Thoughts on 1.5" vs 1" needles for quad injections?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have two inj cycles under my belt and have been utilizing 25G 1.5" needles for quad injections. I haven't had any issue burying the whole needle. However, I keep reading that 1" needles are more common for quads.

Any thoughts or experiences on the matter? The difference in size may be negligible, but will need to buy some more syringes & needles soon for my next cycle this summer. If I can efficiently use a needle half an inch shorter, that would be preferred lol. Thanks in advance!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally use 5/8th for quads/shoulders and lats. I am pretty lean though. I think it’s definitely a good idea to use 1 inch at least for quads since most people are very lean.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I personally use 5/8th for quads/shoulders and lats. I am pretty lean though. I think it’s definitely a good idea to use 1 inch at least for quads since most people are very lean.
Roger that. If I had to guess, I'm likely around 15-16% currently.

If the needle isn't quite long enough, is there an issue with some of the oil being utilized subq?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

If the needle isn't quite long enough, is there an issue with some of the oil being utilized subq?
At 15-16% I don’t see any issue with going Subq by mistake unless you’re storing A large portion of your fat on legs. I hate going too deep in legs because you start hitting those not nice spots (nerves and such) so it’s trying to find the sweet line inbetween. If ever you did go shallow and inject some subq.. it’s not the end of the world .. worst case scenario (happens to me a few times) you’ll get a huge bump, it’ll hurt like a bitch for up to 7 days and it’ll eventually absorb and you’ll be fine. It can be a bitch tho.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 15-16% I don’t see any issue with going Subq by mistake unless you’re storing A large portion of your fat on legs. I hate going too deep in legs because you start hitting those not nice spots (nerves and such) so it’s trying to find the sweet line inbetween. If ever you did go shallow and inject some subq.. it’s not the end of the world .. worst case scenario (happens to me a few times) you’ll get a huge bump, it’ll hurt like a bitch for up to 7 days and it’ll eventually absorb and you’ll be fine. It can be a bitch tho.
I've had a few of those bad pokes that jolted my leg involuntarily, but I'd generally just apply a new needle and pick a different spot. Maybe I'll get both size needles this time around and test out the felt difference, they're certainly cheap enough so not a biggie.

My worst jab was in the glute. It was super awkward and hurt like hell for days after lol

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've had a few of those bad pokes that jolted my leg involuntarily, but I'd generally just apply a new needle and pick a different spot. Maybe I'll get both size needles this time around and test out the felt difference, they're certainly cheap enough so not a biggie.

My worst jab was in the glute. It was super awkward and hurt like hell for days after lol
I always think of this whenever I withdraw the needle and blood starts welling out 🤣🤣🤣

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use 1/2” for everything.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

No, it’s no issue.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use 1/2” for everything.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I will just pick up 1". I don't necessarily mind burying 1.5" into my leg, but if its not necessary it may make pinning a bit more pleasant, lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lately I have been using a 1/2 in for everything, sometimes a 1in for glutes.

Quads make me nervous, I usually use a 28g slin pin and hit the upper outer portion of the quad only.

I honestly try to avoid them. Lately I just rotate delts and pecs

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lately I have been using a 1/2 in for everything, sometimes a 1in for glutes.

Quads make me nervous, I usually use a 28g slin pin and hit the upper outer portion of the quad only.

I honestly try to avoid them. Lately I just rotate delts and pecs
The thought of injecting one of my pecs is legit terrifying 😆

Quads were just so much easier and more comfortable than glutes, for me anyway. I'm also not very flexible, so it was pretty awkward. Thought I was going to cramp while mid injection.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The thought of injecting one of my pecs is legit terrifying 😆

Quads were just so much easier and more comfortable than glutes, for me anyway. I'm also not very flexible, so it was pretty awkward. Thought I was going to cramp while mid injection.
Upper pec and mid to upper/inner pec are 100% painless for me with a 28g 1/2in just stay relaxed, do not flex lol.

I only do 1/2ml injections most of the time, maybe 1ml with carnitine cus I feel like you can fit more water then oil in a site.

Pec is easy, it's right in front of you, you don't need to be flexible, if your fairly lean you can see where the veins are and avoid them.

Someone said earlier about the blood squirting out. That only seems to happen in my glutes, I might get a tiny drop of blood in other locations.

When I do get that stream of blood from nicking a vein in the glute, I just pretend I did it on purpose so I could check on my blood viscosity lol.

Bright red and running thin, gtg lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The thought of injecting one of my pecs is legit terrifying

Upper inner pecs with a Slin pin is super easy. It will go like butter and is a nice convenient extra site for small volumes (I don’t exceed 0.6ml there). Great to have the extra easy sites if you break up a lot of your weekly test for better estrogen management.

Yeah glutes are always where I get the streams of blood. “Ooh, botched it, that’s a botched jab! Need some trash to plug up the cut”

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Hyde in relation to the nipple where do you inject ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I rotate between these when I'm lean, when I'm a little fluffy like I am now I can't see the veins as good and I eliminate the lowest 2 sites marked in the picture.View attachment 212657

Thank you! Have you ever tried a Bicep injection ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thank you! Have you ever tried a Bicep injection ?
No, I'm scared lol. There's so many veins in there, even if you can't see them there in there. I was thinking about trying a peptide injection in the bicep because if you accidentally injected a peptide in the veins it would just get in your system faster, but oil in the veins would probably **** you up.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde in relation to the nipple where do you inject ?
Exactly where @Smont showed!

It’s counterintuitive because it seems relatively thin/small compared to the outer areas where there is more mass of all kinds, but there is actually plenty of muscle tissue still towards the upper center and fat & veins are much less there for more accurate shots.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

It’s counterintuitive because it seems relatively thin/small compared to the outer areas where there is more mass of all kinds, but there is actually plenty of muscle tissue still towards the upper center and fat & veins are much less there for more accurate shots.
I actually winged it the first couple times, I stood in front of the mirror and looked for veins and I was like hmmm, this looks like a good spot!

I did that upper inner spot about 10 times before I thought to myself maybe I should look up where you're supposed to inject the muscle and that's when I realized there were multiple spots

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

You pin a bicep before?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone including me are afraid of the bicep !! No Never !

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You pin a bicep before?
Everyone including me are afraid of the bicep !! No Never !
Nope. I think it’s probably a bad idea for anyone doing strongman movements. That’s such a fragile area that takes so much abuse already.

Strictly bodybuilding, I think using it as a peptide/IGF1/HGH/carnitine makes a lot of sense. Putting oil there is mandatory if you are going to be serious about site injection as well, so anyone trying to be competitive.