TNF inhibitors

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to put it. I'm looking for any input on TNF inhibitors and their effect on muscle growth/bodybuilding. My doctor wants me on Humira for psoriasis/psoratic arthritis but I am reluctant to take it due to its possible negative side effects on my passion that is most important to me (bodybuilding).

Does anyone here take it?
what are the risks

3GMac

Awards
I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to put it. I'm looking for any input on TNF inhibitors and their effect on muscle growth/bodybuilding. My doctor wants me on Humira for psoriasis/psoratic arthritis but I am reluctant to take it due to its possible negative side effects on my passion that is most important to me (bodybuilding).

Does anyone here take it?
what are the risks
I have been on Remicade to control my UC for 12 years, and have no problems going to the gym 5 days a week. I also have done many cycles of pro hormones and sarms. The only draw back is cortisol levels tend to be higher thus getting that last couple of pounds off in a cut is harder. So get on that humira and hopefully it will make your life less painful. Being on Remicade is a god send.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I have been on Remicade to control my UC for 12 years, and have no problems going to the gym 5 days a week. I also have done many cycles of pro hormones and sarms. The only draw back is cortisol levels tend to be higher thus getting that last couple of pounds off in a cut is harder. So get on that humira and hopefully it will make your life less painful. Being on Remicade is a god send.
Thank you. I'm natural right now it might be different for me. We'll see. Thanks for the input

3GMac

Awards
Thank you. I'm natural right now it might be different for me. We'll see. Thanks for the input
I wouldn't start messing around with anything until you see how it's going to work for you anyway. Hard work sleep and a clean diet is the best way to go.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TNF's are some of the most well studied drugs for autoimmune diseases. Globally, there are over a million people currently on humira with over 100 clinical trials. There is evidence that cancer or cardiovascular risk factors are higher in people with auto immune disorders who are untreated.

That being said, I would wholeheartedly look at your diet and lifestyle to eliminate any and everything that causes inflammation in your body. Focus on omega 6,3 ratio, gut health, stress managment, and sleep quality.

Are you already on a dmard like methotrexate?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
TNF's are some of the most well studied drugs for autoimmune diseases. Humira has over a MILLION people on it world wide with over 100 clinical trials over 20 years. There is evidence that cancer or cardiovascular risk factors are higher in people who are untreated.

That being said, I would wholeheartedly look at your diet and lifestyle to eliminate any and everything that causes inflammation in your body. Focus on omega 6,3 ratio, gut health, and stress managment, sleep quality.

Are you already on a dmard like methotrexate?
I am not on anything yet. I think my doc wants me to take only Humira one injection once a week.

My diet is extremely clean

Veggies, fruits and organic white rice(when/if I eat carbs), ground turkey, chicken, whey protein. No red meat and right now I'm in keto with an occasional cheat meal. I also take fish oil and multi v everyday

The reason my doc wants me on Humira is becausr I have had untreated skin psoriasis for about 7 years now and just recently I have started having joint issues in my toes which he thinks is psoriatic arthritis forming in my joints. The 4th digit of my left toe is obviously swollen compared to the others.

http://m.ajpcell.physiology.org/content/285/2/C370

This is the study that caused me to be concerned about bodybuilding and taking a TNF inhibitor

Being a natural lifter I already have a hard enough time building muscle.

Thank you for your input

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In regards to the study you posted, I wouldn't be concerned from a muscle building standpoint because humira isn't going to block all the TNfa in you body. Just try to normalize it. Inflammation has its place and is important for signaling healing and repair. But chronic systemic inflammation like your have with an autoimmune disorder is what, imo, would really be hindering your ability to perform at your highest level. THEmatrix would love your input here

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
In regards to the study you posted, I wouldn't be concerned from a muscle building standpoint because humira isn't going to block all the TNfa in you body. Just try to normalize it. Inflammation has its place and is important for signaling healing and repair. But chronic systemic inflammation like your have with an autoimmune disorder is what, imo, would really be hindering your ability to perform at your highest level. THEmatrix would love your input here
Thank you Thor. That gives me a peace of mind so far.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Came across this and found it interesting. I know boron improves free test.
Hockeyaus33 you should try supplementing with borax or boron + magnesium and see if you have any symptom improvements

http://howirecovered.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/borax.pdf
Got any supplement recommendations that has those ingredients?

Is boron + magnesium a sufficient substitute for borax?

I'm thinking Black Lion Research Viron

but that has boron citrate. Would that suffice?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know anything about the other Ingredient in viron.

Boron and magnesium are both quite cheap supplements. Try amazon.