THE DEA WANTS TO LIMIT YOUR ACCESS TO TELEMEDICINE

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The DEA has proposed new rules that could significantly impact telemedicine prescription of non-narcotic medications (Schedule III, IV, and V). These rules require in-person evaluations by prescribing physicians, additional record-keeping, two-way audio communication, and limited medication supplies. This would affect patients on long-term therapies like hormone replacement, creating unnecessary burdens for both doctors and patients.
These rules could harm doctors by increasing administrative tasks, limiting prescription options, and reducing scheduling flexibility. Patients may face difficulties such as mandatory in-person visits, frequent refills, and higher costs. However, the rules have not yet taken effect, and there is still time to petition the DEA to reconsider through public comments.
The rules have not yet taken effect, and there’s still time to petition the DEA to reconsider. Public comments can influence the outcome, so sharing your thoughts on the matter is crucial. The due date for comments on March 31, 2023, only a few days away. Read below to act and defend your access to telemedicine.

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Glad I didn't get the Clot Shot....

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think it's fixable
IMO they could start with putting anyone involved with making selling or pushing it, heads on a pike and let them line the streets of DC. forever. that would include the dirty fookin hospitals (drs, administrations or otherwise) who knowingly took the money to say people were dying of covid when they were not.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
IMO they could start with putting anyone involved with making selling or pushing it, heads on a pike and let them line the streets of DC. forever. that would include the dirty fookin hospitals (drs, administrations or otherwise) who knowingly took the money to say people were dying of covid when they were not.
Lol

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice. Going full Jacobin haha

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
...and stay away from my test! lol
I have a pretty good stock pile of pharma test, in case they want to play games

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was listening to Joe Rogan's most recent podcast with Andrew Huberman today. towards the end of the episode they addressed this DEA Telemedicine situation. Huberman said to write letters

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The dea has got to be thr biggest waste of federal funds there is. I can get pretty much any drug I want anytime i want and if I want a lot it may just take a bit longer but if yiu have to money it's no problem

CTB4444

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like they're going to treat it like they do schedule 2 prescriptions. The process of refilling sch 2 prescriptions like adderall is ridiculous. Have to get a new prescription every month (no refills) and you have to see a doctor every 90 days. So every 90 days you have to walk in and say "everything's cool, bye" and pay for a doctors appointment to change absolutely nothing and every 30 days, you have to call and ask them to send a refill even though Ive been doing this for 12 years.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sounds like they're going to treat it like they do schedule 2 prescriptions. The process of refilling sch 2 prescriptions like adderall is ridiculous. Have to get a new prescription every month (no refills) and you have to see a doctor every 90 days. So every 90 days you have to walk in and say "everything's cool, bye" and pay for a doctors appointment to change absolutely nothing and every 30 days, you have to call and ask them to send a refill even though Ive been doing this for 12 years.
I have a prescription for Ativan and it is becoming a nightmare to get refills....I have aloccasuonal anxiety and use it to calm my brain down in the evening.

I dont abuse it and they treat me like an addict

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I may need to find a plug lol

CTB4444

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have a prescription for Ativan and it is becoming a nightmare to get refills....I have aloccasuonal anxiety and use it to calm my brain down in the evening.

yeah man, thats the worse part. The pharmacies treat you like **** and judge you. They can even refuse to fill it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I may need to find a plug lol

I had the pharmacy tech or pharmacist "not sure who was who" but they gave me the stare down and a uncomfortable silence because I asked for a 1ml oral syringe.

I can't imagine how he would have treated me if I was picking up my meds lol

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had the pharmacy tech or pharmacist "not sure who was who" but they gave me the stare down and a uncomfortable silence because I asked for a 1ml oral syringe.

I went to wal mart a couple months back and asked for a box of syringes and the way the woman looked at me it's was like she was about to call the cops. Went to the Walgreens down the street and this cute pharm tech was really nice all she said was I can't sell you a box but I can sell you a couple 10 packs. So now I try my best to have the younger employees help me

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
On a side note

I use gpzmedlab

I've been using this place for my syringes. Delivery right to rhe door and don't have to deal with these idiot pharmacy peope

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
On a side note

I use gpzmedlab

I've been using this place for my syringes. Delivery right to rhe door and don't have to deal with these idiot pharmacy peope

I'm talking about ORAL syringes. The stuff we give babies medicine with. No needles

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I went to wal mart a couple months back and asked for a box of syringes and the way the woman looked at me it's was like she was about to call the cops. Went to the Walgreens down the street and this cute pharm tech was really nice all she said was I can't sell you a box but I can sell you a couple 10 packs. So now I try my best to have the younger employees help me
Happened to me too. Also CVS denied giving me a basic physical and chastized me because my TRT clinic needs me to provide them with an annual physical

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm talking about ORAL syringes. The stuff we give babies medicine with. No needles
Oh ****!!! Lol

They gave you the look for those lmao

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s remarkably sexist legislation.

My adult stepdaughter can call Planned Parenthood up, get a multi-month script for hormone replacement no issue for her birth control, and if she wanted to be transgender they would do the same for her with testosterone.

But now if she was my son instead, she would be having to satisfy monthly requirements for said hormone replacement. That is not equality.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It’s remarkably sexist legislation.

My adult stepdaughter can call Planned Parenthood up, get a multi-month script for hormone replacement no issue for her birth control, and if she wanted to be transgender they would do the same for her with testosterone.

But now if she was my son instead, she would be having to satisfy monthly requirements for said hormone replacement. That is not equality.
science and medicine are secondary to sociopolitics. Look at the covid vaccine for example. I saw pharmacies with signs on the wall that said "Get the vaccine to protect your loved ones" despite the very publically known and bipartisan fact that vaccination didnt prevent transmission.

It was all political and doctors just accepted it. Same goes for the whole trans consensus.
Everyone in the TRT community knows that no male should be taking TRT before puberty... Most males shouldnt even be taking TRT in their 20s...

yet puberty blockers and HRT are being prescribed to kids who self-identify as trans.

Its also being labeled as "forced puberty" when parents deny their trans prepubescent kids from getting on puberty blockers.
Doctors dont chastize this behavior..

but how dare we ask for a physical at CVS so we can keep taking our TRT as 30+ year old men

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
This country is screwed.

I'm gonna move far away from everyone and start a homestead with my family

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
20 years ago, you could go online to a public website, answer 10 questions (with the "correct" answers highlighted).
Then a "Dr. would review" the questionnaire.
The next day, a FedEx truck would pull up (before noon) with a bottle of narcotics, in a prescription bottle, with your name, and a Physician's name on the Prescription.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
20 years ago, you could go online to a public website, answer 10 questions (with the "correct" answers highlighted).
The next day, a FedEx truck would pull up (before noon) with a bottle of narcotics, in a prescription bottle, with your name, and a Physician's name on the Prescription.
So true tropicalrx.com sent me and my brother hundreds of norcos over a couple month span.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So true tropicalrx.com sent me and my brother hundreds of norcos over a couple month span.
Yep.
I'm glad that system got shut down.
It was very dangerous (even for kids).

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
thats how it should be imo. Alcohol is right up there in terms of abuse-prone substances.. with a higher chance of mortality over taking TRT-dosed test.

yet its OTC. I dont think banning stuff solves anything. Just makes it harder to get for the non criminals who want to use it for its actual intended purposes.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thats how it should be imo. Alcohol is right up there in terms of abuse-prone substances.. with a higher chance of mortality over taking TRT-dosed test.

yet its OTC. I dont think banning stuff solves anything. Just makes it harder to get for the non criminals who want to use it for its actual intended purposes.
I'm glad it's gone. .
When I get hurt (significantly), would I like to have the access?
Sure.
So would a lot of children.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree that alcohol is very dangerous and harmful to a lot of people. I've seen friends and family members suffer tremendously. Some even died.

Alcohol is controlled to a degree, and I personally believe it should be.

Narcotics are controlled as well ... To a Greater degree (and I personally have no problem with that).

What I do have a problem with, is Narcotics becoming so controlled, that when they are truly needed, they (many times) cannot even be accessed.

I had a neck injury that was so painful a few years ago, that I was actually throwing up (several different times) from the pain.

And every Dr. I saw, was afraid to give a Prescription for narcotics.

There should be a middle ground, IMO.
If these drugs are too dangerous to be prescribed, they have no business being on the market.
.... No, I'm not advocating the removal of them. They have their place.

:)(y)

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm glad it's gone. .
When I get hurt (significantly), would I like to have the access?
Sure.
So would a lot of children.
Education is more important than restrictions IMO. Fentanyl is highly illegal and controlled, yet kids are dying at rates to the point where its considered an epidemic. I subscribe to the perspective that banning something or putting restrictions on it does not prevent abuse or death. we've all been kids before, and we all remember that if we wanted to get our hands on soemthing we could get it... just at a much worse quality, from who knows where, cut with who knows what

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Education is more important than restrictions IMO. Fentanyl is highly illegal and controlled, yet kids are dying at rates to the point where its considered an epidemic. I subscribe to the perspective that banning something or putting restrictions on it does not prevent abuse or death. we've all been kids before, and we all remember that if we wanted to get our hands on soemthing we could get it... just at a much worse quality, from who knows where, cut with who knows what
I understand what you're saying, but If Fentanyl wasn't restricted, I have no doubt that we'd be seeing even more deaths.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t think alcohol or opiates are relevant to the legislation being proposed.

We are talking about being able to do a Skype call with a medical doctor for HRT & multi-month prescriptions vs monthly script renewals and mandatory in person visits (greatly restricting access to any medical providers for those who live in remote regions).

What I’m concerned with is a grown man in remote areas of some place like Wyoming cannot reasonably get access to affordable medicine, because he lives too far from any provider. And the precedent this could set for our medical system and the way it sets a need for over-reliance on an already overburdened corporate medical system.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t think alcohol or opiates are relevant to the legislation being proposed.

We are talking about being able to do a Skype call with a medical doctor for HRT & multi-month prescriptions vs monthly script renewals and mandatory in person visits (greatly restricting access to any medical providers for those who live in remote regions).

What I’m concerned with is a grown man in remote areas of some place like Wyoming cannot reasonably get access to affordable medicine, because he lives too far from any provider. And the precedent this could set for our medical system and the way it sets a need for over-reliance on an already overburdened corporate medical system.
The reason I brought it up, is that a lot of individuals advocating for online HRT Scripts view it All as the same, an incursion against getting anything they like, whenever they like, by whatever means they like.

But also .... (Sadly), the Supreme Failure of the old system that I referred to earlier, reflects (in many.... Especially lawnakers' eyes) on this particular argument.

Also sadly ..... The above failure and necessity for the Government to step in in that instance, also sets precedent for this situation.

They are not the same type of drugs At All. But they are both controlled substances.

:-(

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Who's behind this whole b.s. legislation. Don't tell me one say the dea said you know what we're gonna do today, we're gonna make everyone on trt have to see a doctor once a month to get a refill

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Who's behind this whole b.s. legislation. Don't tell me one say the dea said you know what we're gonna do today, we're gonna make everyone on trt have to see a doctor once a month to get a refill
Someone else may know ( in this instance), but I haven't looked into it.
However (as I'm sure you know), Elected officials are almost always responsible for things like this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The reason I brought it up, is that a lot of individuals advocating for online HRT Scripts view it All as the same, an incursion against getting anything they like, whenever they like, by whatever means they like.

But also .... (Sadly), the Supreme Failure of the old system that I referred to earlier, reflects (in many.... Especially lawnakers' eyes) on this particular argument.

Also sadly ..... The above failure and necessity for the Government to step in in that instance, also sets precedent for this situation.

They are not the same type of drugs At All. But they are both controlled substances.

:-(
I can appreciate how you might come by that correlation, but I feel sticking to the precedent for the current class of drugs (sex hormones) is more realistic for comparison.

Again, my daughter or wife will not be held to this standard to receive prescription synthetic estrogen and/or progestin derivatives. Why should testosterone be suddenly treated differently? I could better understand if they were acting to limit all sex hormone therapy.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can appreciate how you might come by that correlation, but I feel sticking to the precedent for the current class of drugs (sex hormones) is more realistic for comparison.

Again, my daughter or wife will not be held to this standard to receive prescription synthetic estrogen and/or progestin derivatives. Why should testosterone be suddenly treated differently? I could better understand if they were acting to limit all sex hormone therapy.
I am not Advocating for these things (at all. LOL).
And I am not saying there Should be a correlation.
But for me to say that the Government won't make comparisons, and draw correlations, would be to totally forget how the Government normally goes about business.

I am Not anti-Anabolics, or Hormones (Obviously, LOL).

I hope this doesn't go through.

But it seems like it may take a LOT of pushback, in the right places, to have any hope of stopping it

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
The "Golden Era of Pill Popping" lol jk

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty disappointing out of many big fitness etc. YouTube channels with huuuugggeee followings, not many have videos on this, spreading the message.

Bells’ video has 80k views yet there’s farrr less comments….

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Consider the west is trying to take away the masculine, stoic, male archetype. Of course making women more masculine is okay as a caveat because that works to the equity goals of our society. It is everywhere you look.

I disagree whole heartedly with where the world is going, but I think that is likely their perspective on determining these rules.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pretty disappointing out of many big fitness etc. YouTube channels with huuuugggeee followings, not many have videos on this, spreading the message.

Bells’ video has 80k views yet there’s farrr less comments….
Ryan Russo put out a video on it as well. That's where I first heard about it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did not even address testosterone in my comment. I focused on why telemedicine is important for our medical system.

I think it’s important to be positive and constructive.