The Complete Guide to Bloodwork for Bodybuilders

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I was beyond happy with this last episode of my podcast where Austin Stout and myself broke down blood work for bodybuilders! Why its important, what type of tests to get done, how to interpret your numbers, and how to correct poor blood results through nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle adjustments! Be sure to take notes because this was 1 hour and 30 minutes of STRAIGHT information!

Here is the link on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/beastfitness-radios-podcast/id1065532968

And I'm uploading a video of it to my YouTube Page as we speak. For any competitor, blood work IS A MUST.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any info on how to find an understanding doctor that will do the tests if u ask for it instead of telling u no haha?
good thread ideas by the way thanks man.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Any info on how to find an understanding doctor that will do the tests if u ask for it instead of telling u no haha?
good thread ideas by the way thanks man.
The real issue is not as much whether you tell your Doc, or not ..... the real issue is whether or not any record of your having taken steroids, or having test results which indicate abnormalities which are commonly attributable to steroid use, shows up in your medical records.

how to go about this in some practical manor of not making you or your dr uncomfortable.

I understand that parts of our conversation are recorded by you into my medical record. I also understand that if any tests are performed that in most cases, the results are placed in the record as well. My issue is this - There are times that I would like to discuss things with you that I DO NOT want to be in my record. Now, with all due respect to you and your duties, I was wondering:

If I have a conversation with you, and I express that I do NOT want that conversation to be recorded or referenced in ANY manner in my record, can you honor that?

Also,

If any type of medical tests are performed on me, that may pertain to information that I do not wish to be entered into my records, is it also possible to NOT place those test results in my record? Meaning, is there a way to have tests performed anonymously so that if I have a "private" issue, and that requires that a test be performed, that we can do the test and see the results without them going into my record?

Now, BOTH of these issues are important to ask your Doc. And here is why.

The first issue is quite obvious. Lets say you tell your Doc that you have certain pains, or your kidneys hurt, or maybe your natural Test does not seem to be recovering, or your balls have shrunk and are taking a long time to get back to size … etc etc etc. And as part of you telling him all of the pertinent facts, you need to tell him that you have taken, or are currently taking, AS. Well, to give you a real diagnosis, and to SAFELY recommend a course of action (and maybe prescribe medicines) then the Doc needs to know that you were (or are) ON.

The second issue is the one most guys overlook. Let’s say you ask your Doc that first question, and he is fine with honoring your request for privacy. Cool. You tell him what’s up, what hurts (or whatever) and you tell him that you are (or were) ON. He understands (disagrees probably with what you did …) but he does not record those details into your records. Cool. You think you are in the clear. …

The Hidden Danger of Test Results

NOW HERE IS WHERE MOST GUYS GET INTO TROUBLE.

So maybe your Doc needs to have some tests performed. He takes blood and/or urine or whatever. He collects the sample, and PLACES YOUR NAME ON IT AND SENDS IT TO A LAB. Then the lab processes it and gets the results, which are presented/recorded with YOUR NAME ON IT. Then these results ARE PLACED INTO YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS.

Once those results are in your records, they are VERY VERY difficult to get out.

although you have an understanding Dr- there is much much more here. If you are asking for blood test and says no, but you insist and he runs the tests.
the results come back with tests level way above normal although you will be fine, your medical records have a history that shows that at some point your Test levels were way above normal! Even though the Doc was cool, this could be incriminating data to have in your medical file.

Now, its not a legal problem per se, no one is going to bust you (in terms of like a criminal charge or anything) for having that in your medical record.

But, having that in your record is basically telling people that you DID use AS at some time.

Why could that be a problem?

Because some day, you may need to get new Medical Insurance.

And,

If your Medical Record does show that you had some very strange (attributable to AS) test results in the past, and you then try to get new Medical Coverage, then one of 2 scenarios is very likely:

1 - You get rejected for coverage. When getting new insurance, they will check over your current medical records. If they see anything like this, in some cases, they will NOT insure you.

2 - Maybe you get covered. Fine,. When changing onto new insurance, in many cases you are given a questionnaire where you are suppose to detail what your medical history is. Fine,. So maybe they did not check your Docs file, but they read YOUR statement of your history (you know, those long form where they list like every disease and you are supposed to check whether or not you have had it .. they list a bunch of medical problems …. You list whether or not you have had it , etc.). Now if you lie and say you did NOT ever use AS (I mean, who would admit to this on such a form ….) what can happen is that if you DO get approved to be covered and ever get sick, and if it gets costly, that’s when they will pour over your records. If they see the earlier test results (like the high Test levels) and then they see that on your form, you did NOT admit to this, then the insurance company will say you LIED on your application (true) and then they will have grounds to NOT cover you.

of course this is the most extreme, but again, this is going to be based on your relationship with your Dr. Do you need to find a new one, that my friend is your decision for you to make.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The real issue is not as much whether you tell your Doc, or not ..... the real issue is whether or not any record of your having taken steroids, or having test results which indicate abnormalities which are commonly attributable to steroid use, shows up in your medical records.

how to go about this in some practical manor of not making you or your dr uncomfortable.

I understand that parts of our conversation are recorded by you into my medical record. I also understand that if any tests are performed that in most cases, the results are placed in the record as well. My issue is this - There are times that I would like to discuss things with you that I DO NOT want to be in my record. Now, with all due respect to you and your duties, I was wondering:

If I have a conversation with you, and I express that I do NOT want that conversation to be recorded or referenced in ANY manner in my record, can you honor that?

Also,

If any type of medical tests are performed on me, that may pertain to information that I do not wish to be entered into my records, is it also possible to NOT place those test results in my record? Meaning, is there a way to have tests performed anonymously so that if I have a "private" issue, and that requires that a test be performed, that we can do the test and see the results without them going into my record?

The first issue is quite obvious. Lets say you tell your Doc that you have certain pains, or your kidneys hurt, or maybe your natural Test does not seem to be recovering, or your balls have shrunk and are taking a long time to get back to size … etc etc etc. And as part of you telling him all of the pertinent facts, you need to tell him that you have taken, or are currently taking, AS. Well, to give you a real diagnosis, and to SAFELY recommend a course of action (and maybe prescribe medicines) then the Doc needs to know that you were (or are) ON.

The second issue is the one most guys overlook. Let’s say you ask your Doc that first question, and he is fine with honoring your request for privacy. Cool. You tell him what’s up, what hurts (or whatever) and you tell him that you are (or were) ON. He understands (disagrees probably with what you did …) but he does not record those details into your records. Cool. You think you are in the clear. …

So maybe your Doc needs to have some tests performed. He takes blood and/or urine or whatever. He collects the sample, and PLACES YOUR NAME ON IT AND SENDS IT TO A LAB. Then the lab processes it and gets the results, which are presented/recorded with YOUR NAME ON IT. Then these results ARE PLACED INTO YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS.

Once those results are in your records, they are VERY VERY difficult to get out.

although you have an understanding Dr- there is much much more here. If you are asking for blood test and says no, but you insist and he runs the tests.
the results come back with tests level way above normal although you will be fine, your medical records have a history that shows that at some point your Test levels were way above normal! Even though the Doc was cool, this could be incriminating data to have in your medical file.

Now, its not a legal problem per se, no one is going to bust you (in terms of like a criminal charge or anything) for having that in your medical record.

But, having that in your record is basically telling people that you DID use AS at some time.

And,

If your Medical Record does show that you had some very strange (attributable to AS) test results in the past, and you then try to get new Medical Coverage, then one of 2 scenarios is very likely:

1 - You get rejected for coverage. When getting new insurance, they will check over your current medical records. If they see anything like this, in some cases, they will NOT insure you.

2 - Maybe you get covered. Fine,. When changing onto new insurance, in many cases you are given a questionnaire where you are suppose to detail what your medical history is. Fine,. So maybe they did not check your Docs file, but they read YOUR statement of your history (you know, those long form where they list like every disease and you are supposed to check whether or not you have had it .. they list a bunch of medical problems …. You list whether or not you have had it , etc.). Now if you lie and say you did NOT ever use AS (I mean, who would admit to this on such a form ….) what can happen is that if you DO get approved to be covered and ever get sick, and if it gets costly, that’s when they will pour over your records. If they see the earlier test results (like the high Test levels) and then they see that on your form, you did NOT admit to this, then the insurance company will say you LIED on your application (true) and then they will have grounds to NOT cover you.

of course this is the most extreme, but again, this is going to be based on your relationship with your Dr. Do you need to find a new one, that my friend is your decision for you to make.
First thanks for the break down
2nd sh!!!t
How to get blood work and know if u r fine after each cycle?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
there are some here that can offer suggestions for sites-

i know what you mean bro and telling you which way to go is hard to do. dont want to give the wrong info. do you have a good relationship with your dr? if so, keeping the name off the tests maybe the way to go. if not, then you have your answer

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there are some here that can offer suggestions for sites-

i know what you mean bro and telling you which way to go is hard to do. dont want to give the wrong info. do you have a good relationship with your dr? if so, keeping the name off the tests maybe the way to go. if not, then you have your answer
I have no dr, I ditched his ass cos he refused to test my hormones levels etc before my first cycle so I was like screw u.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

Also,

And,

Wow, thanks for breaking this down. I was planning to hand copies of my bloods to my doc to add to my medical file, even though I had them done privately. I did not consider all of the potential issues down the road. Even if you did not admit to AS use, I would not be surprised if there are conditions that could only be diagnosed as AS use. And as doctors, they are trained to identify causes of problems. And it becomes painfully obvious that you are lying if you say, oh I was taking multivitamins or creatine, and the only two known reasons for your blood results are AS usage or Ebola (for example). Also, this could be unrelated to your condition, but if the insurance company detects it while trying to find a way to deny payment for some other condition, they could use this as character evidence. Since you lied about this, then you "allegedly" likely lied about preconditions about something else.
Your post made me seriously rethink my plan. While SARMs atm a gray area and I could swear, hand on my heart, that I have never used AS, this could change very quickly and rules could somehow reach back retroactively.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
it is a lot to consider, but if you abuse something that always will lead to issues. there are many people who use aas yearly (i know this isnt news to anyone) so obviously there are ways to do this.

talk to your dr before you start a cycle, about on the record off the record issues. last thing you want to get into is an issue and then not being able to go to him if you have an issue.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I would honestly promote having SOMEONE you can trust to help with any bloodwork, whether that be your physician OR prep coach. The biggest thing is you want someone who is familiar with AAS and how they effect bloodwork, plain and simple. Like I discussed on the episode, not all doctors are going to fall into this range. If they don't, either find a new doctor or work with a prep coach that can actually help interpret your results and make the proper adjustments in order to correct poor results.

No matter what everything done with AAS is a gamble so its always good to be in hands that you trust.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this was amazing lol. I ordered it online, walked in the same day and had results by e-mail next day. Like you said, can't beat it.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this was amazing lol. I ordered it online, walked in the same day and had results by e-mail next day. Like you said, can't beat it.
aside from the female test panel do u add lipids test too ?which is another 50 bucks.

Demgainz

Demgainz

Awards
  • Established
Still trying to find a place that does it in jersey. Private med labs will not do bloodwork in jersey and several other states in the US.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I think the lipids add on was an extra 40 or 50, most people suggested it. I'd suggest it too, I just had a physical recently and it was covered by insurance. I might add I got duped into a physical because I thought they would do the hormone panel! Hah, oh well, guess it was good to get done regardless.

There were posts about some states that private med labs wouldn't do like NJ, NY, MA, etc. There might have been some workarounds in that post or another post dedicated to addressing those states.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still trying to find a place that does it in jersey. Private med labs will not do bloodwork in jersey and several other states in the US.
Drive to PA bro.. its right there. I have never been asked for my license for blood work before.. They have no clue what my real addy is.. just make one up. Do you have a friend or family member in pa?

Demgainz

Demgainz

Awards
  • Established
Drive to PA bro.. its right there. I have never been asked for my license for blood work before.. They have no clue what my real addy is.. just make one up. Do you have a friend or family member in pa?
Nope. No family or friends in PA. I never thought of driving there for bloodwork and thought that it would just not be feasible.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope. No family or friends in PA. I never thought of driving there for bloodwork and thought that it would just not be feasible.
Pretty feasible bro.. just make up an addy..

When you order it asks you for your info.. just make one up.. they have never ONCE in the tons of times i've gone asked for my license. They just show me the paper and say is this your addy.. i say yup. Pick one by a college town.. even if they ask for ID.. say its your college address. The person is not going to care.. trust me bro.

99.9% of people they encounter daily are not doing shady things lol.. so they are not even thinking that or questioning it.. plus they make like $10/hr.. they dont give a **** lol

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
aside from the female test panel do u add lipids test too ?which is another 50 bucks.
I would advise getting as much as you can afford. The more knowledge you have about whats going on internally, the best external results you can make.

Pretty feasible bro.. just make up an addy..

When you order it asks you for your info.. just make one up.. they have never ONCE in the tons of times i've gone asked for my license. They just show me the paper and say is this your addy.. i say yup. Pick one by a college town.. even if they ask for ID.. say its your college address. The person is not going to care.. trust me bro.

99.9% of people they encounter daily are not doing shady things lol.. so they are not even thinking that or questioning it.. plus they make like $10/hr.. they dont give a **** lol
Yeah no one is going to care. I live in PA so never had any issues.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Another episode of Beast Fitness Radio is coming up within the next week! This will be a follow up Q&A to our last episode on bloodwork. Austin Stout and myself put a LOT of information into the last episode and I know people have specific questions about their blood work. Please comment below, message, or email me your questions ([email protected]) and we'll be sure to answer them on the next episode!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I was beyond happy with this last episode of my podcast where Austin Stout and myself broke down blood work for bodybuilders! Why its important, what type of tests to get done, how to interpret your numbers, and how to correct poor blood results through nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle adjustments! Be sure to take notes because this was 1 hour and 30 minutes of STRAIGHT information!

Here is the link on iTunes:

And I'm uploading a video of it to my YouTube Page as we speak. For any competitor, blood work IS A MUST.
subbed