The day after...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you guys have a “accidental” cheat do you guys reduce your calories the next day or just continue like nothing happened?

I accidentally had 3 pints of Ben&jerry’s before bed last night... so I went 3600 calories over... 😬

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When you guys have a “accidental” cheat do you guys reduce your calories the next day or just continue like nothing happened?

I accidentally had 3 pints of Ben&jerry’s before bed last night... so I went 3600 calories over...
With something like that, I continue like nothing happened and don't make a habit of it. In the grand scheme of things, it really won't cause damage. If you went over 200cal then maybe you could just reduce cals by 100 the next two days but that's just splitting hairs.

I've been very strict with my calorie counting but on my birthday I let loose. The next day, I continued as if it never happened and I've noticed no difference in the mirror or scale and had a good night's sleep and a great workout the day after.

3600cals over? Accept it, enjoy it, and move on.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't worry about it. Likely you'll eat less the next day anyway just from all the calories and have plenty of glycogen restored. Believe it or not several people even pro lifters claim ice cream before bed helps them with recovery and growing with little to no fat gain. They probably aren't doing 3600 calories though :) I would assume the combination of sugars, fats, proteins and it was noted many were eating the natural ice creams not the heavily processed stuff. Personally I wouldn't make it a habit of even a small bowl before bed but I assume one could do much worse.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool, thanks guys, was hoping someone had a secret so I could do this all the time since it was so good, lol, jk 😜