Tired after workout (dead tired)

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
I am one of those people who has a hard time doing things without going 100%. I am 45 on TRT and currently some peptides (does not do that much). As I had a period of non training (4 months) after 7 years of non stop training last year I got fat. Before I have had years of training too but with a much longer break in between. So the last 5 months I have been training hard 3x times a week a full body program. I workout at home as I got my own gym with powerrack, lat pully, captains chair ect.

Now I lost all the fat and abs are showing again but after my workouts I am quite tired. Mentally and physically. The training was set up for fat loss.

Trap bar deadlift and shoulder press (first exercise one then without pause exercise two then a pause and when I breathe normal again after some time i go again). 4 sets 8 for 150 KG and 4 sets of 10 with 50 kg for the shoulder press. Because blood has to flow from one muscle to the other it taxes the cardio vascular system a lot so I am panting like crazy in between sets. I am always close to failure.

Bench press / lat pully (same as described before 4 sets of 10 ad 110 kg and 4 sets of 12 at 120 kg)

Weighted dips / biceps curl ( 4 sets of 10 with 50 kg added weight and 4 sets of 10 with 35 kg)

Then abs

Now I am wondering if I am pushing myself too hard because all these exercises are close to faillure and I am going up in weight almost every week.

Once done it really takes me one hour or more to get back to normal.

Am I pushing too hard and would going a bit lighter help (maybe 1 or 2 hard days a week and the 3rd day light).

I have done starting strength, normal bro splits and others this just suited me for the fat burn and speed.

Just wondering if pushing less hard means less effects or not. Having said this I don't think I can gain much muscle anymore as I am quite muscular already and over the years I gain maybe 1 or 2 kg a year in muscle. Is there even sense then to push myself this hard.

Just worry I am wrecking myself, already took a deload twice but at times I start to feel less motivated as the sessions are so hard. Its mainly being out of breathe during the session (mainly from the first pair of exercises)

Maybe its time to go to bro split as it has less compounds on a day then in this program.

I would be pushing around 19000 kg during a session

Weight 93 kg and height 180cm say 204 lbs and 6ft

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most likely adrenal glands. I get the shakes after I train, same issue. I supplement with hydrocortisone and it usually helps with this.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Take a week off of the gym.

Dutch guy in asia

Dutch guy in asia

Awards
Most likely adrenal glands. I get the shakes after I train, same issue. I supplement with hydrocortisone and it usually helps with this.
Not really the shakes but mental fatigue combined with tired of the body. Not what I normally had with the bro split. I must admit been pushing hard. I am a all or nothing kind of guy. I am trying to slow down a bit some days.

It takes like 2-3 hours before i can really think at normal capacity and until my body feels less tired. Never had this with other programs.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really the shakes but mental fatigue combined with tired of the body. Not what I normally had with the bro split. I must admit been pushing hard. I am a all or nothing kind of guy. I am trying to slow down a bit some days.

It takes like 2-3 hours before i can really think at normal capacity and until my body feels less tired. Never had this with other programs.
Oh I just meant that our issues are linked. It's CNS burnout. You can look into supplementing your adrenals with hydrocortisone or isocort. Works wonders for the CNS.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don’t take a week off, just deload as in go lighter. Less reps, sets, and weight. Move through the movements but use this time to focus on form. Even when I deload athletes and regular adults I rarely give them a week completely off. Often times I have them work though the movements at a lighter weight and then the following week I give them a new workout