The road back to glory...

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Muscle memory is a beautiful thing!
Hell yeah it is!

Personally I don't think I really lost much muscle at all, just CNS efficiency. So each week my CNS get's its efficiency back pretty quickly. That's why so far I've been adding 2 or more reps each week to most weights.

The one that shocked me though was the 405 where I went from 2 reps to 12 the following week. I still haven't figured out how the heck that happened.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ugh, this morning my right arm has tendonitis like a mofo. Pain has been shooting down my forearm from my elbow nonstop. Feels like tennis elbow (outside). Been trying to stretch my tricep but that's one muscle I have a beeznoatch of a time stretching. I'm thinking that's probably the reason in the first place this tendonitis is acting up so bad.

I'm still going to the gym today no matter how bad it is. It's deadlift day and nothing is going to keep me from that.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
YAY! Bad news!

I figured deadlifts would be good because they wouldn't aggravate my tendonitis. WRONG. I'm now worried that it might be something different. Perhaps I pulled my brachioradialis or something. All I know is the massive gripping effort put my right arm in pain the likes of which I haven't known in a while.

I continued with the deadlifts anyway.

Deadlift on raised platform:
135x15
225x15
315x8
365x1x3
405x1

And ... voila hernia. Not too serious, the hernia is way up top of my abs, just below the solar plexus. Yippy.

Anyway, I tried to conitnue with the workout with wide grip lat pulldown. I figured the really wide grip would limit bicep involvement. Grip however was another issue. After the third set the pain in my right arm went all the way up to my shoulder and all the way down to my fingertips. Stretching wasn't helping at all at that point.

So long story short, I'm double forked.

Oh, Lat pulldown ultra wide grip:
150x15
180x12
195x8

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you pushed too hard just getting back into things?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you pushed too hard just getting back into things?
Maybe.

Perhaps if I were on some GH and Deca I wouldn't have gotten the tendonitis, or whatever it really is.

hernias though are unpredictable.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I had one at like 15...from lifting.

Oh well, we live and learn.

I wish I had the balls and money to mess with HGH....

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had one at like 15...from lifting.

Oh well, we live and learn.

I wish I had the balls and money to mess with HGH....
Doesn't take balls, just money. GH is some pretty safe stuff unless you plan on dosing it too high.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
???

Confused.

Taking thsi week off from training to recover and hopefully give my tendons a rest. Might do legs though either tonight or tomorrow.
I was just saying that I still don't have the money for it.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just saying that I still don't have the money for it.
Ah ok. Yeah GH is expensive stuff.

Then again, I suppose IGF1 should do pretty much the same thing as far as tendons are concerned if you take enough for systemic effects. Injuries frequently have a large number of IGF1 receptors so the risk of unwanted systemic effects should be reduced.

Meh, it's all pointless. I don't have the cash for either right now.