Time for TRT

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys.. little background, 34 years old and been experiencing what I thought was low T symptoms for a few years now. Finally had the doc do some tests this week and got my results. Total test was 229 (ref 264-916) and Free T was 8.6 (ref 8.7-25.1). She didn't do LH/FSH/Estradiol but I just wanted this as a baseline to see if I should be pursuing further, which obviously I should. I've ran a few andro cycles, and 1 var/TD test cycle a few years ago. I've always done a proper PCT.

I live in NY on Long Island. Anyone have good doc recommendations or the best telemedicine clinic? Fertility isn't an issue, my wife and I have 2 kids and aren't planning on any more. I'd like to have the option of HCG and an AI. I have great insurance so if they would cover it that would be awesome, but if not so be it. In my research most of my local endocrinologists and mens health clinics all want weekly visits for them to administer T, however I do not want that. My wife is a paramedic so having her do it or do it myself would be way more convenient. You guys have any recommendations?

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.. little background, 34 years old and been experiencing what I thought was low T symptoms for a few years now. Finally had the doc do some tests this week and got my results. Total test was 229 (ref 264-916) and Free T was 8.6 (ref 8.7-25.1). She didn't do LH/FSH/Estradiol but I just wanted this as a baseline to see if I should be pursuing further, which obviously I should. I've ran a few andro cycles, and 1 var/TD test cycle a few years ago. I've always done a proper PCT.

I live in NY on Long Island. Anyone have good doc recommendations or the best telemedicine clinic? Fertility isn't an issue, my wife and I have 2 kids and aren't planning on any more. I'd like to have the option of HCG and an AI. I have great insurance so if they would cover it that would be awesome, but if not so be it. In my research most of my local endocrinologists and mens health clinics all want weekly visits for them to administer T, however I do not want that. My wife is a paramedic so having her do it or do it myself would be way more convenient. You guys have any recommendations?
Hey brother, I can tell you that Royal Medical Center is ****. Although their pricing is advantageous, if your looking for true medical professional help, professionalism, they will not offer it.

Reach out to Defy, Viking, and any others you can find reviews on.

FDA just made some changes, HCG is no longer being compounded. So of you want it, you'll probably have to go through a UGL. Looks like most clinics are now prescribing gonadorelin in its place.

Depends what your looking for. If you just want the script and know what your doing, how to dose, how to monitor, etc then you can easily find any clinic and just chose by pricing. If you really want guidance and quality doctor consults through the clinic, your going to have to dig around and interview.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Viking Alternative Medicine

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys think I'm going to check out Viking and Defy and see what the deal is

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I ended up seeing an endo and he prescribed the new auto injection xyosted at 100mg test E per week for 4 weeks and then I'm going back to him to evaluate. Amazingly covered 100% by insurance. No AI or HCG as of now, he wanted to get me started and see where my levels are at in 4 weeks. Does this sound reasonable? I'm already thinking I'm going to want to go traditional injections to be able to go 2 or 3x weekly instead of once, and even though my wife and I are done having kids I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye to my balls yet so I may ask him for HCG as well.

Chodamon

Awards
So I ended up seeing an endo and he prescribed the new auto injection xyosted at 100mg test E per week for 4 weeks and then I'm going back to him to evaluate. Amazingly covered 100% by insurance. No AI or HCG as of now, he wanted to get me started and see where my levels are at in 4 weeks. Does this sound reasonable? I'm already thinking I'm going to want to go traditional injections to be able to go 2 or 3x weekly instead of once, and even though my wife and I are done having kids I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye to my balls yet so I may ask him for HCG as well.

Chodamon

Awards
I live out here in Queens and just saw an endo this past Monday. He decided to put me on TRT and said that it would either me the gel or cream. I asked if there were any alternatives (like the injection) and he said that they don’t do injections anymore. Did your doctor offer you a choice and how long did it take for the insurance to go through.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah my doc offered everything.. cream, gel, nasal spray, injections and what I ended up going with which was the auto injector. Insurance covered my visits immediately, but they denied coverage for the auto injector. Fortunately I there's a manufacturer promo so I have 1 month of the auto inject for free, and then my insurance will cover regular test C injections after that.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I live out here in Queens and just saw an endo this past Monday. He decided to put me on TRT and said that it would either me the gel or cream. I asked if there were any alternatives (like the injection) and he said that they don’t do injections anymore. Did your doctor offer you a choice and how long did it take for the insurance to go through.
I’m not on TRT....but the whole “no injections anymore,” sounds sketchy as hell!

To be quite honest I’d consider looking for a second opinion, as they say

Chodamon

Awards
I’m not on TRT....but the whole “no injections anymore,” sounds sketchy as hell!

[/QUOTE

It took me four months to see this doc and other doctors would’ve taken longer. I think for now I will just take what I can get and if the cream/gel doesn’t seem effective I will look for that second opinion. I read that when you have very low T and you get any increase to it that it makes a such a difference in your quality of life.

Chodamon

Awards
Yeah my doc offered everything.. cream, gel, nasal spray, injections and what I ended up going with which was the auto injector. Insurance covered my visits immediately, but they denied coverage for the auto injector. Fortunately I there's a manufacturer promo so I have 1 month of the auto inject for free, and then my insurance will cover regular test C injections after that.
Nice man! It’s great he gave you all those options. I am still waiting for my Rx to get approved by insurance and I hope to start soon. Good luck with the journey!

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don't like your current doc check out Dr Rotman.. has an office on Lexington in Manhattan and an office on Long Island in Lawrence i think

Chodamon

Awards
If you don't like your current doc check out Dr Rotman.. has an office on Lexington in Manhattan and an office on Long Island in Lawrence i think
Thanks for the referral! I’ll definitely look him up after trying out the cream/gel. Only reason I wanted an alternative is because I have a 11 month old and read that you have to be extremely cautious.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly why I said no to gels/cream right off the bat

Chodamon

Awards
Exactly why I said no to gels/cream right off the bat
I just found Dr. Rotman on google. Thanks again for the info! My Dr said I didn’t have to worry because it dries up in an hour and shouldn’t be an issue. That response didn’t make me feel any better.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meanwhile Dr Rotman told me there's a transfer risk for a few hours so IDK.. I didn't even want to deal with it

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just found Dr. Rotman on google. Thanks again for the info! My Dr said I didn’t have to worry because it dries up in an hour and shouldn’t be an issue. That response didn’t make me feel any better.
If you start sweating enough you can transfer the gel from the application site since absorption isn't 100%. There's a warning about showering before skin to skin contact.

I used it for about a month but didn't absorb it enough.

Chodamon

Awards
If you start sweating enough you can transfer the gel from the application site since absorption isn't 100%. There's a warning about showering before skin to skin contact.

I used it for about a month but didn't absorb it enough.
The cream/gel sounds like too much maintenance and more risk to the family for something that doesn’t even absorb well. Thank you guys for all the help and advice, really appreciate it.

Chodamon

Awards
So after talking to you guys I called up my current Dr. and told him that I really would like the injections because the gel/creams are too risky. I got a call from the pharmacy telling me my Test Cyp will be ready for pick up today. I wanted to thank you guys for your insight and advice but more importantly my daughter and wife thanks you!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So after talking to you guys I called up my current Dr. and told him that I really would like the injections because the gel/creams are too risky. I got a call from the pharmacy telling me my Test Cyp will be ready for pick up today. I wanted to thank you guys for your insight and advice but more importantly my daughter and wife thanks you!
You can’t go wrong with injections. I’ve used the gel and it’s not worth it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can’t go wrong with injections. I’ve used the gel and it’s not worth it.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
if that doesn't work, or your CBC panel is doing well with it (mine didn't) then ask your doc for a 3 months vial. Mine cost $30 and it covers three months if not longer and you can inject when you want.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if that doesn't work, or your CBC panel is doing well with it (mine didn't) then ask your doc for a 3 months vial. Mine cost $30 and it covers three months if not longer and you can inject when you want.
What affected your CBC panel, the auto injector? I already am switching over to reg test C injections after my last auto injector because insurance won't cover the auto injectors. Looks like my test C is going to cost $19 a month so thats perfect.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What affected your CBC panel, the auto injector? I already am switching over to reg test C injections after my last auto injector because insurance won't cover the auto injectors. Looks like my test C is going to cost $19 a month so thats perfect.
No it was the test itself. Raised my HCT too high, at one point it was 53. $19 a month is legit. Those cash places cost north of $150 per month.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha. Yeah man thats why I went the doctor route.. I'm also legitimately out of range and need it so there was no dispute from insurance and no need to go to a clinic. I feel like some clinics have legit, knowledgeable doctors but since you're paying out of pocket they will give you script regardless as long as you know the proper buzzwords to use when describing your symptoms.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if you are using the cream or gel dmso is your friend....

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've got 2 more weeks of auto injector at 100mg 1x per week, then starting reg test C and I'm going to split it 50mg 2x a week. No hcg or ai right now. 3 weeks in and feeling good. Nothing life changing, but good workouts, my mood seems much more level lately, and just a little more energy and focus. Its not an energy like a stimulant or anything, it just feels like.. normal but better haha

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to give you guys an update.. I'm just about 6 weeks into TRT now. The first 4 weeks were with the xyosted auto injector at 100mg Test E/week, which I incorrectly reported was covered by insurance. Not a big deal, switched to Test C @ 100mg/week, but the last 2 weeks I started splitting my dose to 50mg/2x a week.

I've been keeping a log since I started TRT for myself, just recording how I feel etc.. and since splitting the dose I've seen a noticeable difference. I was doing the auto injector Thursday nights, Fri-sat generally felt great, by Sunday night I would always feel a little bloated and some sensitivity in my chest.. definitely not gyno but could feel something going on there.. then by wed/thurs I would be feeling less than optimal until my next injection.

In 2 weeks now with the split dosing, I've seemed to have avoided that bloat and chest sensitivity issue. Most importantly, I'm feeling "even" as far as energy, mood and libido throughout the week.

I believe I've had low test for a few years now, and aside from the improvements above, I finally feel like I'm making the progress I should have always been in the gym. My wife and a few family members commented this weekend that my arms and shoulders were looking big, and I definitely seem to have lost a little bit of my love handles so far, without changing diet or workout. I've done a few very mild cycles of the andros/11kt/Anavar in the past, so I can say TRT doesn't compare to those, but compared to the progress I was making without TRT to now there is a noticeable difference.

Other big thing to note is recovery. I'm running a 3 day/week full body strength focus, so fairly heavy workouts. From when our gyms opened in August until I started TRT in Oct, I was consistent with my workouts but definitely feeling beaten down. Sore muscles/joints/fatigue basically all the time. Since TRT has kicked in I notice I may be a little sore the day after a workout, but by day 2 I'm feeling good and ready to lift again.

I know I'm only 6 weeks into this journey, and this honeymoon period is going to end soon enough, but just figured I'd provide an update.

dedication00

Awards
No it was the test itself. Raised my HCT too high, at one point it was 53. $19 a month is legit. Those cash places cost north of $150 per month.

Just had my HCT measured @ 53. You still taking Test? What did your doc have you do? Trying to find another plan of action besides getting off TRT.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Getting test is easy through a endo but the other stuff good luck with that. I live in Nassau county and go to a endo in plainview. She has me on 200mg a week of test cyp and I go in now once every 6 months.

GEOC1

Awards

Hey man! Give me a shout, I am in Manhattan. We have our own practice called ReinventHealthNYC.com a sports and wellness clinic. Your insurance coveres it and you can do it yourself if youd like.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't use hcg or an AI.. get put on test..get that free T up..get dialed in..get that free t off the charts

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So even though I was feeling better, just had an appointment with my doc to go over bloodwork from a week ago. The 100mg a week only had my T at 335.. an improvement from 219 but still really low. He upped me to 160mg a week, so I'll be doing 80mg/2x a week for the next 4 weeks and we will recheck.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So even though I was feeling better, just had an appointment with my doc to go over bloodwork from a week ago. The 100mg a week only had my T at 335.. an improvement from 219 but still really low. He upped me to 160mg a week, so I'll be doing 80mg/2x a week for the next 4 weeks and we will recheck.
Have to give it at least 8 weeks to see if its working for you