Thinking about using DMAA for pre workout. Thoughts?

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone, I was thinking about upgrading from my old pre workout to DMAA. I’ve heard a lot of things about it, some good and some bad. Also found a legit source for it. Here are my questions

1) what is the recommended dose for a first time user?
2) should I stack with caffeine?
3) what effects can I get from this?
4) is this dangerous?

Thanks

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I have some bloodshot left, I rarely use it but it’s PR crusher for me! I get locked in mentally and the weights just move easier than expected

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) 50mg is pretty typical, I wouldn't go beyond 75mg
2) yes
3) intense energy, focus, vasoconstriction, it always makes my nose run
4) at usual doses, assuming you aren't doing something else that increases blood pressure/stress on the heart, DMAA should be safe enough. Oh, also I wouldn't use it every day.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
1) 50mg is pretty typical, I wouldn't go beyond 75mg
2) yes
3) intense energy, focus, vasoconstriction, it always makes my nose run
4) at usual doses, assuming you aren't doing something else that increases blood pressure/stress on the heart, DMAA should be safe enough. Oh, also I wouldn't use it every day.
Would it be ok to stack this w/ a non stop pump pre workout?

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would it be ok to stack this w/ a non stop pump pre workout?
Oh for sure, it might even partially counteract the vasoconstriction. You will need to use dmaa with caffeine though, by itself, you'll barely noticeable anything

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First time, 20-40 mg. Up to 75 mg is well tolerated for experienced users.

Absolutely use with caffeine. Yes.

Effects? For a while it gave me a euphoric rush. I really noticed it and had some next-level workouts. Now it’s energy and focus.

Yes, reasonably safe with common sense. There are way way way more dangerous compounds lurking around this board

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
...You will quickly see why it’s so popular! I remember thinking, “damn I know why this is ‘grey area!’ It’s very easy to out-train your recovery ability, which is something to be aware of!
Unfortunately I bought mesomorph right before it’s reformulation and I haven’t found anything else to be as smooth and not make me crash after...in terms of Dmaa.

IMG_2177.JPG

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The old mesomorph with DMAA in it was one of my fav pre workouts. It had around 65mg of DMAA per serving with 300mg caffeine. So i'd say around 65mg is fine but maybe go lower at first to access your tolerance to it.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have some bloodshot left, I rarely use it but it’s PR crusher for me! I get locked in mentally and the weights just move easier than expected
1 have 4 tubs of Bloodshot left lol...….that stuff will get you geeked out.