To TRT or not to TRT?

Srr1000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
First, I’ll apologize because I’m sure this question has been asked numerous times, but my computer crapped out and it’s a huge pain to search via mobile.

I’m 37 and just got some bloods back. My serum testosterone is @ 253 and free/T is @ 13.5.

I know it’s a personal decision, but any opinions/experiences are welcome from those currently or have been on TRT.

Thanks

Srr1000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yea, briefly. That was before they took blood. Asked for my levels to be checked due to how run down I’ve been etc. It’s something he wants to talk to me about in a couple weeks. Everything else was fine aside from the T levels and a slightly elevated WBC count.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever did any steroids in your life? How many times did you have it checked? How is your diet and do you exercise daily?

Srr1000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Couple PH cycles. Couple SARM cycles, and a 500 test E cycle. Always Had proper ancillaries and always PCT’d correctly. Been a while since I’ve taken anything. Diets pretty good. IMF eating habit. Exercise could be better. Had a pretty severe chest infection, but been back at it little by little with stuff at home kettle bells mostly and light cardio as my breathing gets better over time.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Couple PH cycles. Couple SARM cycles, and a 500 test E cycle. Always Had proper ancillaries and always PCT’d correctly. Been a while since I’ve taken anything. Diets pretty good. IMF eating habit. Exercise could be better. Had a pretty severe chest infection, but been back at it little by little with stuff at home kettle bells mostly and light cardio as my breathing gets better over time.
Gotcha you may never of fully recovered I know I dident and been on trt since. I would wait a month and retest and see what the numbers are if still low talk to your doc about being put on trt. Try and get your endo to prescribe it over a trt clinic.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Of course to trt.. why would you want to live your life with half the energy a regular man has? You don’t know yet because you’re used to how you feel but trust me 3-4 weeks into trt you’ll feel like a new man. My levels were similar to yours (a bit better) and when trt hit me I actually became emotional because I realized how fucking terrible I felt this whole time without even realizing it. The body is strong and adapt to mostly anything. Doesn’t mean you don’t deserve better. I was a new man. 5 times the energy I used to. More focus, more confident, sex drive and libido insanely boosted. Do I look like I’m selling you something?

RockyP

Awards
First, I’ll apologize because I’m sure this question has been asked numerous times, but my computer crapped out and it’s a huge pain to search via mobile.

I’m 37 and just got some bloods back. My serum testosterone is @ 253 and free/T is @ 13.5.

I know it’s a personal decision, but any opinions/experiences are welcome from those currently or have been on TRT.

Thanks
I was on trt for 5 years. Then got off and went on clomid and my testosterone is around 600 and I am 54 y.o. I probably should have gotten on clomid from the get go. I would try something like that 1st, then if it doesn't work you can go for that.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m 41 and in week 10 of my trt. Exactly what @Mathb33 said.
at week 4 I started to feel better. By week 8 you feel reborn
Meaning more vitality, able to set short daily goals and benchmarks (like when I was in college). My energy is better and workouts and diet are actually showing results. In the past when I would try to diet down I’d loose muscle first and hold fat. I am now starting to see my body change this last week.
But more than the physical changes or motivation. I have seen a mental change that is like waking up from a groggy sleep deprived fog. This more than anything , for me, is worth it you really do feel emotional about it. I have apologized to my wife a few times for how much lack of motivation and lack of drive and ability I have had for about 5 years

I never did steroids or Pro hormones. My test was at 260 and now I’m at 971.
Do it for 12 weeks and if you don’t see a drastic change call it a cycle and pct off correctly, no harm no foul

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea, briefly. That was before they took blood. Asked for my levels to be checked due to how run down I’ve been etc. It’s something he wants to talk to me about in a couple weeks. Everything else was fine aside from the T levels and a slightly elevated WBC count.
if you decide on trt keep a close eye on rbc....did they tell you why wbc is elevated?

Srr1000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the input. My Dr. didn’t say much about the WBC. He said I shouldn’t worry as it’s not crazy elevated. Could be stress etc. and will be rechecked in a couple weeks along with test.

Clomid doesn’t/didn’t seem to agree with me. Always used torem or nolva. But possibly giving it another go might be an option. At only 37 and low already I wouldn’t want to have it just keep on dipping as I get older. We’ll see where I’m at during my follow up. In the meantime I’ll try more KSM 66. Not betting on it, but interested to see if bumps it up. I like the stuff anyway.

Ironically, I was thinning out my closet today and came across a bottle of dragon test 400E. Omen? Lol.

Thanks all

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thanks
I was 30 when I started and don't regret it. I had been clean for a long time and my serum levels were 100ng/mL. You could try a round of SERM but if your HPTA is already broken you might not have much luck.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Of course to trt.. why would you want to live your life with half the energy a regular man has? You don’t know yet because you’re used to how you feel but trust me 3-4 weeks into trt you’ll feel like a new man. My levels were similar to yours (a bit better) and when trt hit me I actually became emotional because I realized how fucking terrible I felt this whole time without even realizing it. The body is strong and adapt to mostly anything. Doesn’t mean you don’t deserve better. I was a new man. 5 times the energy I used to. More focus, more confident, sex drive and libido insanely boosted. Do I look like I’m selling you something?
100% THIS!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was 30 when I started and don't regret it. I had been clean for a long time and my serum levels were 100ng/mL. You could try a round of SERM but if your HPTA is already broken you might not have much luck.
i didn't start trt until 49, will be 62 next month....i don't regret it at all, but after 12 years it has become old hat.

tell me if you have any regrets in 32 years when you are my age.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i didn't start trt until 49, will be 62 next month....i don't regret it at all, but after 12 years it has become old hat.

tell me if you have any regrets in 32 years when you are my age.
I have a busted pituitary from impact trauma. Does it get old sure but I wasn't left with any options. Decisions have consequences, both good and bad so no need to dwell on it. Accept your decisions and move on.

OP, in the end you'll get lots of opinions but this is a personal choice that only you can decide is right for you. For me, living like a eunich at 30 wasn't living. It was not dying slowly.

Srr1000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yep, said that in my into. My decision to make. Was just looking for feedback from those on, or were on. Minds made up. Least I won’t ever have to PCT anymore! I also had a pretty traumatic head injury. Was in my late 20’s. Thanks all. I appreciate the insight.

One more question and I’m set. HCG. Should I want kids. Is this something that can be thrown in at any point if and when that day comes? Or something to use continually?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep, said that in my into. My decision to make. Was just looking for feedback from those on, or were on. Minds made up. Least I won’t ever have to PCT anymore! I also had a pretty traumatic head injury. Was in my late 20’s. Thanks all. I appreciate the insight.

One more question and I’m set. HCG. Should I want kids. Is this something that can be thrown in at any point if and when that day comes? Or something to use continually?
Meh this is another debate haha I’ve seen some doctors have their client on low dose hcg weekly to avoid atrophy. To me it’s silly. I wouldn’t and I’d get on a big hcg protocol when the decision to have kid was made. See with your doctor

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another option is freezing sperm before starting. Hcg is kinda hit and miss depending on how well you respond. I've been using it off and on for 14 years and had 3 girls on TRT. None of them were planned so nothing specific I did ensured fertility.

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have a busted pituitary from impact trauma. Does it get old sure but I wasn't left with any options. Decisions have consequences, both good and bad so no need to dwell on it. Accept your decisions and move on.

OP, in the end you'll get lots of opinions but this is a personal choice that only you can decide is right for you. For me, living like a eunich at 30 wasn't living. It was not dying slowly.
Does your pituitary still release HGH? Or do you find you need a replacement dose of GH aswell?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Not much for sure. My IGF levels are super low. I likely need HGH replacement too but they won't prescribe it.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’m on hcg. Just a low dose. Without it ejaculate volume was low and orgasms felt like something missing

like the idea of freezing sperm. Insurance. If you want a family in the future you will really want kids and then to perhaps not be able to would be a regret I know I wouldn’t want. I’ve got 3 and they are easily the best decision I’ve made, second only to getting married. :)