Training only 3 days a week full body…or…

Michael_grant

Michael_grant

Awards
I have recently dropped my training down from PPL/PPL - rest and repeat, so working out 6 days a week down to full body training only 3x per week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

It was annoying at first and kind of didn’t like the rest days, you know how it is. I felt a bit lazy and didn’t really know how to fill the time.

Now as the weights are going back up I’m glad of the rest days and have come to love the freedom it gives me plus the crazy desire for lifting days to come round again and being recovered enough to always lift heavy.

When I can no longer make strength gains regularly and stall out from increasing my weights every week or every other week, will I still make gains by sticking to the same basic exercises but reducing the weight and doing from a 5 sets of 5 to doing lighter weights and doing (as an example) 3 or 4 sets of 8-12 reps for the same exercises and concentrating on hypertrophy.

Does it really matter if I am still doing similar volume or would I be better off as a NATURAL LIFTER by going back to PPL 6 days a week as increased frequency might stimulate more protein synthesis and therefore more growth?

I know there is no one rule fits all as I’ve tried them all but please chime in with what you all think.

All advice will be helpful!!

Mikey