Theobromine dosage???

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just picked this up from PC to give a try. Package states 500mg per day, just curious if it would yield better results at 2x or 3x/day.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's your reason for taking it? Will you be combining it with caffeine and/or other stims?

For a simple "feel good" mood boost, I have added ~250mg to my pre-workout supps that don't have it. For more energy, you can go higher, but I have an average/below-average tolerance for caff, so 500mg is all I've ever needed.

I've never taken it specifically for it's vasodilating properties, but I suspect you'd have to go up to 1g to notice anything significant.

Here's a good read:
Psychopharmacology of theobromine in healthy volunteers

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your reason for taking it? Will you be combining it with caffeine and/or other stims?

For a simple "feel good" mood boost, I have added ~250mg to my pre-workout supps that don't have it. For more energy, you can go higher, but I have an average/below-average tolerance for caff, so 500mg is all I've ever needed.

I've never taken it specifically for it's vasodilating properties, but I suspect you'd have to go up to 1g to notice anything significant.

Here's a good read:
Psychopharmacology of theobromine in healthy volunteers
Good read altho tbh I don't really recommend taking pure theobromine in supplements.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry so late to respond. Big fan of follidrone and folli 2.0 but due to budget try to find a way to reap the benefits at a fraction of the cost. Endurance, vascularity and bedroom benefits.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good read altho tbh I don't really recommend taking pure theobromine in supplements.
I bought it once out of curiosity. Won't be buying again, but I'm curious as to your reason. It seems to be fairly safe, used responsibly.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry so late to respond. Big fan of follidrone and folli 2.0 but due to budget try to find a way to reap the benefits at a fraction of the cost. Endurance, vascularity and bedroom benefits.
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near the same effects. What is your reasoning for thinking theobromine will be similar to -epi/folli?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near the same effects. What is your reasoning for thinking theobromine will be similar to -epi/folli?
Anecdotal but I've had friends have cardiac issues (minor) from theobromine use; not to mention extreme nausea. Fine when dosed low, yep.

DCx

Awards
Anecdotal but I've had friends have cardiac issues (minor) from theobromine use; not to mention extreme nausea. Fine when dosed low, yep.
One of my favorite pres, defcon1 uses 100mg theobromine 99%. Combined with 180 caffeine, the effects feel wayyy higher than 180 caffeine. Is 100mg okay at a 99% theobromine?

-DamonX

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my favorite pres, defcon1 uses 100mg theobromine 99%. Combined with 180 caffeine, the effects feel wayyy higher than 180 caffeine. Is 100mg okay at a 99% theobromine?

-DamonX

Yeah if you feel fine, keep using it