Thinking about asking for some deca on my TRT

bigrich954rr

Awards
Im on 150mg of test C a week feeling pretty good over but trying to get my joints to not hurt as much and maybe not feel as stiff ?
Im also cutting cals to lose some more weight Which oddly makes me feel better but joints hurt a little more.

i do higher reps/ lightweigts to keep the joints from hurting as wearing out any more.

should i try upping Test C to 200mg or Try to add some thing ?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And the test info im new and open to info and learning
Are you in the US?
Is a regular Dr treating you for low T?
How often are you pinning?

I wouldn’t bump my test dose up at all. Right now your total T and free T are high. Your E2 is a little high. Some guys do ok with their E2 a little high. Some say the sweet spot is around 20-25. It’s really up to the individual. My best advice is this, I’d get my test levels down just a little. Make sure when you do labs it’s on the day of your injection, as early in the morning as possible and before you actually inject. That way you get a true level when you’re in your trough. Once you get your protocol dialed in, you can experiment with adding more test or other things. Make sure you’re getting your vitamin D3 levels checked, as well as; pregnenolone, and dhea. Also, make sure your dr is also doing a thyroid panel and complete CBC when doing labs.

DIM is something you can take for your E2. For some guys it works, others it doesn’t. For me, it didn’t do anything, so I ended up being prescribed arimidex.

Keep us posted man

bigrich954rr

Awards
Yes in the US
Its a TRT though a FL based place but the cover the whole USA .

i belive i got the blood drawn one or two days after i pinned .

i have a doctors appointment this friday to meet and talk about this blood draw which would be about 5 weeks in .

bigrich954rr

Awards
Yea the D3 is in the middle range .
Ill ask about the dhea a pregnenolone. .

i pin on monday and Thursday evening i think i had blood draw Tuesday or Wednesday morning.
Any down sides to arimadex

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea the D3 is in the middle range .
Ill ask about the dhea a pregnenolone. .

i pin on monday and Thursday evening i think i had blood draw Tuesday or Wednesday morning.
Any down sides to arimadex
I’d ask to have labs done on Monday morning right before you pin.

I have no side effects from arimidex at all. I only take .25 mgs twice a week.

bigrich954rr

Awards
I was hoping the. Free test would be higher and the total lower. The libo is better but was hoping it be a little higher and the energy/

what also hoping for some room to help the joints a little more . My back hips and knees have always been Stiff/arthritic

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was hoping the. Free test would be higher and the total lower. The libo is better but was hoping it be a little higher and the energy/

what also hoping for some room to help the joints a little more . My back hips and knees have always been Stiff/arthritic
A clean diet and glucosamine can help your joints.

bigrich954rr

Awards
Yea ive
A clean diet and glucosamine can help your joints.
Ive been taking. Glucosamine for years . Diet was pretty good for years no soda or juices no smoking no alcohol maybe one or two drinks a years .

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea ive

Ive been taking. Glucosamine for years . Diet was pretty good for years no soda or juices no smoking no alcohol maybe one or two drinks a years .
Do you eat a good amount of good fats?

bigrich954rr

Awards
Do you eat a good amount of good fats?
Mostly chicken some fish Four to five avocados a week . I just cut out red meat once a month cut most milk based stuff been using oak milk in coffee now , little cheese and Olive oil over butter.
Alot of q10 and Repsol cant think of the name of it right now.

im trying to cut most fats now.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mostly chicken some fish Four to five avocados a week . I just cut out red meat once a month cut most milk based stuff been using oak milk in coffee now , little cheese and Olive oil over butter.
Alot of q10 and Repsol cant think of the name of it right now.

im trying to cut most fats now.
Good fats help with joints. You may want to research diets for joint pain.

prestoner

Awards
  • First Up Vote
By all means those trt docs in Florida would love to try the deca out on you. I foresee a 200mg/week 10week cycle log

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have thought about trying Deca for my joints also !

bigrich954rr

Awards
Nandrolone has been proven to cause cardiac remodeling:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23287648/
I'll stick to just trt For longevity.
thank you im going try and read that study. I want to get more info on that.

i always ate healthy but 6 months ago i started eating crazy health. Mostly oatmeal. Whey protein powder fish chicken no skin and all green vegetables. 1 gal water a day min some times 2

bigrich954rr

Awards
I takes almost every Joint and heart supplement. You can think of i spend hours looking them up.

i talked to my TRT doctors and we are going to try 60-120 mg of deca a week see if it helps any figure it cant be any worst then a cycle people do while i research it.

trying my best to not start real painkillers yet

Last edited:
bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thank you im going try and read that study. I want to get more info on that.

i always ate healthy but 6 months ago i started eating crazy health. Mostly oatmeal. Whey protein powder fish chicken no skin and all green vegetables. 1 gal water a day min some times 2
Based on your response above you're not eating a lot of fat. Try adding 5gms of fish oils daily to see if it helps with the joint pains. That's the biggest benefit I get from them since they don't do much for my lipids.

bigrich954rr

Awards
I just started taking alot more fish oils and eating more plain sunflower seeds

i keep burping up the fish oil though out the day which sucks ive been take some in morning and then rest in afternoon

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if i asked my VA doc to throw in some deca along with my 100mg weekly test cyp he would laugh me out of office before red flagging me as a possible drug abuser---this is real world!!!

sad but true

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just started taking alot more fish oils and eating more plain sunflower seeds

i keep burping up the fish oil though out the day which sucks ive been take some in morning and then rest in afternoon
You can get "No Burp" fish oil, I used to buy if for my wife.

bigrich954rr

Awards
if i asked my VA doc to throw in some deca along with my 100mg weekly test cyp he would laugh me out of office before red flagging me as a possible drug abuser---this is real world!!!

sad but true
Yea once i get dialed in id like to try and get the test though the VA.

but i do want to try the deca and see if it helps the joints mine are pretty fucked. But i want a low dose that doesnt Raise blood pressure or cause any side effects. Thinking 50-100mg a week

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

but i do want to try the deca and see if it helps the joints mine are pretty fucked. But i want a low dose that doesnt Raise blood pressure or cause any side effects. Thinking 50-100mg a week
I was just reading an article on adding Deca to your TRT and it looks like a 2-1 Test-Deca is the sweet spot with 50-100mg a week of Deca.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good fats help with joints. You may want to research diets for joint pain.
I would also make sure your form is dead on with your lifts. I had major elbow pain, like tennis elbow until I focused on bench form and added some elbow sleeves. HUGE difference.

Are there joints in particular that are more painful than others?

You may also look into some mobility work/stretching routines for the stiffness.

My estrogen is pretty high, but I feel great. I'm not going to crush my E2 with an AI just to lower it to a specific arbitrary number. In fact, the joint pain may not be related to E2 at all. You need E2 for cognition (including neuroprotective effects, cardiovascular health, sex drive, erections, joints, ligaments and tendons, and even muscle growth. Don't be so quick to crush the estrogen is the bottom line IMO.

Just my 2 cents :)

bigrich954rr

Awards
Thank you there alot to learn .

SI joint then hips/ back gets stiff ankles
Worst to better .

I had one hip replaced and going to have to have SI fused one day but trying to not do it cause doctor said after that you start fuzing the next joint up cause it has to flex more to make up for the fuzed one

Since ive been on TRT my lower back is getting stronger and not slipping out when relaxed

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you there alot to learn .

SI joint then hips/ back gets stiff ankles
Worst to better .

I had one hip replaced and going to have to have SI fused one day but trying to not do it cause doctor said after that you start fuzing the next joint up cause it has to flex more to make up for the fuzed one

Since ive been on TRT my lower back is getting stronger and not slipping out when relaxed
I'm sorry to hear that. Was it an anterior or posterior replacement surgery?

A powerlifter named Dave Tate (owner of eliteFTS) had to have a total hip replacement. It might be worth it to see what he does to accommodate his lifting as he loves to Squat. He has a lot of videos and articles.

Here's an article from elitefts, maybe it has something in it that could be beneficial: https://www.elitefts.com/education/adjusting-to-life-post-hip-replacement/

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

just a headsup---i would be hesitant before requesting deca or any other anabolic outside of test from VA.

bigrich954rr

Awards
I'm sorry to hear that. Was it an anterior or posterior replacement surgery?

A powerlifter named Dave Tate (owner of eliteFTS) had to have a total hip replacement. It might be worth it to see what he does to accommodate his lifting as he loves to Squat. He has a lot of videos and articles.

Here's an article from elitefts, maybe it has something in it that could be beneficial: https://www.elitefts.com/education/adjusting-to-life-post-hip-replacement/
Thank you ill look in to that. I think it was posterior replacement or a weird mix of the two as the scar goes straight up but maybe little more to the back . But i think they messed it up cause it took a few weeks to be able to lift my leg up It lay flat on floor to do leg raises.

i really need to start squating again my ass and lower back are both weak but my quads hams you can see the muscle groups

bigrich954rr

Awards
just a headsup---i would be hesitant before requesting deca or any other anabolic outside of test from VA.
Yea i just want to get them to do the Test cyp.
As that is more then enough cause as a dose of 60mg twice a week while dieting ive been putting muscle on. Blew my mind.

80 mg twice a week puts me right at the top or slightly over the Standard range. This is what i would like to run long term it everything work great there .

I just added 60mg of deca two days in BP went up which i dont like and i seem to run hotter and sweat more . So might try one more shot to see if i feel any help in the joints but might not run it right now because its cause Bp to raise