Unanswered The rocks cheat meals...

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you haven’t seen, the rock will eat GIANT cheat meals. Some have totaled 15,000 calories (or so he says). Now, before someone says “well, he’s on steroids”, he may be but that doesn’t mean by eating this way you won’t get fat. I don’t care what you’re running for steroids, eating this much food will derail your physique. So, how is this possible? Is it just because he’s so big that these huge cheat meals don’t effect his physique like an average lifter? I can’t think of a reasonable explanation. Tia!

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I assume it had something to do with his athletic lifestyle, genetics, and steroids.
Even so, it’s so hard to imagine that you can consume that much food and not gain any visible weight. He does it every week.

Shep_Zaide

Shep_Zaide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think it’s a few things. He has the money for all the best foods, ability to lift and do cardio most days if not every day and the cycles he runs. But still mind blowing for sure

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Even so, it’s so hard to imagine that you can consume that much food and not gain any visible weight. He does it every week.
The last article I saw on it said he does this every 3 months. That’s not going to do to much damage.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Can he actually be seen doing this? I dunno man, sometimes I think these guys are puttin’ out stuff for the ‘likes’ and to stay relevant

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you haven’t seen, the rock will eat GIANT cheat meals. Some have totaled 15,000 calories (or so he says). Now, before someone says “well, he’s on steroids”, he may be but that doesn’t mean by eating this way you won’t get fat. I don’t care what you’re running for steroids, eating this much food will derail your physique. So, how is this possible? Is it just because he’s so big that these huge cheat meals don’t effect his physique like an average lifter? I can’t think of a reasonable explanation. Tia!
When you eat super clean 90% of the time throwing in super cheat meals or days even doesnt really effect your physique. Most of these guys will say they look fuller bigger and it ramps up the metabolism actually. In my own experience I agree it works for me too.

Sylvester stallone is another one. Look up what his "cheat days" look like. He has one cheat day a week where he eats a **** ton of cals. At 70 dude looks amazing.

Have you ever seen @The Solution diet? Dudes lean af and eats epicly

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You guys aren’t putting this in perspective... the rock needs that large of a refeed based on how high his caloric needs are. You can’t compare his regimen to an average situation...

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Michael Phelps said when he was training for the Olympics he had to eat like 12,000 calories every day. I can see The Rock getting away with 15,000 every few months

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So you actually think if someone his size is dieting perfecly the whole week and he eats let’s say 10 000 calories in a big ass cheat meal that it’s gone ruin his physique? Lmfao you got it wrong. Especially on steroids. It’s called a refeed and if anything it’ll be beneficial for his physique.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you actually think if someone his size is dieting perfecly the whole week and he eats let’s say 10 000 calories in a big ass cheat meal that it’s gone ruin his physique? Lmfao you got it wrong. Especially on steroids. It’s called a refeed and if anything it’ll be beneficial for his physique.
Yes. I mean it’s all about calorie manipulation but still. If the rock maintains at 3,500 calories a day for example, and on his cheat day he eats 10,000 calories, that then puts him almost 1,000 calories over his maintaining calories for the week. For all I know, he plans for it but I would like to know what he does to make that work.

I’ve been trying to understand this better because I’ve been struggling to stay grinding on a cutting diet and could benefit from having a cheat meal. Not to that magnitude but something.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you eat super clean 90% of the time throwing in super cheat meals or days even doesnt really effect your physique. Most of these guys will say they look fuller bigger and it ramps up the metabolism actually. In my own experience I agree it works for me too.

Sylvester stallone is another one. Look up what his "cheat days" look like. He has one cheat day a week where he eats a **** ton of cals. At 70 dude looks amazing.

Where does he post it? I can’t find it.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys aren’t putting this in perspective... the rock needs that large of a refeed based on how high his caloric needs are. You can’t compare his regimen to an average situation...
He’s human still. Even if he’s on roids. I know he’s much bigger than most but it’s just more calories on average that he takes in but the principals apply to us all.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve always heard even if you consume a 10,000 cal meal your body cannot absorb it all before it passes through you

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes. I mean it’s all about calorie manipulation but still. If the rock maintains at 3,500 calories a day for example, and on his cheat day he eats 10,000 calories, that then puts him almost 1,000 calories over his maintaining calories for the week. For all I know, he plans for it but I would like to know what he does to make that work.

I’ve been trying to understand this better because I’ve been struggling to stay grinding on a cutting diet and could benefit from having a cheat meal. Not to that magnitude but something.
Ill put myself as exemple.I’m on test year round (trt). Currently blasting on test/NPP and some other stuff. My maintenance is at 2900 calories a day so you would think if I ate 3200-3300 calories I would gain but no. At the point I am i need to eat 4000-4200 calories daily to gain any muscle. Which is 1000+ a day from my maintenance so on paper that would mean I’m gonna be a fat **** in no time but it’s not the case I’m staying fairly lean. Once every two weeks I have a refeed day where my coach will have me eat anything I want up to 10 000 calories. It will not have a single effect on my BF % or my overal goal if anything I’m leaner when I wake up.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill put myself as exemple.I’m on test year round (trt). Currently blasting on test/NPP and some other stuff. My maintenance is at 2900 calories a day so you would think if I ate 3200-3300 calories I would gain but no. At the point I am i need to eat 4000-4200 calories daily to gain any muscle. Which is 1000+ a day from my maintenance so on paper that would mean I’m gonna be a fat **** in no time but it’s not the case I’m staying fairly lean. Once every two weeks I have a refeed day where my coach will have me eat anything I want up to 10 000 calories. It will not have a single effect on my BF % or my overal goal if anything I’m leaner when I wake up.
I get what you’re saying. I’m on cycle now and have been for 3 months (about to come off). I’ve been cutting but I’ve had a few cheat meals. I do wake up looking leaner the next day but the following days I can tell that I get less vascular and the scale doesn’t move at all. My cheat day is no where close to 10k calories but i feel like it doesn’t do anything good for my purposes. Bulking is a little different for me but I’m cutting so that’s the closest example I have from my own experience at the moment. Itereresting to hear that from you though.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat a lot of **** on weekends. (Week days are super strict) And I don’t limit myself... Albeit I’m not trying to cut down, but I’m able to keep gains around a 1/2 pound to pound a week... You’d be surprised what it would take to really turn to a pile of **** body comp wise... Again im not talking bodybuilder level conditioning here, but looking plenty better than 95% of guys on beach. Even the ripped meth-head anorexic ones...

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat a lot of **** on weekends. (Week days are super strict) And I don’t limit myself... Albeit I’m not trying to cut down, but I’m able to keep gains around a 1/2 pound to pound a week... You’d be surprised what it would take to really turn to a pile of **** body comp wise... Again im not talking bodybuilder level conditioning here, but looking plenty better than 95% of guys on beach. Even the ripped meth-head anorexic ones...
Ripped meth heads hahaha

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really do believe that the rock is/has used doses that most of us wouldn’t touch

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where does he post it? I can’t find it.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I do the same thing... But I ended deciding to see what would happen if I opened it up the entire weekend... I was not gaining at all.... When I added the second day, started gain a pound a week, no other variables.... 1 day is absolutely do-able...

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your body is going to adjust what you throw at it. Obviously everything in moderation but a giant cheat meal and your body is going to respond by ramping metabolism heavily and you're also going to expending a ton of calories just breaking down that much food. Add some normal exercise on top and the net caloric surplus you think you just ate isn't so great.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look up Eriktheelectric on YouTube.. **** makes no sense to me

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I did the 10,000 calorie challenge and it didn’t effect my body so I pretty much withdraw my shock and awe about these cheat meals lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty, while I cannot consume 15k a day, on a blast of 350mg cyp, I can easily eat twice maintenance calories and not pay attention to macros all that well, and stay very lean while adding mass. Combine many years of experience lifting, continual lifting, and supra levels of test, well it's a recipe for staying lean and eating a **** ton.