Things to enhance TRT?

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Hello all, I've been on TRT about one month now. Wondering what other compounds are commonly used to enhance their therapy? Ie increasing free test, lowering SHBG, etc. Ive heard some people take proviron sometimes to help things or run other anabolics in light doses to enhance their TRT experience

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hello all, I've been on TRT about one month now. Wondering what other compounds are commonly used to enhance their therapy? Ie increasing free test, lowering SHBG, etc. Ive heard some people take proviron sometimes to help things or run other anabolics in light doses to enhance their TRT experience
dermacrine

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boron 5mg daily keeps my free T higher.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Injecting 200mg L Carnitine a day, long term, with post workout meal. Will increase androgen receptor density, enhancing TRT. 25MG a day of proviron will enhance TRT by reducing SHBG.

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Arent you the dude in hospital with UC?
Yes, I am. I was finally released yesterday, my symptoms are 90% clear and hopefully I'm going into remission. I did some research and there are some clinical studies showing lower levels of testosterone can raise the bodies inflammation response. After reading the studies, I think managing my T levels, free test and lowering SHBG could be an effective tool in managing my UC. My test levels were very low a couple of months ago, the goal with my doctor is to get my test levels closer to the higher end of the reference range (which they mark around 700) with TRT.

Of course I like building muscle and some mild anabolics, but the focus now is dialing in my TRT and getting healthy before I think about that stuff again.

Reactions: Nac
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, I am. I was finally released yesterday, my symptoms are 90% clear and hopefully I'm going into remission. I did some research and there are some clinical studies showing lower levels of testosterone can raise the bodies inflammation response. After reading the studies, I think managing my T levels, free test and lowering SHBG could be an effective tool in managing my UC. My test levels were very low a couple of months ago, the goal with my doctor is to get my test levels closer to the higher end of the reference range (which they mark around 700) with TRT.

Of course I like building muscle and some mild anabolics, but the focus now is dialing in my TRT and getting healthy before I think about that stuff again.
is your free test disproportionately low? Increasing total test will increase free test and it seems like you are saying they haven’t dialled in your trt dose to the higher end of range yet?

boron at 6mg is probably the only thing I would use to lower shbg given your UC. I’d tread very carefully though, UC is a bitch if you don’t get it under control and it won’t matter how great your muscles are if you spend half the day shitting blood bro

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
I'm not getting my first round of bloodwork since starting TRT until next week. Ive been on just over a month @100mg per week. I'm guessing I'll need closer to 140mg per week based on other people's regimens

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not getting my first round of bloodwork since starting TRT until next week. Ive been on just over a month @100mg per week. I'm guessing I'll need closer to 140mg per week based on other people's regimens
Depends if your doc. Your bloods on 100 might have you at some mile 600-700 TT and your doctor might be like well that’s perfect no need to go higher! Some doctors prefer you mid/high range than in the 800-900s. That’s often a fight between the patient and the doc.

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Might need to cook the bloodwork a tad by taking less than Im prescribed to get above that 700 mark if thats as high as my doc will go