The best method of dialling in Aromasin dosage

Samgotti18

Awards
Dialling in your AI dosage can feel a bit like walking a tight rope, especially with Aromasin as crashing your E2 with it is more unforgiving than with Arimidex due to Aromasin's suicidal nature.

A study Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males says:

'The terminal half-life was 8.9 h. Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 ± 14% was observed at 12 h after a single 25-mg dose of exemestane. Estradiol remained suppressed by 58 ± 21% at 24 h and returned to baseline 3–6 d after treatment'

My takeaway from this is that how to dial in your Aromasin dosage is highly dependant on your individual rate of producing new aromatase enzymes.

If you take 6 days to return to your baseline levels, but dose Aromasin E3D, then you will keep pushing your E2 levels further down and down.

If you take 3 days to return to baseline levels, then dosing E3D could be just right for you.

I haven't found my ideal AI dosage yet and my plan is the following. I'm taking 12.5mg Aromasin on pin days currently and I'm taking an E2 blood test every pin day in the morning to see where my E2 is at. For me my E2 is only slightly elevated, but it's enough to give me puffy nipples with slight sensitivity. As soon as it's lowered, the puffiness goes away. But I have to be careful, because the day after taking 12.5mg Aromasin I can sometimes feel low E2 sides, such as achy joints and dry skin.

I might switch to injecting M,W,F and taking 6.25 Aromasin on injection days, to keep blood levels more stable.

I will report back with updates.

If anyone has anything of value to add then I look forward to the discussion.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Dialling in your AI dosage can feel a bit like walking a tight rope, especially with Aromasin as crashing your E2 with it is more unforgiving than with Arimidex due to Aromasin's suicidal nature.

A study Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males says:

'The terminal half-life was 8.9 h. Maximal estradiol suppression of 62 ± 14% was observed at 12 h after a single 25-mg dose of exemestane. Estradiol remained suppressed by 58 ± 21% at 24 h and returned to baseline 3–6 d after treatment'

My takeaway from this is that how to dial in your Aromasin dosage is highly dependant on your individual rate of producing new aromatase enzymes.

If you take 6 days to return to your baseline levels, but dose Aromasin E3D, then you will keep pushing your E2 levels further down and down.

If you take 3 days to return to baseline levels, then dosing E3D could be just right for you.

I haven't found my ideal AI dosage yet and my plan is the following. I'm taking 12.5mg Aromasin on pin days currently and I'm taking an E2 blood test every pin day in the morning to see where my E2 is at. For me my E2 is only slightly elevated, but it's enough to give me puffy nipples with slight sensitivity. As soon as it's lowered, the puffiness goes away. But I have to be careful, because the day after taking 12.5mg Aromasin I can sometimes feel low E2 sides, such as achy joints and dry skin.

I might switch to injecting M,W,F and taking 6.25 Aromasin on injection days, to keep blood levels more stable.

I will report back with updates.

If anyone has anything of value to add then I look forward to the discussion.
Did you ever figure this out? Having a fn hell of a time getting e2 under control it’s bringing me to almost try to quit TRT all together after 8 years