This RPG is for real and not some final fantasy(sponsored)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today I woke up feeling great then about lunch time the gas pains kicked in. Took a cpl gasx and a rpg to settle my stomach again. I can’t state it enough times. This stuff was a lifesaver with all these ridiculous stomach issues I’ve had this month.

I felt good enough to get to the gym at 430 for a quick but needed chest session.

Bb floor press
135x12,155x10,185x10,205x5,195x7

Incline db
35x15. 50x12. 3x10. 55,60,55

Incline db fly
3x20. 20 lbs

Cable crossover high pulley. 10x20
Cable crossover low pulley 10x20
Iron cross cable 15x20

Decline bb press
3x10. 95,135,155

Really felt good getting that in. I know it was only one rest day but for some reason it felt like it’d been weeks. I really enjoyed this run. I only have three scoops left which is one workout and one drink later tonight.

I feel bad I needed to use so many scoops non-lifting. But I got to learn a huge additional benefit of this product in the process. If I wasn’t so darn broke I’d definitely pick up a couple when it was 50% off. Hopefully I’ll have some extra cash when it goes on sale again bc I have really enjoyed it.

Will do tomorrows workout and final review. If there’s sites outside of a.m. you’d like reviews up please let me know and I’ll leave them there as well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff. how many scoops have you been using daily?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good stuff. how many scoops have you been using daily?
2 for every lifting session to ensure I got full leucine dosage. Then a couple of days I took 1-2 scoops in the evening to see how that was and last weekend and this weekend I had stomach issues and seemed like the only thing that settled the stomach so idk how many but at least 2 each day.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
That is some isolation! Nice work, man! Besides muscle recovery and some endurance, are there any additional noted negatives or positives?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is some isolation! Nice work, man! Besides muscle recovery and some endurance, are there any additional noted negatives or positives?
Should cover all that in final review I’ll post in a min

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was the day from hell. Doesn’t it always seem like when one thing bad happens it just pours it on?

Rushed to the gym way earlier than usual today bc I had a lunch client who skipped. I mean I got paid for the hour but sucks bc I wanna train ppl not take their money bc they can’t keep a scheduled appt. normally I don’t even charge them, there’s a 24 hour rule in the contracts and my clients skip all the time but they text me early in the am so I don’t charge them even though I could. This one it was our first session and it was a kid who I guess has watched me train for weeks and wanted me to run him like I do myself. That’s what I want someone who’s willing to put in the work and be there 4-5 days a week so results can happen. That’s why I got into this. Anyhow dude doesn’t call or text and didn’t return my call or text-so I charged him.

Then I was lifting for about 90 minutes and my stomach started acting up again. At least it waited 90 minutes so I got a good workout in at least.

Then the band on my Fitbit breaks. These things are so cheaply made, the bands I’m talking about. 4th one in 3 years. And they don’t just sell the bands, you have to get entire new unit. Now each time they’ve replaced for free but it’s such a hassle and idk if their gonna replace yet another time.

Finally the major thorn today. My brakes went out on the way home. Rotors need replacing too-275$. I swear every time I start moving in a positive direction some bs expense rears it’s head. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Workout
30 minutes incline treadmill low intensity

Side/front/rear laterals 10x10 warm up

Seated db press 4x10. 25,59,55,60. 70x6

Side lateral raises 3x20. 10,15,20

Lying rear fly 3x20. 20

Reverse grip bb press 3x10. 45,55,65

Bb upright row. 3x15. 65 lbs changing hand position each set

Behind neck press 3x12 65 lbs

Ss
Bar shrug 3x20. 135
Behind back same

Ss
Cable rear fly 3x15. 11 lbs
Calf machine front press 3x5. 130 lbs

Ss
Face pull 3x20. 33 lbs
Rear delt pull. 3x20. 22 lbs

Overhead shrug db 3x20. 20 lbs

Standing db press. 25x10,40x8

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Final review.

RPG is a top-tier EAA/BCAA intra workout supplement. The muscular endurance is it’s calling card in my opinion. Exceeded training durations working at high intensity by at least 20-30 minutes over every other eaa product I’ve used. You just can keep going where fatigue sets in quicker with other top brands.

Intra set Muscle recovery is also top notch. I pushed the limits as far as I could and rpg never caved in to the pressure. There were times I was only taking 15-20 seconds between volume super sets with excellent weight selections per normal ability. Rarely had to take additional breaks nor completely come down in weight ranges fast.

Muscle recovery in the general sense I place in the benefits category as well. While I did get delayed onset muscle soreness it was definitely not as prominent as I’ve consistently experienced using many of the other brands. You’re going to get some bc no product, well legal product can eliminate all of it if your doing the type of volume I’m doing. It performed above average in my opinion.

Unexpected benefits:

I had an unfortunate on-going case of stomach issues and I found that 1 scoop of rpg virtually extinguish the upset in the stomach. Mysteek mentioned it could be from the high quality electrolytes chosen in the formula. This makes sense but it literally saved me from extended periods of anguish. Not sure exactly why but it was consistent in its effectiveness in this manner.

Some crazy deep pumps. Again I really don’t know where this came from. I got the pumps consistently throughout usage and tested out on many days there were zero additional pres in my system for many hours before. So I’m convinced additional pumps somehow occurred using rpg. I’ve never experienced pumps from an intra workout product before this.

Only drawbacks are how taste of flavor is better if you use it as 1 scoop in 8-16 oz water compared to 2 scoops in 24-32 oz water. But I’m being super picky and if not being thorough I would not have even mentioned it.

Second drawback is it is a privy product on the website. The 50% coupons that were going around bring it into a fair price if not value at that price. But there’s only 1 other eaa intra product that I like comparable from all those tried and that ones another I just can’t afford unless on deep sale. So perhaps the cost is on point bc the best two I’ve used happen to be the two most expensive I’ve used as well. The old saying you get what you pay for I guess.

Really enjoyed the run and if I have the money when another 50% sale hits I’ll buy a few for sure. Thanks again for this opportunity

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about your bad day. Stress is good for you though. This is why humans are number 1. We prevail!

Thanks for the review, man! Not sure what settled your stomach but I'm eager to find out. I'll have a conversation with the owner about this.

For the pumps, my money is on breaking rep plateaus relative to pre-RPG strength. Even if your reps did not increase much, you may have recomped, which in turn often decreases muscle mass/strength. But with the aid of RPG, you were potentially able to overcome that and push through, i.e extra reps - extra pump.

I'm glad you enjoyed the flavor! I agree on the water to powder ratio. That makes a world of difference.

Yes, MSRP can be steep. The upside to being a loyal Anabolic Minds member is I will always have a nice coupon ready for you. Can't always promise 50% off but I'll make it worth your while ;). As a reminder, MAY50 is still active and available for use. Works site wide on any product.

Thank you again for your fantastic review! You were honest and fair throughout. Solid work. I hope you choose to log for us again! Would you mind posting your final review here? http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/211304-rpg-ibcaa-50-a.html

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks again. Review posted in that thread. Again if you think of any other places you’d like me to post a review don’t hesitate to ask.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, man! Spoke with the owner. He confirmed the glutamine is likely settling your stomach for you. Funny thing is the other logger is having the mirror opposite results with his gut health. May be other factors at play. But a funny coincidence.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, man! Spoke with the owner. He confirmed the glutamine is likely settling your stomach for you. Funny thing is the other logger is having the mirror opposite results with his gut health. May be other factors at play. But a funny coincidence.
Yeah that is weird. Guess there’s truth to the old saying that individual results may vary