Tom Cruise interview with Matt Lauer

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching that clip again only further demonstrates in my mind how Tom Cruise has truly become an absolute freak.........

The man needs some serious help. Wow!!

I'll be over in clearwater FL tomorrow with all his scientology buddies.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah he's been saying some crazy stuff lately, huh? I haven't written him off completely because of how he handled himself wrt being sprayed in the face with water. They say the true measure of a man is how he handles himself in a crisis situation and I think he handled himself VERY well. I gotta tell you, had it been me, there would've been a melee and I may have been arrested.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah he's been saying some crazy stuff lately, huh? I haven't written him off completely because of how he handled himself wrt being sprayed in the face with water. They say the true measure of a man is how he handles himself in a crisis situation and I think he handled himself VERY well. I gotta tell you, had it been me, there would've been a melee and I may have been arrested.
I can understand that. His behavior is often so erratic and bizzare though. All of which is very consistent with psych disorder. I mean how do you go from being "top gun tom" to "super freak"! :blink:.......crazy man.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LOL. He handled himself horribly in that spray in the face with water situation.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I think Tom Cruise likes being sprayed in the face if you catch my drift.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why the hate?. He is a great actor. I agree with him about prescription drugs and Psychiatry. The only reason people think he is crazy is because the media says he is. Monkey see monkey do...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Why the hate?. He is a great actor. I agree with him about prescription drugs and Psychiatry. The only reason people think he is crazy is because the media says he is. Monkey see monkey do...
Holy sh*t. Have you seen how this guy conducts himself, he is completely out of his mind. He's into scientology, that says a lot.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Tom Cruise probably suffers from some type of mental disorder. His views/interactions with people are not normal.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy sh*t. Have you seen how this guy conducts himself, he is completely out of his mind. He's into scientology, that says a lot.

Well the scientology thing I definitely don't agree with, but I don't think he is nut just because the media says he is.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Well the scientology thing I definitely don't agree with, but I don't think he is nut just because the media says he is.
I don't listen to a god damn thing the media says. I think he's a nut because of how he acts and what he says. Let me pull up a few clips and see if you don't change your mind.
The guy is a complete psycho, listen to this moron.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't listen to a god damn thing the media says. I think he's a nut because of how he acts and what he says. Let me pull up a few clips and see if you don't change your mind.
The guy is a complete psycho, listen to this moron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2_rZIgrQI

Looks like a bunch of clips just put together to make him look bad. It really makes scientology look bad, not Tom Cruise. Sure he's an idiot for believing in that crap, but I wouldn't say he is "crazy".

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Please explain.
He got overly upset about a stupid little prank. I would've laughed if someone did that to me. Why would that anger someone so much? That was one of his better performances recently though. Did you watch the clip Reaper provided? Watch the scientology clip I just posted. The guy is gone, he doesn't even make any sense.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm so glad that the Opera clip was put here. Reps.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He got overly upset about a stupid little prank. I would've laughed if someone did that to me. Why would that anger someone so much? That was one of his better performances recently though. Did you watch the clip Reaper provided? Watch the scientology clip I just posted. The guy is gone, he doesn't even make any sense.

It doesn't make sense because of the way the video was edited or "cut". It was posted on youtube with the intention of making Tom Cruise look like an idiot. It wasn't a complete interview, you couldn't even hear any questions being asked.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a bunch of clips just put together to make him look bad. It really makes scientology look bad, not Tom Cruise. Sure he's an idiot for believing in that crap, but I wouldn't say he is "crazy".
Their is no conspiracy theory to make Tom Cruise look bad, he's doing it all on his own. He was being interviewed about scientology, I'm pretty sure the media didn't make him say all that stupid sh*t, nor did they make him act like a complete weirdo. Why would scientology look bad and not him when he is promoting scientology as much as possible? Is he not responsible for his beliefs and the way he acts? Hey, I liked him in movies when I was a kid too, but he's a psycho now, not really debatable.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Tom Cruise becomes almost a psychopath when someone questions scientology. There have been OTHER religions that have taken criticism other than Scientology. The thing is members of Scientology plus Tom Cruise act like a psychopath when questioned about it.

I'm not exactly sure why Tom has to get so defensive and 'insane' for a lack of better words when someone attacks Scientology.

If he and other members of Scientology actually acted like civil adults and discussed their views in a professional manner then they'd probably get more respect. Tom didn't handle himself very well on Matt Lauer. The more and more he acts like a lunatic instead of a mature adult, the less and less respect he seems to get.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Their is no conspiracy theory to make Tom Cruise look bad, he's doing it all on his own. He was being interviewed about scientology, I'm pretty sure the media didn't make him say all that stupid sh*t, nor did they make him act like a complete weirdo. Why would scientology look bad and not him when he is promoting scientology as much as possible? Is he not responsible for his beliefs and the way he acts? Hey, I liked him in movies when I was a kid too, but he's a psycho now, not really debatable.

He may have bought into Scientology at a younger age, being neive. So just because he beilieves in it doesn't make him crazy, it is just he was young a neive(sp?). Now maybe he is trying to explain it to others and he just has really hard time explaning things. I think of those scientologists as a cult, so no I don't think it makes him look bad, just Scientology. He is in a cult and he just doesn't know it. He has been brainwashed by their beliefs....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Tom Cruise becomes almost a psychopath when someone questions scientology. There have been OTHER religions that have taken criticism other than Scientology. The thing is members of Scientology plus Tom Cruise act like a psychopath when questioned about it.

I'm not exactly sure why Tom has to get so defensive and 'insane' for a lack of better words when someone attacks Scientology.

If he and other members of Scientology actually acted like civil adults and discussed their views in a professional manner then they'd probably get more respect. Tom didn't handle himself very well on Matt Lauer. The more and more he acts like a lunatic instead of a mature adult, the less and less respect he seems to get.
Let me clear some things up for you. Scientologists act like pshychopaths when questioned because they know their sh*t makes no sense and they get defensive like a little kid. By nature you're a psychopath if you're a scientologist.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Right, so it is not him really, its this cult of Scientology that he "belongs" to....

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He may have bought into Scientology at a younger age, being neive. So just because he beilieves in it doesn't make him crazy, it is just he was young a neive(sp?). Now maybe he is trying to explain it to others and he just has really hard time explaning things. I think of those scientologists as a cult, so no I don't think it makes him look bad, just Scientology. He is in a cult and he just doesn't know it. He has been brainwashed by their beliefs....
He's responsible for brainwashing himself. He wasn't introduced to scientology until he was much older. Even if he had been introduced to it at a young age he would still be a psycho, but in that case I would feel bad for him.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There are some other crazy ass videos on youtube about other scientologist. They have some type of pre-disposition to be crazy. Tom Cruise is no exception.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
There are some other crazy ass videos on youtube about other scientologist. They have some type of pre-disposition to be crazy. Tom Cruise is no exception.
Imagine that, crazy people would be attracted to a crazy belief system. It's not the other way around.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really hate the fact that he was one of the main protagonists in The Last Samurai. That is one of my favorite movies, but I hate that he was the lead.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LOL at T-bone in this thread. He said he agrees with some of Tom Cruise's beliefs, hilarious. Then he says Cruise is not a psycho, when he realizes he's losing that battle he claims Cruise is not responsible for his beliefs/pyschobabble. Get a grip, Bro.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
while drugs aren't the end all, the idea that Tom and other scientologist try to push about not using anti-depressants at all is very wreckless.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I see what you're saying, A. But I believe a great number of people would've become VERY angry and possibly violent if put in the same position. Whattya think E-Fed would've done? I can't imagine being cool with a stranger squirting some kind of liquid in my face. It's just disrespectful. So, guessing how I may have handled it and then seeing how he handled it makes me respect him. I stand by that. I don't give a sh!t what he has to say about his religion or anything else for that matter. I don't look to him for any answers.

Yeah, but I think Tom Cruise likes being sprayed in the face if you catch my drift.
Ha! If pressed to guess, I would think that he prefers to be the sprayer. Y'know the "Little Man" complex and all?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I see what you're saying, A. But I believe a great number of people would've become VERY angry and possibly violent if put in the same position. Whattya think E-Fed would've done? I can't imagine being cool with a stranger squirting some kind of liquid in my face. It's just disrespectful. So, guessing how I may have handled it and then seeing how he handled it makes me respect him. I stand by that. I don't give a sh!t what he has to say about his religion or anything else for that matter. I don't look to him for any answers.

Ha! If pressed to guess, I would think that he prefers to be the sprayer. Y'know the "Little Man" complex and all?
No disrespect Bionic, but I think anyone that would get extemely mad over something like that takes themself too seriously. I don't think E-Fed(what an awful nickname) would get angry at all, he's extremely laid back, except in the ring. I don't understand why you would respect him for what you consider good behavior, but not lose respect for him when he behaves badly. He doesn't even listen to what anyone has to say, he just crazily argues his points. He was extremely disrespectful to Lauer, Shields, and many others that oppose anything he has to say. Seems like you're looking up to him for what you consider good behavior, but looking away when he behaves badly.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No disrespect Bionic, but I think anyone that would get extemely mad over something like that takes themself too seriously. I don't think E-Fed(what an awful nickname) would get angry at all, he's extremely laid back, except in the ring. I don't understand why you would respect him for what you consider good behavior, but not lose respect for him when he behaves badly. He doesn't even listen to what anyone has to say, he just crazily argues his points. He was extremely disrespectful to Lauer, Shields, and many others that oppose anything he has to say. Seems like you're looking up to him for what you consider good behavior, but looking away when he behaves badly.

Not one person seems to care about this as much as you Alex. I gave my opinion and so has Bionic, but you keep pressing the issue almost like you have some sort of personal vendeta against the man that you don't even know personally.....

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Tom Cruise is short. I'm asian, and even I'm taller than him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Not one person seems to care about this as much as you Alex. I gave my opinion and so has Bionic, but you keep pressing the issue almost like you have some sort of personal vendeta against the man that you don't even know personally.....
How could you possibly justify me caring about this anymore than yourself. I stated my opinion, you stated yours, we went back and forth, period. It's really a weak attempt to make me look bad, when you've made a fool of yourself in this thread, but that's nothing new for you. Why would I have to know him personally to have a problem with the ridiculous stuff he stands for. In your world I guess no one can have a problem with anyone unless they know them personally. That's just plain stupid. Seriously, you said a lot of stupid stuff in this thread, you should just be quiet. You said you agree with his stance on psychiatry and drugs, that's really idiotic. You said he's not a psycho, when that didn't work out you said he's not responsible for being a psycho, when that didn't work out you went really pathetic saying I care too much about the topic. Go sit in the corner.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
None taken, A! I want to re-iterate that it's not what he "says" so much as what he "does/did" that I respect. You hit the nail right on the head because he does take himself too seriously. I've never worked with him but I've worked with others like him and they have people kissing their ass all-the-live-long-day telling them how awesome and smart they are. They really believe it after a while which leads them to say some really dumb sh1t.
I never said that I didn't lose respect for him after all of the crap that he said. I just never really had any kind of faith/respect for him as a leader of a cult/religion or as an anti-psychiatric drug advocate or anything other than him being an actor. I couldn't lose what I never had. This all became a problem when the media started to actually pay attention to what actors and models had to say. Just stand there and look pretty!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
None taken, A! I want to re-iterate that it's not what he "says" so much as what he "does/did" that I respect. You hit the nail right on the head because he does take himself too seriously. I've never worked with him but I've worked with others like him and they have people kissing their ass all-the-live-long-day telling them how awesome and smart they are. They really believe it after a while which leads them to say some really dumb sh1t.
I never said that I didn't lose respect for him after all of the crap that he said. I just never really had any kind of faith/respect for him as a leader of a cult/religion or as an anti-psychiatric drug advocate or anything other than him being an actor. I couldn't lose what I never had. This all became a problem when the media started to actually pay attention to what actors and models had to say. Just stand there and look pretty!!!
Right on, B. I understand where you're coming from and that all made sense. Are you really 6'6" 250? Had no idea you were that tall.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man. It's both a blessing and a curse. LOL!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man. It's both a blessing and a curse. LOL!
Yeah, it's somewhat difficult to be entirely coordinated at that height, but if you can, the height is usually an advantage. Did you ball seriously at all? You're from one of the burroughs, right? If so, tough not to ball growing up there.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's somewhat difficult to be entirely coordinated at that height, but if you can, the height is usually an advantage. Did you ball seriously at all? You're from one of the burroughs, right? If so, tough not to ball growing up there.
I have the scars that prove you to be correct! But I think and have been told that I have good propotions so I grew to be more co-ordinated. I was a late bloomer but when the growth started happening, I was clumbsy as all get out. I would go to reach for something but over-extend and knock it over. Things like that. It took a little while for me to get in the groove, so to speak.
Yeah, I grew up in the Bronx but the majority of the kids my age were short Latinos so not too much basketball but lots of baseball and football. I never really like bball and I think that had to do with EVERYONE asking me if I played or telling me that I should. HAHA! I mean really, you don't ask a short guy if he's into miniature golf. Oh yeah and guess who's always on everyone's speed-dial when they need to move?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I have the scars that prove you to be correct! But I think and have been told that I have good propotions so I grew to be more co-ordinated. I was a late bloomer but when the growth started happening, I was clumbsy as all get out. I would go to reach for something but over-extend and knock it over. Things like that. It took a little while for me to get in the groove, so to speak.
Yeah, I grew up in the Bronx but the majority of the kids my age were short Latinos so not too much basketball but lots of baseball and football. I never really like bball and I think that had to do with EVERYONE asking me if I played or telling me that I should. HAHA! I mean really, you don't ask a short guy if he's into miniature golf. Oh yeah and guess who's always on everyone's speed-dial when they need to move?
lol at the mini golf. I do ask short people if they're jockeys, but only if they seem to have a napolean complex. I'm not tall, but I went from 5'0" sophomore year in HS to a shade under 6'1" by junior year. I was semi retarded for about a year, but it didn't take that long to acclamate. All my tall friends are incredibly goofy, so consider yourself lucky to have good coordination.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I found strange that might be a valid cause for anyone to make a judgment on the man (based on the matt/ritalin clip) is that for someone who has lived half his life learning how to make a tactful and tasteful impression with the media, and for someone who claims to adamantly support a drug free lifestyle, his behavior was cocky and boisterous enough for one to reasonably suspect he was high.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
lol at the mini golf. I do ask short people if they're jockeys, but only if they seem to have a napolean complex. I'm not tall, but I went from 5'0" sophomore year in HS to a shade under 6'1" by junior year. I was semi retarded for about a year, but it didn't take that long to acclamate. All my tall friends are incredibly goofy, so consider yourself lucky to have good coordination.
You were 5'0'' your sophomore year? :lol: I was my freshman year, but finally got to 5'7'' by the start of sophomore year. I think I was actually 5' 10'' 125 at one point. :lol: I was lifting too, but only bench and biceps so I had a big chest (relatively speaking) and hardly anything else. :lol:

Dang Bionic, I would have guess you were more like 6'' 205-210. You're a big guy.