Training so hard you need to recover after the workout

• Thread starter Dutch guy in asia
  • Start date
Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Today I did not eat and started my workout at 8.30am. Normally i eat a breakfast but I had eaten good last night so i thought i had energy.

I did a long workout legs and back and i was totally dead when I came back. hard to walk legs swollen and rock hard. But the worst was i felt like I had to puke (did not get anything out as i did not eat b4). It took me some food and some time to have my body get back to normal and my brain back to normal too.

Who else knows this feeling, i think i might have pushed a bit too much. I don't think this is bad but it can be if done too often. I have had times that after heavy deadlift workout i needed at least an hour to recover (think had to lie on the sofa to recover not from lack of breath but just general no more energy brain and body)

Problem with workouts like that is that i lose productive working time. I will try to limit them. Just looking for experiences of others.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes I hit some pretty insanely taxing stuff.

Some times of the year I do more, some less, but it is all taken into the context of the grand scheme of my training.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going hard on legs can definaltey be taxing. Try the 20 rep squat or breathing squats. Lol It’s hard to walk after and I get the shakes. Ha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not uncommon for me to need, not want, a nap in the afternoon if I do a morning leg session. The exhaustion just takes over and 20-30 min is in order, then I feel amazing. Nice tight legs and rested up.