Thinking about trt

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,

Wanted to get some feedback on going on testosterone therapy. I’ve used Sarms on and off for about a year now and have made some great gains.

I haven’t really gotten any noticeable side effects either. But the last time I got bloodwork my testosterone was absolutely tanked (this was after a ph run for 3 weeks because I didn’t know it was laced) please keep in mind that was from 2018.

I went on pct and got blood work after words and my test levels were high according to the doc. But also keep in mind the nolva was still in my system when I got bloodwork. Since then I’ve pretty much been using Sarms on and off. I’m thinking about just stopping the Sarms and going on testosterone but I did have a few questions.

I plan on getting my blood work checked this week to see where I’m at. Even though I don’t have any noticeable sides I’m still just concerned about Sarms since I don’t know if I’m hurting myself without knowing. Or have tanked test levels without knowing

1) which one will be safer? Sarms or testosterone?
2) does trt cause liver damage?
3) which will be better for making gains / maintaining a good physique? Sarms or trt?

Thank you

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you care about long term health, id avoid sarms. Most of whats sold is fake anyway, but even with legit sarms theres just not that much data out there for the results and potential risks to be very predictable.

TRT, done properly shouldnt cause liver issues. But you need to get bloodwork done, well away from any nolva or anything like that and see where youre really at. I think its a bit early to be jumping to the conclusion that you need trt.

Ultimately, you could still cycle, but avoiding sarms is probably a good idea either way.

sloganslimms

sloganslimms

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Dont know how old you are, but I'd wait to take trt till your 35+, unless your test levels come back incredibly low. I've never done Sarms but I'm pretty sure a test base would be fine to do Sarms on and you'd never lose any gains from sarms cyle. Also, no it does not hurt your liver, its incredibly safe. Theres tons of research. I'm 38 and have been on trt for 4 years after I tanked my natural production from improper steroid cycling. But like I said, most people will tell you to go natural till your older.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You make testosterone naturally so. . .
TRT won't but abuse of anything is a different story
3) which will be better for making gains / maintaining a good physique? Sarms or trt?
This is too subjective but typically dosage matters most

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
TRT is not about making gains. Real TRT is solely for the purpose of regaining quality of life due to lower than normal test levels usually associated with aging. Now that’s not to say somebody that has actual low testosterone will not make some Small “gains” as that level is brought back to normal.But if you are thinking you are getting on legit trt and it’s going to be like a high dose cycle in terms of gains, you will be disappointed and that’s not the reason to be getting on trt.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
Dont know how old you are, but I'd wait to take trt till your 35+, unless your test levels come back incredibly low. I've never done Sarms but I'm pretty sure a test base would be fine to do Sarms on and you'd never lose any gains from sarms cyle. Also, no it does not hurt your liver, its incredibly safe. Theres tons of research. I'm 38 and have been on trt for 4 years after I tanked my natural production from improper steroid cycling. But like I said, most people will tell you to go natural till your older.
I’m 24 right now. I just figured I’m going to keep using things anyways so I might as well hop on now and optimize my levels rather than having to yo-yo with cycling

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Following for responses.

:)

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m 24 right now. I just figured I’m going to keep using things anyways so I might as well hop on now and optimize my levels rather than having to yo-yo with cycling
there’s nothing “wrong” with going on trt at 24 per se... but there’s a lot to consider. Fertility being a big one, but also that you can’t just hop off as easily as you hopped on. Spend some time thinking and researching this before making a decision.

sloganslimms

sloganslimms

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well, I think 24 is too young... But this is coming from someone who thinks Sarms/steroids at 24 are a bit young. But, if you have actually tanked your natural production... Then its f***in awesome. Now I run cycles and just cruise afterwards. I got friends that pct and I always keep my gains when they lose half.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
24 is pretty young unless you're already having issues. I would try to maintain my HPTA function due to the fertility aspect alone. Not everyone remains fertile once they start TRT.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Big call to make at that age bro.

I cruise and blast now (and will push for prescription trt in a year IF I come off and can’t recover to a decent level) but I’m nearly 39.

you need to come off the sarms, do a proper pct, wait three months and then get bloods to see where you are at. Unless your planning on making a living from your physique (you shouldn’t be using sarms if you are) then a life long commitment at 24 (when in theory your natural levels should be really decent anyway) isn’t the way to go imo.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey everyone,

Wanted to get some feedback on going on testosterone therapy. I’ve used Sarms on and off for about a year now and have made some great gains.

I haven’t really gotten any noticeable side effects either. But the last time I got bloodwork my testosterone was absolutely tanked (this was after a ph run for 3 weeks because I didn’t know it was laced) please keep in mind that was from 2018.

I went on pct and got blood work after words and my test levels were high according to the doc. But also keep in mind the nolva was still in my system when I got bloodwork. Since then I’ve pretty much been using Sarms on and off. I’m thinking about just stopping the Sarms and going on testosterone but I did have a few questions.

I plan on getting my blood work checked this week to see where I’m at. Even though I don’t have any noticeable sides I’m still just concerned about Sarms since I don’t know if I’m hurting myself without knowing. Or have tanked test levels without knowing

Thank you
After reading your post, I don’t think you truly understand what TRT is. With that being said, I’m not trying to be an ass. I just think maybe you haven’t read up on it or someone has told you their definition of TRT.

So, TRT is replacement therapy for a man that cannot produce enough testosterone naturally due to either, something wrong with his testicles which is known as primary hypogonadism or something is wrong with his pituitary gland that doesn’t allow enough LH to be produced which doesn’t signal his testicles to create testosterone which is known as secondary hypogonadism. So men that have these issues get prescribed testosterone so they can have a normal level of testosterone. This isn’t something you should want to get on unless you’re having issues with low test. If you do have low test, try everything you can to get your natural test production stimulated so you don’t have to get on TRT. TRT should be your last resort. I’ve been on TRT for almost eight years.

As far as sarms, I haven’t taken them but I’ve read on this forum that they’re not the safest thing to take.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
After reading your post, I don’t think you truly understand what TRT is. With that being said, I’m not trying to be an ass. I just think maybe you haven’t read up on it or someone has told you their definition of TRT.

So, TRT is replacement therapy for a man that cannot produce enough testosterone naturally due to either, something wrong with his testicles which is known as primary hypogonadism or something is wrong with his pituitary gland that doesn’t allow enough LH to be produced which doesn’t signal his testicles to create testosterone which is known as secondary hypogonadism. So men that have these issues get prescribed testosterone so they can have a normal level of testosterone. This isn’t something you should want to get on unless you’re having issues with low test. If you do have low test, try everything you can to get your natural test production stimulated so you don’t have to get on TRT. TRT should be your last resort. I’ve been on TRT for almost eight years.

As far as sarms, I haven’t taken them but I’ve read on this forum that they’re not the safest thing to take.
Get what you are saying. Maybe I haven’t clarified enough of what I meant. I’ve had low T since 2018. The biggest thing for me is energy, not being able to focus, as well as libido. I pretty much have no desire to chase after girls and it bugs me cause it’s not normal in my opinion at my age.

I’ve gone to 3 doctors. Basically have told me to go away even though at one point my levels came back at a 6 on a scale of 250-1100 of total T. They just tell me I’m fine and they can’t do anything. I did research and used Sarms on and off to mask the low t sides along with epi andro cream. When I do, I feel 100x better. The problem is is that I don’t know the long term effects of them and figured I’d be doing myself a favor in the long term if I just did test because I’ll be monitored and it’ll be more healthy. (For organs and overall wellness)

I have a good physique now with the low T. But I’m sick of having to drink 4 cups of coffee just to feel kinda energized for a few hours only to feel tired the rest of the day.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established

As far as my research goes on it. I’m pretty familiar as to what it entails. My dad is actually on test replacement. So he gave me the ins and out of it as well as I have done my own personal research. I’ve thought about doing this for close to a year now. But just have never pulled the trigger.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand part of your outlook since the extreme fatigue led to my colleagues finding me asleep at my desk. . .after a pot of coffee. I was only 30 when I ended up on TRT but I had pituitary damage and other issues impacting recovery. I had 4 kids so fertility wasn't a thing for me to consider and I can't stimulate my HPTA very well except for hCG since it bypasses everything.

At 24, I would seriously consider Clomid or Nolva as therapy first. 25mg x3 weekly is very effective for many men. All food for thought as they say.

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
I understand part of your outlook since the extreme fatigue led to my colleagues finding me asleep at my desk. . .after a pot of coffee. I was only 30 when I ended up on TRT but I had pituitary damage and other issues impacting recovery. I had 4 kids so fertility wasn't a thing for me to consider and I can't stimulate my HPTA very well except for hCG since it bypasses everything.

At 24, I would seriously consider Clomid or Nolva as therapy first. 25mg x3 weekly is very effective for many men. All food for thought as they say.
I’ve heard bad things about clomid from a depression perspective (been on anti depressants myself and had bad bouts of depression since I was 17)

Aren’t they very liver toxic too?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get what you are saying. Maybe I haven’t clarified enough of what I meant. I’ve had low T since 2018. The biggest thing for me is energy, not being able to focus, as well as libido. I pretty much have no desire to chase after girls and it bugs me cause it’s not normal in my opinion at my age.

I’ve gone to 3 doctors. Basically have told me to go away even though at one point my levels came back at a 6 on a scale of 250-1100 of total T. They just tell me I’m fine and they can’t do anything. I did research and used Sarms on and off to mask the low t sides along with epi andro cream. When I do, I feel 100x better. The problem is is that I don’t know the long term effects of them and figured I’d be doing myself a favor in the long term if I just did test because I’ll be monitored and it’ll be more healthy. (For organs and overall wellness)

I have a good physique now with the low T. But I’m sick of having to drink 4 cups of coffee just to feel kinda energized for a few hours only to feel tired the rest of the day.
Look for an integrative medicine doctor in your area. They will definitely help you. If you can’t find one, keep looking for a dr that will help you. You can’t give up. Many guys on here have gone from dr to dr until they found one that listened and helped.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just lay off the SARMs for a bit mate. Maybe run a SERM for 6 weeks then nothing for 6months before re-testing?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard bad things about clomid from a depression perspective (been on anti depressants myself and had bad bouts of depression since I was 17)

Aren’t they very liver toxic too?
The main problems you'll read from Clomid therapy is when used too high in dosage. Some men use as little as 12.5mg a few days weekly and maintain their HTPA function. Too much Clomid is counterproductive since the pituitary will desensitize from over stimulation. 25mg x 3 weekly is pretty common for long term use.