Tongkat Ali - 5 days on 2 days off?

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered the 10% extract Tongkat from Nootropics Depot.
I was reading people doing 5 days on 2 days off. What's the reasonning behind this? Is it backed by science or are people just doing this anecdotally? Wouldn't that spike your test up and down for no reason?

What is the longest someone can run Tongkat Ali without a break?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know about the science behind it but I personally dose TKA Mon -Fri and take the
weekends off because when I dose it everyday I notice the libido effects tend to taper off
after about week 3 to 4. I like dosing it for 12 weeks then take at least 4 weeks off before
going back on it and again. I also notice that when I take the weekends off the libido effects
on off days is still strong but again this info is from MY experience and you'll get people
saying you should take it everyday so again everyone's experience is gonna be different so
you'll get different responses from others.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does anyone bear with the nasty after taste with the 10% though? And whats the best dosage? When I took 1 pill a day it makes me slightly tired sometimes though frm ND. I hear the 10% supposed to give u energy, I got a lil tired from it the first 4 days I took it, just taking it by itself with no other supps.

-RONIN-

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How does anyone bear with the nasty after taste with the 10% though? And whats the best dosage? When I took 1 pill a day it makes me slightly tired sometimes though frm ND. I hear the 10% supposed to give u energy, I got a lil tired from it the first 4 days I took it, just taking it by itself with no other supps.
It made me tired aswell, i think is something related to cortisol as it make me feel the same way that when i take cortisol reducers supps...i yake it with dinner or before bed and no problem since...better sleep too.

More potent extract, more tired i feel if i take during the day.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It made me tired aswell, i think is something related to cortisol as it make me feel the same way that when i take cortisol reducers supps...i yake it with dinner or before bed and no problem since...better sleep too.

More potent extract, more tired i feel if i take during the day.
Wasnt tired all day just for the first 2 hrs. But I do seem to have a harder time sleeping on it.

Oswizle

Awards
I took the 10% from ND for 16 weeks.... made me sleepy as hell... I took it at night b4 bed and also notice the effects taper off around few months in

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just ordered the 10% extract Tongkat from Nootropics Depot.
I was reading people doing 5 days on 2 days off. What's the reasonning behind this? Is it backed by science or are people just doing this anecdotally? Wouldn't that spike your test up and down for no reason?

What is the longest someone can run Tongkat Ali without a break?
From what I’ve read, doing a 5 on and 2 off approach helps to maintain the benefits of the Tongkat. Almost like there is a tolerance issue.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
most likely, You'll still be able to notice benefits doing this while being able to run the product longer. I've done this w/ supps before

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
has anyone try tonvaras? It is a pretty high dose at 1200mg and has 2.4% eurycoma

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
has anyone try tonvaras? It is a pretty high dose at 1200mg and has 2.4% eurycoma
I’ve been curious about Tonvara. They had a high potency ginseng extract I wanted to try but never got around to.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats the recommended dosage for the 10% extract, 100mg or 200mg?