The New Ghostbusters

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
So we've seen the piss-poor trailers and heard all the complaints about the all female team. My question is will this suck?!

I don't care if all the ghostbusters are women as long as the movie is good. Also of you look at Feig's track record the trailers usually don't do the movies justice to how funny they actually are (Bridesmaids & Spy). I just wish that rather then a reboot they would have made this a "passing of the torch" type of movie. Like say Wig's character was Egon's daughter and her interest in the paranormal was because of him. They could have used it as an excellent way to page homage to Ramis.

Idk, I'll see it but I willingly admit I do not have high hopes. What do you guys think?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw an article the other day that said Dan Akroyd gave praise for the new movie, but Akroyd is also the whore that gave us Blues Brothers 2000.

I'll admit that I might watch this if on a flight and it's the only option, but other than that I doubt I'll even give it a chance. The original is part of my childhood and I hate remakes.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't trust Akroyd as he is too much involved to give anything but a completely biased review.

I was never a fan of reboots until Batman Begins. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Bale's Bat Voice I loved the scale of the trilogy.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was at Alice through the looking glass Sunday with my wife and daughters. The Ghostbusters trailer came on and people were cracking up. I'm sure it will be funny, however just not the same.

Ecto Cooler though lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah I don't trust Akroyd as he is too much involved to give anything but a completely biased review.

I was never a fan of reboots until Batman Begins. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Bale's Bat Voice I loved the scale of the trilogy.
Yeah, I should clarify. I don't mind reboots so much if they use unique stories, but when these remakes come out and they are redoing old scenes, then it's annoying. They didn't have to use 4 ghostbusters with the same personalities as the originals. Get creative!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I should clarify. I don't mind reboots so much if they use unique stories, but when these remakes come out and they are redoing old scenes, then it's annoying. They didn't have to use 4 ghostbusters with the same personalities as the originals. Get creative!
Perfectly put!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't care for a remake of any movie.

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I saw an article the other day that said Dan Akroyd gave praise for the new movie, but Akroyd is also the whore that gave us Blues Brothers 2000.

I'll admit that I might watch this if on a flight and it's the only option, but other than that I doubt I'll even give it a chance. The original is part of my childhood and I hate remakes.

pretty sure Akroyd is a a Executive Producer for this dumpster fire of a movie, so it is in his best interested to hype it as a good movie.

and like you said the 1st two movies were so good and a large part of my childhood as well.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Akroyd is getting paid for this damn movie. I love how he was like "this is funnier and scarier than the first 2 combined" I was like STFU

"Oh plus this has Bill Murray in it"

Like we get it, you want everyone to love this movie but its going to suck.

This is basically Bridesmaids plus slime

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Have any of you played the Ghostbusters video game? I guess it's the closest thing we'll ever get to a Ghostbusters 3

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Have any of you played the Ghostbusters video game? I guess it's the closest thing we'll ever get to a Ghostbusters 3
Hell yeah I did!!! Game was great and some of it scared the crap out of me

I wish they'd make it backwards compatible

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I only played it for Wii, I need to play it on 360!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
You'll love it! I love how they got the original voices to come back and it felt like GHOSTBUSTERS 3. The ghosts were awesome, some of them even scared me like crazy. Overall VERY underrated game

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CNizz General Chat 4