Training on a weekend shift?

QuadDominant

Awards
I am possibly getting a Job where I work 8pm-8am Thursday Night-Sunday Morning. It's also a 50 minute drive to and from so I don't think i will be able to train on the weekends. I
have no idea how to program my training.
Could I rotate training early one day and training Late the next for more Recovery in between sessions? I am open to ideas because I'm lost lol

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Brother..life will always throw in Curve Balls..
Just have to find a way to Navigate through them..
Life is chalked full of Challenges and Obstacles..that's just Life..!!
I'm sure there's some guys here making it work..Personally, I've been lucky..my career was a Mon thru Friday gig..
Z...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am possibly getting a Job where I work 8pm-8am Thursday Night-Sunday Morning. It's also a 50 minute drive to and from so I don't think i will be able to train on the weekends. I
have no idea how to program my training.
Could I rotate training early one day and training Late the next for more Recovery in between sessions? I am open to ideas because I'm lost lol
Are you powerlifting, or doing strongman, or what are you training for? Most powerlifters need to train 3-4 days a week and strongman 4-5 is most common due to the additional qualities needed for that sport.

Also, do you mean you are on shift from Thursday night through Sunday morning, or you work 8-8 each night Thurs, Fri, & Saturday?

I would be looking at a Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday training split or Sun/Mon/Wed/Thurs for 4 days. Easy peezy.