I can’t post pictures.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am a huge fan of there whey protein as you know Cinna Crunch and PB Cups are spectacular (From my video review).
I am eager to see how they flavor a bar (Should be awesome). Can't wait to see their formula and macros

Wait till you try the new Xtend Pro (100% Isolate). The base chocolate and vanilla flavor are top tier, and their cookie butter is more of a PB Cookie IMO. You will love it for making protein ice cream
$37.50 for a 5lb isolate is pretty darn good.
Where can you get the xtend for $37.50?

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a huge fan of there whey protein as you know Cinna Crunch and PB Cups are spectacular (From my video review).
I am eager to see how they flavor a bar (Should be awesome). Can't wait to see their formula and macros

Wait till you try the new Xtend Pro (100% Isolate). The base chocolate and vanilla flavor are top tier, and their cookie butter is more of a PB Cookie IMO. You will love it for making protein ice cream
I have a tub of the vanilla Xtend Pro and I’m actually not a fan. Slight chemical aftertaste. I’m also not a big time vanilla fan. Not bashing at all as I like the company and they sent me the tub free. Was just hoping I’d get any of the other flavors besides vanilla

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried it as a shake multiple times at HQ and never picked up on that. Compared to some of the other great vanilla's on the market I would put it right towards the top due to the fact being an isolate it won't pack as much flavor as a blend (PES) or a MRP based product (like a XF 2.0). It still has a luscious flavor and packs density to a saturated market where all brands produce a vanilla. The one that gave me a light chemical taste was the salted caramel. Coming from someone who doesn't like vanilla though I can see why you probably were turned off in the first place.

The Cookie butter is more of a PB Cookie (far stretch of true speculoos), but still enjoyable and some will like it, but the name is decieving.
I wanted to try either the cookie butter or the chocolate lava cake. I’ll have to see if I go for either of those with my next protein order

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just had my first workout with the Re1gn replacement, IamSupr3me. It was incredible honestly. I’ve been having tough luck with pres lately in terms of over stimulation and painful pumps that actually hurt my workouts and ability to lift in volume. The energy from IamSupr3me was super clean and I never got painful pumps. I noticed I was much more relaxed and focused throughout my workout and felt very strong from start to finish. The biggest plus for me is the clean focus and the fact that I really felt the mind muscle connection I’ve been missing for quite some time. Well done OL OlympusLabs

I wanted to also add this was with ONE scoop about 45 minutes prior to my lift. Took it at home. 5 min drive to gym. 5 mins of foam rolling/mobility. 15 mins of warmup cardio. I looked visibly fuller and more vascular before I even picked up a weight. I had the black cherry flavor which I’m blanking on the actual name but I think it’s called dark magic. Flavor was solid as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just had my first workout with the Re1gn replacement, IamSupr3me. It was incredible honestly. I’ve been having tough luck with pres lately in terms of over stimulation and painful pumps that actually hurt my workouts and ability to lift in volume. The energy from IamSupr3me was super clean and I never got painful pumps. I noticed I was much more relaxed and focused throughout my workout and felt very strong from start to finish. The biggest plus for me is the clean focus and the fact that I really felt the mind muscle connection I’ve been missing for quite some time. Well done OL OlympusLabs
re1gn replacement is the black magic version, is this what you used?

I don't see much difference between re1gn and black magic, which is exactly what I was hoping for!!!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I don't see much difference between re1gn and black magic, which is exactly what I was hoping for!!!
I’ll snap a bottle pic bc I never personally used Re1gn but one of my review writers for Modern Athletic Health did

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is the same product just renamed to the Black Magic Edition.
No changes in the formula or profile

The regular I Am Suprem3 is going to be the brand’s latest and greatest pre-workout, while the Black Magic Edition is essentially a rebranded version of Olympus Labs’ current pre-workout, Re1gn.

We are still waiting on the new pre to launch

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
everyone is entitled to an opinion and so am I....imo the regular iamsupreme will not be better than re1gn/black magic...not even close for me!!!

very happy OL decided not to change original formula of re1gn, I love the stuff!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Peak X is now available for purchase ---> Core's Non stim Pre WO

way too expensive for $45

New CP Fuel comes out Monday

Legion is joining the bar game
* They are a company who thrives off no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
** These will also have pea protein (May be chalky)
**20g Protein, 38g Carbs, 6g Fat
**** Flavors: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Peanut Butter

Guerilla Chemist (Bryan Moskow) starting his own line and starting with a pre-workout
Will contain 13 raw active ingredients two which are Peak02 and GlycerPump

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guerilla Chemist (Bryan Moskow) starting his own line and starting with a pre-workout
Will contain 13 raw active ingredients two which are Peak02 and GlycerPump
Now this has me excited. Listened to a couple podcasts Bryan is on as well as peeped his IG - guy is a sharp cookie, and I would expect anything he produces to be the most efficient way to get the job done right, with an eye towards health as well. He’s also big on nootropics.

Hope he makes an all-in-one cycle or heart support product that will actually be legit, so I don’t have to buy 10 bottles of things like I do now.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I really like the loopy fruits protein, probably the best tasting product i've tried in a while

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a newer TD Urolithin B out by one of the smaller supplement companies. Has the same Ingredient that Olympus Labs EP1LOGUE has but its TD and has MUCH more of an impact d/t it being TD.

And it works too. Read this study, its got pretty insane results when delivered via a non-oral route.

Urolithin B, a newly identified regulator of skeletal muscle mass: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28251839
TLDR: Urolithin B increased muscle mass in mice more than injected testosterone.

Anyway, if you wanna check it out it's called Lithos by Apex Alchemy.

https://www.apex-alchemy.com/collections/frontpage/products/lithos

Lithos_gel_product_pic_WEB_res_360x.jpg

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There is a newer TD Urolithin B out by one of the smaller supplement companies. Has the same Ingredient that Olympus Labs EP1LOGUE has but its TD and has MUCH more of an impact d/t it being TD.

And it works too. Read this study, its got pretty insane results when delivered via a non-oral route.

Urolithin B, a newly identified regulator of skeletal muscle mass: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28251839
TLDR: Urolithin B increased muscle mass in mice more than injected testosterone.

View attachment 176230
Why would it have much more of an impact just because its in transdermal application?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would it have much more of an impact just because its in transdermal application?
Ya I agree with this. I see no reason for this to need to be a TD. Although I really do respect 2kvettes opinion. He is a brilliant man.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ya I agree with this. I see no reason for this to need to be a TD. Although I really do respect 2kvettes opinion. He is a brilliant man.
Yeah, standing by while hes debating with the brofessor made me feel like a big dummy lol

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

View attachment 176230
The linked study uses osmotic pumps. Can you please explain why that would make transdermal more impactful than oral?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so you guys are all aware of the 17a-methyl modification to prevent metabolism in steroids on first pass. But I'm willing to bet most of you don't know there are two separate and distinct types of metabolism possible during first pass. Metabolism is broken up into two phases. Phase 1 is where changes like Ketone to Alcohol takes place; phase 2 is where something called conjugation happens. Conjugation is how our body gets things ready for excretion into urine, and usually happens with the second pass through the liver. In cases where the substrate (Urolithin B) doesnt have a moiety suitable for phase 1 metabolism, it skips phase 1 and goes directly to phase 2, conjugation.

The purpose of conjugation is to take substrates that are largely non-polar, i.e. steroids or Urolithin B, and make them polar so they can be excreted in urine. They do this by attaching a modified sugar or sulfate group to an alcohol or ketone, or similar group. This increases the polarity so they dont get reabsorbed once they are in the filtrate in the urine, which increases their excretion.

Urolithin B is not subject to any extensive phase 1 metabolism, BUT, it is subject to extensive phase 2 metabolism.
Phase-II metabolism limits the antiproliferative activity of urolithins in human colon cancer cells.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24077694
To quote for those who don't want/have time to read the study, "We also report here, for the first time, the role of ABC transporters and Phase-II metabolism in HT-29 cells as a mechanism of cancer resistance against urolithins due to their conversion to glucuronide conjugates that exerted lower antiproliferative activity"

The underlined portion is key. The limiting factor in the activity of the Urolithins and their multitude of species is their conjugation. The only way to limit exposure to conjugation is to skip the first exposure to it all together. The only way to skip the first exposure is to use a non-oral route, like IM, SC, or TD.

Here, the authors report that while Urolithin B is amazing on paper, the phase 2 exposure nullifies the effects to a point at which they are no longer relevant.
"Therefore, phase-II metabolism limits the antiproliferative, estrogenic, and antiestrogenic activities of dietary polyphenols on BC cells. Likewise, as a call of caution, enthusiasm should be limited for publishing effects that are not physiologically relevant."
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jafc.8b03100

Lastly, the urine excretion. (This study also showed that gut microbiology also deactivates it via phase 2 metablism)
" However, the microbial metabolite 3,8-dihydroxy-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-6-one (urolithin B) conjugated with glucuronic acid was detected [in the urine] along the fractions F3-F5 in all of the subjects, independently of the consumed foodstuff."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15656654

In summary, the effects of Urolithin B are limited due to phase 2 metabolism. Upon oral ingestion, this occurs in (1) gut microbes (2) hepatic first-pass (3) target tissue cells. TD bypasses 2 out of the 3 phase 2 metabolic routes, meaning TD Urolithin B has only one third the exposure to metabolic deactivation as oral Urolithin B.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, standing by while hes debating with the brofessor made me feel like a big dummy lol
No reason to feel like a dummy. No one is smarter than anyone, some just pick up on certain things a little quicker than others or have prerequisite knowledge that gives them an advantage.

In population based IQ studies, they've found that intelligence is about 60% hereditary and 40% d/t non genomic factors that aren't yet known. Meaning even if you get a crap set of genes it doesn't mean your SOL. There's a lot you can do with 40%

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay, so you guys are all aware of the 17a-methyl modification to prevent metabolism in steroids on first pass. But I'm willing to bet most of you don't know there are two separate and distinct types of metabolism possible during first pass. Metabolism is broken up into two phases. Phase 1 is where changes like Ketone to Alcohol takes place; phase 2 is where something called conjugation happens. Conjugation is how our body gets things ready for excretion into urine, and usually happens with the second pass through the liver. In cases where the substrate (Urolithin B) doesnt have a moiety suitable for phase 1 metabolism, it skips phase 1 and goes directly to phase 2, conjugation.

The purpose of conjugation is to take substrates that are largely non-polar, i.e. steroids or Urolithin B, and make them polar so they can be excreted in urine. They do this by attaching a modified sugar or sulfate group to an alcohol or ketone, or similar group. This increases the polarity so they dont get reabsorbed once they are in the filtrate in the urine, which increases their excretion.

Urolithin B is not subject to any extensive phase 1 metabolism, BUT, it is subject to extensive phase 2 metabolism.
Phase-II metabolism limits the antiproliferative activity of urolithins in human colon cancer cells.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24077694
To quote for those who don't want/have time to read the study, "We also report here, for the first time, the role of ABC transporters and Phase-II metabolism in HT-29 cells as a mechanism of cancer resistance against urolithins due to their conversion to glucuronide conjugates that exerted lower antiproliferative activity"

The underlined portion is key. The limiting factor in the activity of the Urolithins and their multitude of species is their conjugation. The only way to limit exposure to conjugation is to skip the first exposure to it all together. The only way to skip the first exposure is to use a non-oral route, like IM, SC, or TD.

Here, the authors report that while Urolithin B is amazing on paper, the phase 2 exposure nullifies the effects to a point at which they are no longer relevant.
"Therefore, phase-II metabolism limits the antiproliferative, estrogenic, and antiestrogenic activities of dietary polyphenols on BC cells. Likewise, as a call of caution, enthusiasm should be limited for publishing effects that are not physiologically relevant."
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jafc.8b03100

Lastly, the urine excretion. (This study also showed that gut microbiology also deactivates it via phase 2 metablism)
" However, the microbial metabolite 3,8-dihydroxy-6H-dibenzo[b,d]pyran-6-one (urolithin B) conjugated with glucuronic acid was detected [in the urine] along the fractions F3-F5 in all of the subjects, independently of the consumed foodstuff."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15656654

In summary, the effects of Urolithin B are limited due to phase 2 metabolism. Upon oral ingestion, this occurs in (1) gut microbes (2) hepatic first-pass (3) target tissue cells. TD bypasses 2 out of the 3 phase 2 metabolic routes, meaning TD Urolithin B has only one third the exposure to metabolic deactivation as oral Urolithin B.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Human studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3679724/) on ellagitannins and ellagic acid show that Urolithins are very well absorbed and circulate mainly as in plasma as glucuronide and sulfate conjugates (small amounts of actual Urolithin B also detected).

We know through multiple studies that Urolithin and its metabolites (particularly urolithin glucuronides) rapidly build up in tissues and also have a relatively long elimination time (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5501434/#CR52)

More recent search following on from your colon cancer cell research (http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/dmd/early/2017/03/10/dmd.117.075200.full.pdf) shows the following:
uro1.png

uro.png

Obviously further in-vivo evidence is needed to confirm this...but it shows mutliple avenues of deconjugation of UroB metabolites to release aglycones directly to the specific tissue..

And what tissue would this selectively target?
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stephen_Day5/publication/38145248_Changes_in_indices_of_antioxidant_status_lipid_peroxidation_and_inflammation_in_human_skeletal_muscle_after_eccentric_muscle_actions/links/568ce6f408ae197e426a2a8f/Changes-in-indices-of-antioxidant-status-lipid-peroxidation-and-inflammation-in-human-skeletal-muscle-after-eccentric-muscle-actions.pdf
uro3.png

So I agree that TD may lead to less Phase II metabolism of Urolithin B aglycone...But going back to my original comment - I still question whether it would actually yield more UroB in muscle cells compared to Oral.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No reason to feel like a dummy. No one is smarter than anyone, some just pick up on certain things a little quicker than others or have prerequisite knowledge that gives them an advantage.

In population based IQ studies, they've found that intelligence is about 60% hereditary and 40% d/t non genomic factors that aren't yet known. Meaning even if you get a crap set of genes it doesn't mean your SOL. There's a lot you can do with 40%
speaking of IQ's...I think entering a shopping center parking lot at Christmas time shaves off a good 50%....just sayin

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Human studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3679724/) on ellagitannins and ellagic acid show that Urolithins are very well absorbed and circulate mainly as in plasma as glucuronide and sulfate conjugates (small amounts of actual Urolithin B also detected).

We know through multiple studies that Urolithin and its metabolites (particularly urolithin glucuronides) rapidly build up in tissues and also have a relatively long elimination time (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5501434/#CR52)

More recent search following on from your colon cancer cell research (http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/dmd/early/2017/03/10/dmd.117.075200.full.pdf) shows the following:
View attachment 176268
View attachment 176267

Obviously further in-vivo evidence is needed to confirm this...but it shows mutliple avenues of deconjugation of UroB metabolites to release aglycones directly to the specific tissue..

And what tissue would this selective target?
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stephen_Day5/publication/38145248_Changes_in_indices_of_antioxidant_status_lipid_peroxidation_and_inflammation_in_human_skeletal_muscle_after_eccentric_muscle_actions/links/568ce6f408ae197e426a2a8f/Changes-in-indices-of-antioxidant-status-lipid-peroxidation-and-inflammation-in-human-skeletal-muscle-after-eccentric-muscle-actions.pdf
View attachment 176269

So I agree that TD may lead to less Phase II metabolism of Urolithin B aglycone...But going back to my original comment - I still question whether it would actually yield more UroB in muscle cells compared to Oral.
Well there is a lot of info it would seem. Anyway, when looking at microbiome conjugation in the gut, we know that this would in fact lead to less absorption d/t the increased polarity yielding less Uro B glucoronide being able to cross from the intestinal lumen into the gut wall. So less into portal vein, then the amount that does make it in gets another chance at conjugation on first pass. So it goes conjugation, then conjugation again. Direct & immediate exposure to two separate rounds of conjugation back to back after oral administration does not bode well in practice or theory.

If the muscles are able to grow under inflammation, then the increased glucoronidase activity would work, but you grow when you rest. And when your resting those enzyme levels fall fast. Oh and one more thing before I forget. IIRC, the equilibrium for glucoronidase and sulfase enzymes lies far to the product side of the equation, not the substrate. So their natural state is majority conjugates.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well there is a lot of info it would seem. Anyway, when looking at microbiome conjugation in the gut, we know that this would in fact lead to less absorption d/t the increased polarity yielding less Uro B glucoronide being able to cross from the intestinal lumen into the gut wall. So less into portal vein, then the amount that does make it in gets another chance at conjugation on first pass. So it goes conjugation, then conjugation again. Direct & immediate exposure to two separate rounds of conjugation back to back after oral administration does not bode well in practice or theory.

If the muscles are able to grow under inflammation, then the increased glucoronidase activity would work, but you grow when you rest. And when your resting those enzyme levels fall fast. Oh and one more thing before I forget. IIRC, the equilibrium for glucoronidase and sulfase enzymes lies far to the product side of the equation, not the substrate. So their natural state is majority conjugates.
In relation to your first paragraph - Until we have oral and transdermal pharmacokinetics studies on Urolithin B your whole first paragraph still doesn't demonstate that a TD application will acheive higher levels of tissue UroB vs Oral.. btw what is the per dosage serving for your product?

Well if you read that study it shows an increasing level of the enzyme at day 7. Given anyone engaging in resistance training multiple times per week then it seems rather irrational suggest otherwise. Can you clarify the last two sentences, I don't understand what you are saying.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In relation to your first paragraph - Until we have oral and transdermal pharmacokinetics studies on Urolithin B your whole first paragraph still doesn't demonstate that a TD application will acheive higher levels of tissue UroB vs Oral.. btw what is the per dosage serving for your product?

Well if you read that study it shows an increasing level of the enzyme at day 7. Given anyone engaging in resistance training multiple times per week then it seems rather irrational suggest otherwise. Can you clarify the last two sentences, I don't understand what you are saying.
Yes we need a prospective-trial to determine this with certainty. But I think it is fair to say that there is enough evidence with this specific substance to make the statement that is is likely, with some degree of certainty, that TD offers better results. We can say for certain that TD would provide higher serum levels of the active substance.

But my other two sentences, what I mean is this. Every enzyme has a set point at which it no longer converts anymore of the substrate.

The equation looks like this: SUBSTRATE ===enzyme===> PRODUCT

The extent to which an enzyme converts a substrate into the product is different for each enzyme. Ex, Enzyme A may convert 90% of substrate into product while enzyme B may convert 60% of a substrate into the product.
After a certain concentration, the product begins to inhibit the enzyme producing it. This is called allosteric inhibition. In conjugation, IIRC, the equilibrium set point for this reaction lies very far to the right side of the equation. Basically all the way to the right, 99% conjugated, 1% unconjugated. This is an evolutionary adaptation in order to ensure we can rapidly excrete ingested substances by nearly fully conjugating them.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this discussion needs moved to another thread. if nothing else, so that it’s not buried in several thousand comments.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this discussion needs moved to another thread. if nothing else, so that it’s not buried in several thousand comments.
Agreed, can any mods help us out here? Could be some important info & learnings that we dont wanna get lost.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
speaking of IQ's...I think entering a shopping center parking lot at Christmas time shaves off a good 50%....just sayin
this is all great discussion guys but it’s starting to make my brain hurt lol.
As totally different as these two subjects are, I agree with both !!

I sure am glad my wife like to show without me!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FortiFX is working on a PB&J Bar
Peanut Butter Bar (they already have) with a jelly glaze on top (looked Strawberry) due to it being pink
This was leaked on one of their reps IG's Stories. I don't have the full picture ATM but it has expired after a day

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PB&J anything sounds good to me !!

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spartan Whey Loopy Fruits & Krunchy Krisp Review

[video=youtube;9D2LPYf3hE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2LPYf3hE4[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2LPYf3hE4

I agree with your Krunchy Krisp review. It's almost like there is a few different chocolates and there is a different mouth feel as well. It was like hot fudge mixed with chocolate milk, you could taste the separation. Cinna Crunch was my favorite out of Sparta's flavors that I've tried. Vanilla and the Cookie's and Cream are also both good as well.