xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I know I've told a couple people about this.. But I have been going to what I call a blue hair gym.. It caters to the older crowd. That's fine. There is never a clash of interests really. Any how.. There is these two old power lifter guys. I like to call them my affectionate nick name I gave them... "The Iron Warlords" 🏋️‍♂️
These two are old. One I estimate is in his mid to late 60's and the Other Is quite a bit older and I suspect 70's. The warlords are tattered. The older gent walks with a cane. The Younger of the two helps the old guy around. Not sure if there's a relation there beyond lifting. I've seen these guys doing hard core stuff and they mean business. They bring all the gear. Sling shots, wraps, weight belts, you name it, its probably in their gym bag.
Today the old guy took a spill right in front of me. While on his 3rd rep of dead lifts with either 225 or 325, He failed and fell backward with the momentum.. I almost caught him as I dropped my DBs.. but just missed as he hit the deck.
Holy chit! I'm thinking busted hip. And the guy kind of shakes its his head and looks lost.. Now I'm thinking he hit his head. It all happened so fast. I help him as he kind of makes sense of what happened and his buddy and I assess the guy for any injuries. He says hes good and we help him to his feet.

What happens next was the best thing ever. The old guy gathers himself and slips his shoes off. Has his buddy strip a plate off either side and bare foots 135 for 3 more reps!!! I'm like this guys is walking with a cane and gets it done more than 90% of the people in there. Later before he limped off to his next exercise, he had his partner help him over to where is was still at and thanked me. I told em "anytime gentlemen" as they sundered off to go kill it on the leg press.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whether you can or you can't, you're right.-Henry Ford

That's a really cool story and these guys decided they can.