Unanswered Training in a commercial gym (sucks)

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Man I’m really struggling with my gym right now. It’s a small commercial gym. It’s the best I got right now. I’m the only one in there who lifts heavy and intense. There’s one other guy who benches like 225 on the smith machine LOL and that’s the closest thing to a comrade in iron I have. I’m in there pulling 5 plates for reps, and I swear to god, people stare at me. A lot of guys want to talk to me. When I’m training, I don’t want to talk. I have to focus and it’s like meditation..but it makes it fucking hard to get in the zone and it’s fucking up my training. And now, I actually got a job there, so I don’t wanna be an asshole, I need to be friendly with these assholes lol. I might have to ride my bike to the YMCA which is like a 30 minute ride (crashed my car awhile ago before I got sober) or train really early...cuz training is my therapy..I don’t know what’s so interesting to people about heavy weight lifting LOL. But apparently it’s rare in my area...
I guess I’m venting.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m with ya man,...I’m at a Golds and they have this 3 squat rack setup and they are all built in together....(hard to explain, looks cross-fit-ish...) So the people dropping weight or training with **** form and ego are distracting...the hours are shorter than my old golds gyms...Trying to get this gym to purchase a Trap bar has been fucking brutal...I could go on...

But yeah as for the focus and meditation etc, I’m right with ya...I’ve had to go the hoodie up and headphones route and sometimes not look at anyone between sets....You just have to set the vibe Brother & eventually some of those guys will pick up on it, like a domino effect.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I’m with ya man,...I’m at a Golds and they have this 3 squat rack setup and they are all built in together....(hard to explain, looks cross-fit-ish...) So the people dropping weight or training with **** form and ego are distracting...the hours are shorter than my old golds gyms...Trying to get this gym to purchase a Trap bar has been fucking brutal...I could go on...

But yeah as for the focus and meditation etc, I’m right with ya...I’ve had to go the hoodie up and headphones route and sometimes not look at anyone between sets....You just have to set the vibe Brother & eventually some of those guys will pick up on it, like a domino effect.
Word thanks bro. I think the fact that I’m working there now is the issue. Before I could care less. But Now people wanna constantly talk to me and **** and I can’t tell em to **** off cuz I love this job. I think I’ll go to the YMCA for awhile, it’ll be worth the bike ride. Today is legs so riding home after that will build some mental toughness LOL
Take care bro