Thoughts on multivitamins?

yeahbuddy555

yeahbuddy555

Awards
Just looking to pick peoples brains, do you regularly take a multivitamin? everyday?
Which is your go to brand? Worth the price?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My main multivitamin is drinking raw eggs for the yolk. I have some beef organ supps too but it'd be nice to start doing real organ meats

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I don't year-round. I try to stick with a good diet and only supplement with things I need or want to help me reach my goals. Coq10, Fish Oil, Creatine, ZMA, a test booster (started once I hit 30) and an immune supp since I deal with a lot of people at my job.

For years I swore by and loved using Orange Triad multi + joint support and that's what I would recommend if you're highly active and need a good multi.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just take NOW Adam. Not everyday, but a few times a week. Your body is really efficient at storing vitamins and minerals and you don't really need as much as supplement companies would lead you to believe. Try taking Animalpak. It's like 15 horse pills you have to take everyday and has everything you would ever want in it. I don't recommend it.

But, fish oil is really good to take daily like @cronikgains mentioned. I'm also a big proponent of magnesium. Take 400mg of magnesium glycinate before bed. ZMA is kind of a phoney balony supplement, and magnesium glycinate has glycine bound to it so it can help you sleep and you'll have good bowel movements from magnesium, but no upset stomach or other problems with the glycinate form. Check out this article from nootropics depot about the different forms of magnesium.

I also take 600mg of NAC and 250mg of TUDCA daily, but that's because I'm on a lot of medications and all that stuff is very taxing on your liver.

yeahbuddy555

yeahbuddy555

Awards
My main multivitamin is drinking raw eggs for the yolk. I have some beef organ supps too but it'd be nice to start doing real organ meats
Salmonella conerns?
I've heard about bovine organ supps, i'm tempted to give them a go, what brand do you use?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Salmonella conerns?
I've heard about bovine organ supps, i'm tempted to give them a go, what brand do you use?
I'll chime in here and recommend Beverly International Ultra 40. It's beef liver extract and is loaded with vitamins and minerals and full spectrum amino acids. I used to take about 8 with every meal and it's like having an extra protein shake with every meal. It's great stuff, highly underrated.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Salmonella conerns?
Afaik if you have a good immune system you will not have issues with salmonella. Also the source of salmonella is on the outside of the eggs. We brands have cleaner eggs than others. I been drinking raw eggs every day for many years now.

I have only tried ancestral supplements beef organ supps. Anything with good quality liver and heart should be fine. I have one with bull testicles in it too (◕‿◕✿)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For years I swore by and loved using Orange Triad multi + joint support and that's what I would recommend if you're highly active and need a good multi.
This. I'm a big fan of Orange Triad and that has also been my daily go to multi plus I will take coq10 and fish oil daily as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im seeing alot of people post coq10, what are the benefits? what brand do people use?
I don't have a specific brand that I prefer. Typically what is cheapest :LOL: For benefits, I take it for heart health and blood sugar regulation.