Training Partner Who and Why

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you could only choose 1 bodybuilder, power lifter, trainer, or guru to workout with who would it be?

And why would you choose them.

Last edited:

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
John Meadows. His physique is extremely impressive, especially considering his poor genetics, never using IGF, and he has no colon. His level of conditioning was always very impressive when competing, totally peeled. Not to mention he seems like one cool dude.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
John Meadows. His physique is extremely impressive, especially considering his poor genetics, never using IGF, and he has no colon. His level of conditioning was always very impressive when competing, totally peeled. Not to mention he seems like one cool dude.
Gotta give a shout-out for John Meadows! His training philosophies are great.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My most loyal training partner till this day has been Five Finger Death Punch soundtrack on my phone.

Other than training, i get a desire to go to the range when i listen to those guys!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sometimes that’s all you need!
I honestly prefer to work out alone. And while i do miss my sparring sessions with my buddies (have to do sth about this we are losing dem skillz), i dont think i am going back to the gym to lift weights. Home gym ftw!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Slightly left field but Dan John I think would be a lot of fun and would just get **** done.

Read his book years back and liked his straightforward approach.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I honestly prefer to work out alone. And while i do miss my sparring sessions with my buddies (have to do sth about this we are losing dem skillz), i dont think i am going back to the gym to lift weights. Home gym ftw!
Haha I wish I could put in a garage gym. Gives you less excuses for not working out.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slightly left field but Dan John I think would be a lot of fun and would just get **** done.

Read his book years back and liked his straightforward approach.
Does he have anything on YouTube? Or just his book?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha I wish I could put in a garage gym. Gives you less excuses for not working out.
Well we dont have much choice do we? Commercial gyms are breeding grounds for all kinds of diseases anyway

And besides, you dont need to put it into the garage, i also cant. I dont want to work out and breathe heavy with all the metal dust from angle grinding and toxic fumes from welding.

I work out in the living room. Just make yourself or buy yourself a good bar, be it trap or normal one (i prefer trap), pour some concrete plates, put some thick blankets under the plates and dont slam the weights.

Also you will need a pullup bar of some sort.

And thats it you are all sorted.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally I can’t decide if I had to only pick one.

Tom Platz
Hany Rombod

Not really a fan of Ronnie Coleman’s or Dorian Yates work out style. I’d bloating up on injuries.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well we dont have much choice do we? Commercial gyms are breeding grounds for all kinds of diseases anyway

And besides, you dont need to put it into the garage, i also cant. I dont want to work out and breathe heavy with all the metal dust from angle grinding and toxic fumes from welding.

I work out in the living room. Just make yourself or buy yourself a good bar, be it trap or normal one (i prefer trap), pour some concrete plates, put some thick blankets under the plates and dont slam the weights.

Also you will need a pullup bar of some sort.

And thats it you are all sorted.
I guess I should have clarified, that I only live in an apartment. So I only have this station that allows for push-ups, dips and pull-ups. Could do leg raises for abs because it had a pad.

I also have some bands and was thinking about buying some DB’s. Like your suggestion for the home gym. But getting a barbell into my apartment is not happening. Not enough space.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I guess I should have clarified, that I only live in an apartment. So I only have this station that allows for push-ups, dips and pull-ups. Could do leg raises for abs because it had a pad.

I also have some bands and was thinking about buying some DB’s. Like your suggestion for the home gym. But getting a barbell into my apartment is not happening. Not enough space.
I should have clarified that i used to do this whioe also living in an apartment.

But then again i am known for bringing in into the apartment heavy and bulky objects from a junkyard on a regular basis 😁

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang maybe I need to step up my gym then. I am going to a commercial gym right now.

Gotta like them thick

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cass Martin and Steph Sanzo, cos hawt and they train good
Just hoped on Instagram and saw Stephanie Sanzo. I’d take her to dinner then let her be the desert.

Reactions: Nac
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
id want to run with b-pak as he was a highly educated disciple of Charles Poliquin

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chris Duffin - stronger than ill ever be and very knowledgeable on things that would make his training partner better (eg. technique correction or refinement, programming). Plus he’d would have a ton of sweet toys like specialty bars, gadgets, etc.

Edit: oh, and he drinks whiskey.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chris Duffin - stronger than ill ever be and very knowledgeable on things that would make his training partner better (eg. technique correction or refinement, programming). Plus he’d would have a ton of sweet toys like specialty bars, gadgets, etc.

Edit: oh, and he drinks whiskey.
So you are looking more into power lifting or strongman competitors?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn just looked him up 5’10 280lbs on stage.

So you would train with him and then use Polquin’s training regimen?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no not really... its the knowledge he has from those yrs. I would train with b paks methodologies which would be built around the things he learned from CP

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no not really... its the knowledge he has from those yrs. I would train with b paks methodologies which would be built around the things he learned from CP
Okay I gotcha. I was just a little confused.

prestoner

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wow are you a scared little wimp .Lol
Lol in 2003 my workout partner used to say that to me. Got a little rough when he tried halotestin and started throwing plates around the gym.

I had the opportunity to workout with Anthony Clark a few times in 2004 but wasn’t much into the nosebleeds and powerlifting.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think id would go with Milos Sarcev. His knowledge and experience is really amazing. Also id love to see if i survived one of his famous leg workouts.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow are you a scared little wimp .Lol
Brb working out from the comfort of my home, not having to put up with other people, their body odor, listening to whatever i want, training shirtless, not having to be in contact with all the bodily fluids from others, not wasting time on commute, not having to wait for equipment, can adjust temperature as i want...

And if you think you cant get seriously sick then you are a fool, plain and simple.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I am going to train to learn more, and push myself, John Meadows.

If I am thinking about more from a contemporary standpoint, Nick Walker. I love how controlled he is with all his movements and he moves some pretty heavy weight.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If I am thinking about more from a contemporary standpoint, Nick Walker. I love how controlled he is with all his movements and he moves some pretty heavy weight.
Bro, thats the sole reason I started following him on instagram. He is like the complete opposite to guys like Branch Warren and Johnny Jackson lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro, thats the sole reason I started following him on instagram. He is like the complete opposite to guys like Branch Warren and Johnny Jackson lol
And he is younger. That in it of itself is amazing. No ego lifting and he knows what lifts work for me. He physique is crazy. I'm curious to see how he stands against seasoned pros in Chicago.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And he is younger. That in it of itself is amazing. No ego lifting and he knows what lifts work for me. He physique is crazy. I'm curious to see how he stands against seasoned pros in Chicago.
Nick Walker...I’ll have to look him up!