Toremifene as trt alternative

dvr2470

Awards
I have a friend who has low testosterone and low LH and FSH. He has tried toremifene in the past and had great results from it. The problem is, he is 18 years old and after doing some research is uncomfortable with taking any actual hormones. I respect the guy for not wanting to do any hormones at his age so i decided to help him out with this post. So the question is, could toremifene be used long term as an alternative to TRT? Would its long term use cause any bad side effects other than the known short term side effects? Would there be any up-regulation of the estrogen receptor? What would happen if he were to take torem for a year and then stop? Would his estrogen be out of control? His stats: age:18 weight:210 bf%: 12 height: 6'2" thanks in advance!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a friend who has low testosterone and low LH and FSH. He has tried toremifene in the past and had great results from it. The problem is, he is 18 years old and after doing some research is uncomfortable with taking any actual hormones. I respect the guy for not wanting to do any hormones at his age so i decided to help him out with this post. So the question is, could toremifene be used long term as an alternative to TRT? Would its long term use cause any bad side effects other than the known short term side effects? Would there be any up-regulation of the estrogen receptor? What would happen if he were to take torem for a year and then stop? Would his estrogen be out of control? His stats: age:18 weight:210 bf%: 12 height: 6'2" thanks in advance!
Sounds like a bad idea. If his T are truly low enough to be a problem he should seek medical advice to address it.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
There is ZERO long term research on that stuff in men much less as use for hormone therapy. Clomid at least has scientific studies behind it showing it works.

dvr2470

Awards
Sounds like a bad idea. If his T are truly low enough to be a problem he should seek medical advice to address it.
Thanks for your input but he has and was suggested to have testosterone replacement therapy. But as I said before, he would rather not mess around with hormones at his age. He had bloodwork done before and after his torem usage and he got his test levels up to normal after 2 weeks.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your input but he has and was suggested to have testosterone replacement therapy. But as I said before, he would rather not mess around with hormones at his age. He had bloodwork done before and after his torem usage and he got his test levels up to normal after 2 weeks.
Your friend is an idiot. He would rather use a drug that has no testing done in males than the doctors recommendation of TRT. Here is a list of side effects, also keep in mind that this is in women and can be much different in men (very possibly worse).

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/toremifene-side-effects.html

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Well he IS messing with his hormones with toremifene. He knows even less about it than doctors who prescribe it...he has a choice of finding the source of the problem or masking it with drugs.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Tell him to find a good endo. There's gotta be a reason to low t at 18yo. Maybe pm matrix for assistance with that he seems to have a good network of drs.

lboston

lboston

Awards
He's certainly messing with hormones using this drug. I'm guessing this is not: was not done under doctor supervision given the fact I've never hear of this drug being prescribed in males. Clomid is a different story.

He needs to take the time, which may include multiple trips to various docs, to find a doc that will listen to his concerns and utilize a possible
Clomid protocol.

Skip the endos and find a urologist that specializes in male infertility. That'll be your/ his best bet. Hands down.