Thoughts on Preworks

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was told by a guy today every Pre-Workoutnwas a scam, and that no one should take them if they are a true bodybuilder? What are your thoughts? I agree with them and like taking them

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
How is a **** load of caffeine, creatine, DMAA, and other ingredients a scam...

deadlyzach

Awards
I've gotten so immune to them that I have to use something with dmaa in it to get any kind of boost.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
He should ask the true bodybuilders if they take them. Lol. Trust me they do!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hes a trainer but the girls he trains is no where near stage level, I laughed and was like seriously. Pre-Workouts work great when you need them

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont use them everyday, but after a long hard day when I just want to go to sleep. They kick me into overdrive

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everyone's an expert. You know how that goes.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hes a trainer but the girls he trains is no where near stage level, I laughed and was like seriously. Pre-Workouts work great when you need them
If I had a dollar for every trainer I've seen who really needs a trainer themselves, I'd probably have enough money for a lifetime supply of pre-workouts.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree. Thats why I just walked out and let him talk to who he was talking to. He tried to recruit me months ago, and I told him I'm good

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. Thats why I just walked out and let him talk to who he was talking to. He tried to recruit me months ago, and I told him I'm good
Yeah, sometimes it's best to just walk away from the situation and not try to educate everyone who is misinformed or ignorant, as tempting as it may be at times.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always talk to the guy he was talking too, but didnt want to interrupt while he was talking to him.Maybe I can catch the guy alone tomorrow, and inform him correctly

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Its kinda like a guy in my place said " i lift weight because i am a REAL MAN".

I asked him "Your grandpa lift weight?"
He answered :"Nope."
I replied : My grandpa never lift weight but he raised us and he is a damn REAL MAN ! "

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This guy reminds me of the old school guy I lift with that says no AI, no PCT Required. The old guys didnt take it. And we dont need it. But I disagree with that too and my workout partner makes fun of me for it

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
All personal preference. Some bodybuilders just take their dbol and that's plenty. But what happens when they're not taking an oral? PREWORKOUT!
I think most people who lift take some form of preworkout, and it's not just because it's the cool thing to do.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
This guy reminds me of the old school guy I lift with that says no AI, no PCT Required. The old guys didnt take it. And we dont need it. But I disagree with that too and my workout partner makes fun of me for it
Funny dude in my place who curls 2.5 kilos dumbbell for 1 hour + and cursing us for using drugs.

Errmmmm.....he claims that he is a personal trainer. I politely told him please dont sit on a hammer strength incline press machine and curl your dumbbell as we are going to use that station. He was pissed off and said "STEROIDS".

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was his name Putin by any chance? "Forget pre-workout. I slap bear once with open hand."

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
OP, every second of your life that you spend talking to imbeciles...is time that you will never get back.

Comeuppance

Awards
S'pose all those scholarly articles showing the beneficial effects of caffeine during and post workout are just from the scientists in the pocket of Big PreWorkout.

Caffeine, creatine, etc - staple products in pre-workouts are usually proven effective ingredients. Some google-fu is prudent on ingredients that aren't familiar, though.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many of the good pre workouts are loading with ingredients that has been proven to increase energy, mental focus and endurance.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't use a pre workout every single day but I probably use one 3-4 days out of the week and it's definitely essential for me when i'm lagging and need a good boost to get in a solid workout.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OP, every second of your life that you spend talking to imbeciles...is time that you will never get back.
Priceless!

Yeah I hate when I run across some anti this or that supplement guy with some broad opinion like that.

Personally I do not use a pre-workout every workout expressly to avoid getting immune and it not working.

Hands down they help with everything from energy to stamina to blood flow and more depending on the formula.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I get older I have been more into daily ergonics and non stims. I just can't do the stims like I used to. Man, sucks getting old lol.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't use a pre workout every single day but I probably use one 3-4 days out of the week and it's definitely essential for me when i'm lagging and need a good boost to get in a solid workout.
And Im about the same. After a long day at work. I need that extra boost

compan

compan

Awards
Pre-workouts from these companies that advertise GAIN 7LBS IN 1 MONTH! are a scam...but the ones that are more responsibly marketed are not a scam. lol'd @ him saying "true bodybuilders". Yeah, apparently if you need an energy boost for the gym after 8-10 hour work days, you are not a true lifter. That guy sounds like he is full of ****.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pre-workouts from these companies that advertise GAIN 7LBS IN 1 MONTH! are a scam...but the ones that are more responsibly marketed are not a scam. lol'd @ him saying "true bodybuilders". Yeah, apparently if you need an energy boost for the gym after 8-10 hour work days, you are not a true lifter. That guy sounds like he is full of ****.
You do see this argument from some people however. "If you need all those stims/pres just to hit the gym then you are doing it all wrong". I get 6 hours of sleep a night during the week, work 10ish hours a day, plus 2 hours round trip to and from work. Yeah Im fukking tired after all this but still want to kill it in the gym so I see no issues with a energy boost to do so. If literally all I had to worry about was training, sleeping, and eating I most likely would never use a pre.

GainsCoach

Awards
I like to cycle my pre workout so I don't create any kind of tolerance or dependence and it's really nice on that day you use it after not using any for a week or two.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I like to cycle my pre workout so I don't create any kind of tolerance or dependence and it's really nice on that day you use it after not using any for a week or two.
Agree. I am rotating Quake, Hyper Max XT and Hydrazine. I also take 1 week break every 4 weeks. It works for me .