in order to get some more progress on my own. What it comes down to is I'm basically being driven by the same motivation as everyone else here, I've got a case of bigorexia :twisted:
So, anyone have any clues on how tramadol and M-TRN might duke it out in my liver and kidneys?

VitaminT

Awards
First, I'm not a chem guru or a medical practicioner. However, I have taken Tramadol before and I seriously doubt that it would directly impact your M-TRN cycle. It is a rather novel opiate (from memory) so I do not think it is metabolized to anything. It does have dependancy issues that were not known initially. It may indirectly affect the quality of your cycle, but thats just speculation. Perhaps somebody better qualified could respond, but I doubt there is anything to worry about other then the effects of M-TRN itself.

Abe the Cop

Awards
This isn't meant to hijack your thread, in fact, it's on the same topic...just switch Tramadol to Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) and TRN to phera-plex or superdrol. Anyone know if there are any problems with these two interacting? I take suboxone sublingually (hope to be off of it in the coming months) so I'm pretty sure it never passes through my liver...or maybe just once? I have no idea. Help? :box:

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
In layman's terms (without going into the chemistry of things), it is never a good idea to mix prescription medicines with AAS.

Secondly, M-TRN isn't methylated (at least from what I've read. It does however contain a methoxy group.

If I was you, I would wait until completely recovered from the surgery. Why rush into the cycle, have a half-ass one, & not get the max out of it when you could've waited until you were 100%, ran the cycle, had incredible results, & an overall better experience. Then again this is just my opinion.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
the doc told me that the tramadol its self will not hurt your liver. its the acetaminophen in the ultratram that does that, I think there is 500mg per tablet if recolection serves. so at least get the generic tramadol, its little round 25 or 50mg tabs.

also I can tell you from prevous experance that deca is the only drug I would take after back surgery. (worked great for me)

goa1175

Awards
the doc told me that the tramadol its self will not hurt your liver. its the acetaminophen in the ultratram that does that, I think there is 500mg per tablet if recolection serves. so at least get the generic tramadol, its little round 25 or 50mg tabs.

also I can tell you from prevous experance that deca is the only drug I would take after back surgery. (worked great for me)
I've got plain old tramadol. I'd never dream of mixing acetaminophen with any kind of oral. I actually think between acetaminophen and an oral AAS, the acetaminophen might be the more harmful of the two :icon_lol:
I was wondering about Deca being a better option. The water retention is probably helpful, right?
Thanks for the input guys!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I've got plain old tramadol. I'd never dream of mixing acetaminophen with any kind of oral. I actually think between acetaminophen and an oral AAS, the acetaminophen might be the more harmful of the two :icon_lol:
I was wondering about Deca being a better option. The water retention is probably helpful, right?
Thanks for the input guys!
I am no longer sure of the exact mechanism but I believe the current thinking is that deca also acts like a mild corticosteroid in its receptor bindings (the guy that explained this to me was a PHD chemist and most of it went over my head to be honest) and not due to the water retention. I can attest to deca working quite well for recover in my case though. If I had it to do over again I would run a deca based cycle with a maintenance dose of test after I had recovered from my back surgery. I still wouldn't push it though, that sort of thing takes time to heal. Don't overdo it.

goa1175

Awards
Thanks again. I'll take a look at running some deca instead.
I've been coming back very carefully. Made great progress so far, and although I'm not 100% I'm close enough that I'm happy. I may never be 100% of what I was, and I've come to accept that. Doesn't mean I can't strive for the same goals though!
Thanks again for the advice!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bighulksmash Supplements 11
mylo OTC Drug 6
angel77 Anabolics 0
curqleez Anabolics 5
Supplements 11