Training while on cycle?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established
How does training on cycle change? What program/split do you follow? Do you favor volume vs intensity, or increase both due to the reduced recovery time?
Im starting my first cycle in a few weeks (epi and possibly test e) and i was wondering wjat changes could i make to take full advantage of the benefits the cycle has to offer.

Im currently cutting, and i use a bastardised program consistinf of Push Pull Legs (although i have 2 leg workouts within the same week) and sheiko's deadlift emphasis powerlifting program. I do that because all programs i've tried do help with strength a lot (ive run candito's 6 week linear pl program and texas version), but they all have way too little accessory work, too little hypertrophy and im going for a physique between strength and bodybuilding.
Do you guys have any programs or templates to suggest?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Depends on what I am trying to do, if cutting I add more volume if for mass or strength I add more weight quicker than normal and keep the reps low and the sets between 4-6.

For cuting you could use Jim Stoppannis short cut to shred, that works really well or some kind of FST-7 program

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My DOMS goes away/reduces on cycle but I don’t recover markedly better on cycle. Joints actually get worked harder as your weights or volume goes up. Most guys cannot handle any extra relative intensity just because of drugs. Often I train less frequently if anything because frequency is not as critical due to the extended protein synthesis periods on drugs.

Don’t train more - if anything emphasize sleep and nutrition to take advantage of the cycle. Nutrition especially.