Answered Toenail Fungus Treatment?

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm not really sure where to post this but I figured I'd just post it here and see if anybody has any tips for treating this.

I've had it for a couple of years on one of my smaller toenails. I had a doctor prescribe me something that he said would most likely really hurt my kidneys or my liver I can't remember. But he said majority of people that took this medication ended up having internal issues It was that strong.

so I'd rather go more of a holistic approach if there is one but if anyone has any tips tricks or home remedies for treating it that it's actually worked I'd love to hear them.

TIA

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ll-37. As per Carl Lanore's recommendations.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^^ this and/or vapor rub. Apply either to a clean nail 2-3x’s a day.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Black seed oil cured my wife’s. Madre Nature brand. She rub directly on as well as consuming.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pick up some Lotramine cream, mix with DSMO and apply to nail daily.

Bignick31985

Awards
Had a similar issue at the base of the nail. I just had it removed because it was barely attached to the nail bed. My other big toenail is doing the same. Old ones growing out, new one underneath. Just letting that one ride lol.

Doc told me I had to have the first one pulled. It had an odor of infection and a yellow tint to it.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the medication called Terbinafine? My friend has got pretty bad fungal nail issues and he got prescribed terbinafine and his nails are like new again after 6 month. He has to take the medication for a year and he also needs blood test at the 6 month marker to see how his liver is coping with them. He had his blood sample 3 weeks ago and everything was perfect.

If it wasn't that medication you used. You should ask? It's worker wonders for him and he tried EVERY other treatment their is from creams to anti fungals etc etc

Worth an ask

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had terbinafine years ago, never did me any harm and cured the nails but my big toe is fubared now from the trauma. Dont let it get too bad before dealing with it

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you could incorporate nightly foot soaks with something like this
Screenshot_20190725-140825_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Apple cider vinegar in a foot bath could work. I would suspect tee tree oil and the lotramine/dmso could work.

If it were me and you wanted to go all out, fill a container with skme water and ACV. Apply DMSO directly to the nail, wait a minute, soak the foot for some time. Then after you dry it, apply the tea tree oil. No experience here...just thinking out loud haha.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried laser treatment...was not the most fun experience and did absolutely jack. I had tried a number of things previously, back to trying terbinafine.

will try incorporating some tea tree oil. I have tinea versicolor too, applying Salvo based products proved to combat that pretty well. I thought about applying some salvo to my toes...maybe will give that a try too

nãomiguel

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its working! Just thought if chine in with that as I tried steroid creams and lotrimin and all that stuff and this above al is actually looking like its working! Killer!
neem oil should also help

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ty much. Will keep in mind if progress halts at some point
Progress will not halt. Tea tree oil delivers. You have to wait until nail has grown out. Use undiluted daily for about 2 weeks, after that only discolored nail remains but fungus is dead. On other body parts, I mix tea tree oil with coconut oil, 70/30. Works fairly well on acne and seborrhea.
The absolute best against fungus is bleach, works 100% -but causes DNA damage.